United Recovery System / Calling neighbors on street

1 Sterling, VA, United States Review updated:

One woman who works for the company has been calling us. She has been rude and harrassing me that I am not taking care of my family since I will not deal with her and when I tell her my husband is out of town and I cannot make do anything without him since it is in his name she goes off on me again. Then my neighbor calls me and tells me that the woman and the agency has called her and asked if she knew us and said she was calling for an urgent matter and will call everyone on our street. Is this legal? IF not what do I do this is boderline psychotic.

Comments

• Ar
      18th of Oct, 2008

Calling my number 2 a day

• Ri
      22nd of Jan, 2009
    United Recovery System - contacting business neighbors
    United Recovery Systems
    Salisbury
    Maryland

Apparently Kewana Thomas at 800-254-0203 ext. 4201 couldn't reach my wife or I and decided to start calling my relatives starting with my mother. She explained that I wasnt there and so Kewana asked for my wife. Who also wasnt there since we dont live with my mother and havent for 23 yrs. I don't know who is is or why she took it upon herself to start calling my family members but I will find out.

• Mi
      28th of Jan, 2009
    United Recovery System - contacting business neighbors
    united recovery system
    Florida

United recovery system contacted my next door neighbor, a real estate agency saying they could not get in touch with me and needed them to hand deliver a phone message to contact them.
    After speaking to an attorney, I found out that this was against the FDCPA 15 USC 1692-1692p, section 805(B) communications with a third party is not allowed under the law by a collection agency.
    This company not only has no morals, but does not follow the standard set under the law.

• Sn
      6th of Jun, 2009

Appearently there are relatives who work for the same co. I smeel scam here. (See my post on the same company {just type in Snowater in the search window})

Only the woman who contacted me gave her name as Charleen Thomas. Hmmmm Me smells a scam!

• Th
      5th of May, 2010

You are misinterpreting the law my friend. If the collection agency discloses the nature of the call then that is a violation. If the third party offers to take a message then one can be left. Collectors can leave messages with third parties at the supposed home # without needing to be asked. Please re-read FDCPA 15 USC 1692-1692p, section 805(B). What is immoral is agreeing to do something then not do it. I think it is called lying.

• Th