United Resort Marketing / Scam

1 1750 S. Volusia Avenue, Suite 2, Orange City, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8669628855

High pressure phone call from Markus Scott stating that he had "numerous corporate clients" who were seeking a resort to rent for business clients and that he specifically had a client looking for a place just like ours. If we paid the $449.00 fee, he would be sending us a check for the rental within 60 days. He knew all the details of our timeshare contract, property, etc. and appeared to be legitimate. We couldn't find any complaints regarding the company on the internet, and fell for his sales pitch. Needless to say, it is now October, 2008 and we have not been able to make contact with Markus Scott or United Resort Marketing since they received our payment back in April, 2008...almost 6 months ago - a bit more than 60 days.

Feel free to contact us if you are thinking of falling for this scam. I am a retired trucker and my wife is a nurse. Neither of us, or anyone we know, has ever worked for United Resort Marketing - they have claimed in rebuttals that compalints are coming from disgruntled employees. Another lie.

I have included the phone number in their correspondence with our credit card company. None of the other phone numbers we have is ever answered by a live person, and voice mail never gets a return call.

If anyone can offer further help for putting an end to this scam and recovering our hard-earned money, please contact us!

More United Resort Marketing Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Me
      9th of Oct, 2008

My husband and I too have the same problem of not being able to contact United Resorts. Our sales person was Delores Wright. It has only been 30 days, but I am trying to get in touch with some body to see how the "show case" went. i hope we were not ripped off.

4th of Sep, 2009

I agree. My husband and I listed our time share for sales over 6 months ago. I was able to get someone to call me back once or twice but now the phone has been disconnected. Is there anything we can do? We work for a living and cannot afford to throw our money away. I talked with two different people, Amanda Keling and Josua Teagle.

• Je
      12th of Oct, 2009

my husband and I. listed our time share with United resort marketing, last year, 2008 they were big talkers the man told us all the things we were ready to hear, we were hooked they already had some one looking to buy our time share . I have been trying to get in touch with them over the telephone but the phone is disconnected. how can we get our money back. we were ripped off. WHAT CAN WE DO NOW..