United States Post Office / non-deliver of mail

1 11325 ErdmannSterling Heights, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 586-731-2240

In April of 2007 my son David Zoltowski filed a change of address form with the post office. Everything was fine until my mail for Daniel Zoltowski stated being forwarded to my son's address (21305 Joliet, Macomb, MI 48044). I contacted the local post office and asked them to be sure they only forwarded David's mail. All mail is using the full name and not the initial. My bills continued to be sent to my son. I visited the local post office 3 times and each time was assured that it would be taken care of. The last visit I received an explanation that the bills are sorted a another company which is sub-contracted to do this job and then forwarded to the post office for delivery. I was told the sub-contractor would be cotcted and told not to forward mail addressed to Daniel. This didn't work either. The vendors started changing my address on all my bills sending them directly to my son. I had to contact the vendors and explain I had not moved and to NOT change the billing address on my accounts. April came and I thought now everything will be ok because David's change of address form had expired. Boy, was I wrong. I have received 3 calls this week because I had not paid bills (of coure I had not received these bills). I found that now the post office is sending my mail back to whomever sent it. My charge account holder called me and informed me that there was a hold on my account because I had not paid my bill. After talking to them I found that my bills had been returned to them as njon-deliverable. I am totally frustrated. Today I spoke to the City of Sterling Heights concerning an Absentee Ballot and they informed me that they had sent the request to my home and it was returned to them as undeliverable. I don't know how much more mail I have not received, but the junk mail sure arrives. HELP! I don't know what to do.

Comments

24th of Oct, 2008

I have two complaints regarding two packages I have sent two different times from Rochester, New York to 1412 Market Street, San Francisco, California zip code 94102. Both packages were to go to 1412 Market Street which is a dorm by the name of Golden Gate Hall (San Francisco Conservatory of Music). The first package I neglected to put Market Street and addressed the package 1412 Gold Gate Hall. The student never got the package and I never received it back. I believe that any postal carrier would have known that address or would have been able to figure it out and get it to the correct address. The address comes up quickly when you google Golden Gate Hall on the internet. I made numerous phone calls trying to figure out where it ended up. Finally a postal worker said that incorrectly addressed packages end up somewhere in her building and there were having trouble with getting them sent back because this job was outsourced and there was some problem.

The other package I sent on October 14 and addressed it correctly. It is has been 11 days and the student still hasn't received it. Is there some problem with this particular post office??

• Le
      6th of Nov, 2008

I live in a small apartment complex and am disabled in that I have a very serious illness. This means I am home 90 percent of the time.

The trouble I am having is that the postal carrier does not ring my bell if there is a
    package, nor does (s)he put a slip on the door alerting me a package has been even
    there for me! This is serious; I have medicines which come via mail.

I have talked with my regular carrier, he says it is not him but the substitutes. I have called and complained to the supervisor, she does not seem particularly concerned - although she said she would talk to the carrier in question, it keeps happening.

I ordered a piece of artwork from Canada and have just found out there was attempted delivery on a day I was home and that a supposed slip was put on the door, advising me of this attempt - 2 weeks ago! I know I was home, as it was the day before a huge medical test, so was resting, but would have heard the doorbell.
    Now I am advised this has probably been sent back to Western Canada, with expensive shipping costs.

This has been going on too long. What can I do? As a Disabled Person, do I have any rights? I have been disabled for 9 years, the stress of this may not sound large, but it is. The lack of medicines being received, or of some pleasure, is enormous, to someone who is housebound most the time.

Writing this out does not eliminate my stress, I am looking for results. The Post Office must deliver mail to me, it has been paid for.

• Mr
      9th of Oct, 2009

10.9.2009

TO: Whom it may concern!

CC: United States Postal Service
    475 L’Enfant Plaza SW
    Washington DC 20260-5801

Attn: Manager Natalie Sorvari & Mary-Joe-sarcastic and condescending attitude
    CC: Northland District consumer affairs-unresponsive!
    100 S. 1st street room 121

Seeger Square E. St Paul, MN. E. St. Paul, Minnesota 55106-3864
    Spanish employee misconduct: Jesse clerk #20

Bill# 1000200267531

Discrimination employee misconduct complaint re: Location Two
    Eastern Heights, Oakdale location (Bob) & older Caucasian window clerk Linda-verbally loud, defensive & rude! Oakdale, Mn location Supervisor Mr. Iverson

Summery: On 9.30.2009 I attempted to go to this post office location to purchase some postage stamps for my five letters. Postal employee Jesse rudely and discriminately, disrespectfully greeted me! This is my third appearance at this location, which is connected to this small strip mall storefronts that also house/lease Rainbow foods grocery store.

The outer appearance of this post office location is dirty unsanitary and disgusting. Spots-stains-spite-spew-saliva surround the entrance and concrete side-walk. Smashed bubble gum discarded cigarette butts carelessly littered and thrown.

