United States Legal Investigation Department / scam

1 NY, United States Review updated:

a man with a indian accent left a voicemail staing a friend of mine left me as a reference in a loan matter and that its me responsibilty also. he told me to have my friend call him back with his social security number...My friend he was referring to wasnt so lucky. he recieved the phone call two months earlier and gave the man his bank number. they then with access to his account began to withdrawal large amounts of money.
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A LARGE SCALE SCAM!
DO NOT FALL FOR IT!

The number they called from was [protected]

Comments

• Go
      7th of Jun, 2011

they also call from 646-918-8118 as well as a a6 digit phone number beginning with 052 thick indian accent every time he uses a different name but same story. please give it up

24th of Apr, 2014

I have been receiving calls from a man with a heavy Indian accent. He stated that he was from United States legal Investigations and that I was being investigated for fraud. I am getting these calls on my cell phone. If I don't know the number I am not going to answer it. But this man left a voice mail. Right away when he started to talk, I knew it was a scam. This is not the first time this has happened. This happened to me 2 years ago, with someone having a heavy indian accent and telling me that I owed money from a loan, that I know I did not apply. I told him to send me the paper work with my signature and everything and prove to me that I took out a loan. The man became very irate, started cursing at me and told me that cops would be at home soon to arrest me. I said fine, and oh by the way, I have your phone number and I will be giving it to my lawyer, who is also a State Criminal Court Judge( which he is). The man hung and never called again.
    This is one is the same type of scam and the number is showing that it is from Delaware. I have ignored the calls up to now. The number showing up is 302-894-7044. This number called my cell at 6 times yesterday right behind each other. You can also tell that they are fake because they have very common American names for which you know can't be theirs.