United States Post Office / late delivery & postage date blackened

1 330 Miami StreetPark Forest, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 708-481-6914

I received my Chase Visa bill with the payment due date of 09/04/08 on 09/03/08.

With only one day before it was past due I called the card company to let them know my situation. I was not very happy to learn that I would not receive an extension on this payment.

The Post Office had delivered my bill late and on top of that used a black marker to cover the delivery date on the outside envelope.

Not only did they make me have delinquent charges but they also deliberatly covered their mistake. This is a dishonest action and not to mention, it also ruins my credit history. I would appreciate a quick reply to my concerns.

Comments

• Do
      6th of May, 2009

HOW, WHO, DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH ON.. MAIL BOX CLOSED BECAUSE MAIL BOX LEAKS WATER, AND HANDLE IS 1/2 WAY ATTACHED..? LIVED HERE 9 GOING ON 10 YEARS, AT :99 BRISTOL LANE MAGGIE VALLEY NC.28751-9632 MAILBOX CHANGED TO NEW ONE, WAS RECIVING MAIL WITH SAME ADDRESS, WENT OUT ONE DAY AND THEY CHANGED MY BOX TO THE DAMAGED BOX, MY MAIL GETS WET NOW ANDWILL NOT LET ME RECIVE AND SEND MAIL OUT OF SAME BOX AS ALWAYS, THEN THERE PUTTING MY MAIL IN ADDRESS 101 SAME ADDRESS, BUT THEY RENT THAT OUT TO SOMEBODY, IM IN BACK HOUSE AT 99 BRISTOL LANE AS ALWAYS, RENTING THIS HOUSE FOR 10 YEARS, DOES THE POST OFFICE HAVE A FORM TO FILL OUT ON OWNERS TO FIX THE BOX AND OR RETURN MY MAIL WERE IT WAS BEING SENT IN NEW BOX AS IT WAS... OR DO I HAVE TO CHECK 3 MAIL BOXES, AND OR GET AL MY MAIL WET WHEN IT RAINS..? MY MAIL SHOULD NOT GO IN TO 101 BRISTOL LANE, OWNERS SHOULD FIX, OR BUY NEW BOX FOR MY MAIL, IF THEY DO NOT WANT MY MAIL IN THERE BOX LIKE IT WAS FOR 10 YEARS.. PLEASE REPLY

• Mr
      9th of Oct, 2009

10.9.2009

TO: Whom it may concern!

CC: United States Postal Service
    475 L’Enfant Plaza SW
    Washington DC 20260-5801

Attn: Manager Natalie Sorvari & Mary-Joe-sarcastic and condescending attitude
    CC: Northland District consumer affairs-unresponsive!
    100 S. 1st street room 121

Seeger Square E. St Paul, MN. E. St. Paul, Minnesota 55106-3864
    Spanish employee misconduct: Jesse clerk #20

Bill# 1000200267531

Discrimination employee misconduct complaint re: Location Two
    Eastern Heights, Oakdale location (Bob) & older Caucasian window clerk Linda-verbally loud, defensive & rude! Oakdale, Mn location Supervisor Mr. Iverson

Summery: On 9.30.2009 I attempted to go to this post office location to purchase some postage stamps for my five letters. Postal employee Jesse rudely and discriminately, disrespectfully greeted me! This is my third appearance at this location, which is connected to this small strip mall storefronts that also house/lease Rainbow foods grocery store.

The outer appearance of this post office location is dirty unsanitary and disgusting. Spots-stains-spite-spew-saliva surround the entrance and concrete side-walk. Smashed bubble gum discarded cigarette butts carelessly littered and thrown.

Jesse seemed to be in an ornery, foul, argumentative and impatient mood and was also argumentative and defensive with me! Addressing me as a child or animal! On further note Jesse also smelled like he needed a bath as he is an extremely oversized male that sits in a chair at the customer service window all day with an ornery and stern attitude. Customers/citizens should not have to be subject to this type of discourteous, dirty, misconduct and or behavior.

This is the third post office within less then a years time around the E. Saint Paul Minnesota area that has been getting numerous complaints and negative ratings with it’s management/supervisor/employee customer relations and discriminatively run business! Including the Dayton’s Bluff location & Eastern Heights, Oakdale Mn. Caucasian male window teller (Bob) who wears visible droopy gold neck chains and appears intimidating to some customers/consumers. I verbally heard him call a Caucasian woman customer stupid in a joking disrespectful manner belittling her during a window transaction! Bob seems to frequently be in a cocky, defensive, stern mood during window customer transactions with other selective customers.

Furthermore, at the Seeger post office location when I asked for a manager or supervisor on duty I was rudely and sarcastically given a name of Charlie. However, this man was unavailable for customer complaints/concerns at the time…So when I got to my home/residence I attempted to call customer service hotline for the USPS @ 1-800-275-877 Unfortunately, this number and department customer service computer’s were allegedly down, at the time, only to file a complaint, not to purchase postage and or track or to ship a package! I was told to call back later that night or tomorrow to file a consumer complaint. As of receipt of my/this original complaint over a week later after submitting a verbal complaint to Minneapolis Northland district Consumer Affairs manager Mrs. Natalie Sorvari t: 612.349.4401 who was to return my calls regarding a previous complaint months ago and never did! This Location and office/department has been recently unresponsive to my letters. However, I did manage to file another verbal complaint the following day over the telephone with a familiar over sarcastic and insincere woman by the name of: Mary-Joe hotline t: 612.349.6388 f: 612.349.3512

Please properly, investigate