Jesse seemed to be in an ornery, foul, argumentative and impatient mood and was also argumentative and defensive with me! Addressing me as a child or animal! On further note Jesse also smelled like he needed a bath as he is an extremely oversized male that sits in a chair at the customer service window all day with an ornery and stern attitude. Customers/citizens should not have to be subject to this type of discourteous, dirty, misconduct and or behavior.

This is the third post office within less then a years time around the E. Saint Paul Minnesota area that has been getting numerous complaints and negative ratings with it’s management/supervisor/employee customer relations and discriminatively run business! Including the Dayton’s Bluff location & Eastern Heights, Oakdale Mn. Caucasian male window teller (Bob) who wears visible droopy gold neck chains and appears intimidating to some customers/consumers. I verbally heard him call a Caucasian woman customer stupid in a joking disrespectful manner belittling her during a window transaction! Bob seems to frequently be in a cocky, defensive, stern mood during window customer transactions with other selective customers.

Furthermore, at the Seeger post office location when I asked for a manager or supervisor on duty I was rudely and sarcastically given a name of Charlie. However, this man was unavailable for customer complaints/concerns at the time…So when I got to my home/residence I attempted to call customer service hotline for the USPS @ 1-800-275-877 Unfortunately, this number and department customer service computer’s were allegedly down, at the time, only to file a complaint, not to purchase postage and or track or to ship a package! I was told to call back later that night or tomorrow to file a consumer complaint. As of receipt of my/this original complaint over a week later after submitting a verbal complaint to Minneapolis Northland district Consumer Affairs manager Mrs. Natalie Sorvari t: 612.349.4401 who was to return my calls regarding a previous complaint months ago and never did! This Location and office/department has been recently unresponsive to my letters. However, I did manage to file another verbal complaint the following day over the telephone with a familiar over sarcastic and insincere woman by the name of: Mary-Joe hotline t: 612.349.6388 f: 612.349.3512

Please properly, investigate

Sincerely and respectfully a concerned customer/consumer Mr. P. Tejeda

• Tw
      5th of Dec, 2010

as a retired mailman in syracuse ny, I can tell you that the problem comes from washington DC. no hiring is allowed unless it is approved by washington. when someone retires his route is obsorbed by the exsisting routes. the routes are being timed right down to the second, and being retimed every 2-3 months so there is no spare time. when the carrier is given extra to do, due to retirement, sick call, or vacation time, it tacked on to an exsisting route and the carrier is told to do the extra 1st, thus putting his regular deliverys behind for the day. Also having a differant person deliver part of a route everyday results in undelivered and misdelivered mail. Its only going to get worse. This also applys to the inside help. They have cut back the mail sorters and counter help so much that to get a book of stamps can take you up to 45 minutes. In my own personal opinion, I think the government is trying to make the service so bad that the public will want it turned over to public enterprise, which is what the government wants.

• Di
      4th of Sep, 2012

yeah zuck the post office they can ciss my bass

7th of Jun, 2016

I live in the zip code of 77044 which is the 550 Maxey Road post office, And I am here to make a big complaint .first some days I dont even see a post man around here and when I have a sure post package they email saying it will be there that day and I wait around and its not delivered for days after this is bull I want you people to find a steady good driver out here, because it has been going on for years now, I am a tax payer and we the people should not have to but up with this behavior and foolish laziness also you can't keep a steady driver out here it is someone new every week . Fix the problem please !!!

2nd of Oct, 2016

I live at a reassigned address due to the 911 initiative in 2010, which renamed roads and gave new address numbers to houses, supposedly so that the 911 emergency system could better find the house in an emergency. I don't know if this is the problem or not. I routinely fail to get very important mail that I am expecting. Medical licenses, DEA cards, Checks, Insurance papers, Jury duty notice, Legal notices, IRS papers, and so on. I know only about these because they are anticipated to arrive and never do. The post-office only responds that they need information regarding who sent it, how it was sent and so forth. They really do not care. Now I am trying to file absentee ballot, but I cannot locate my polling place because my address does not exist.. Filed online complaint and have heard nothing, and am sure I never will. Pathetic. For many of these things there is no other form of delivery. Funny, but when something is sent certified, they seem to be able to find my house. I bought another house recently and when I did, my credit report showed a collection from about 2 years prior for $85.00. Never got the bills or collections or any notices. I make well over $500K per year and have a spotless credit report in spite of paying more in taxes than is conceivable - need a tax attorney or something??. Really?? $85 collection on my report which cost me higher interest on my loan because the post office cannot reliably deliver mail? Whatever happened to thru rain and sleet and snow and all that, , or am I confusing this for the pony express? I am lost and have no idea where to go from here, but I need my mail. Who knows what else I did not get that I was not even expecting??