United Recovery System or URS / harrassing phone calls

1 Westport, WA, United States Review updated:

This company United Recovery System has been calling my 9 year old daughters cell phone. When I called them back they were very rude, one woman hung up on me when I told her she was only 9. The next guy wouldn't tell me anything unless I provided him with a phone number so that it could be put into their system to identify their inquiry, so I hung up on him!

This really sucks, she is only 9 and has a pay as you go phone, so these flipping calls are costing her everytime they call!

What do I do? Please advise.
aghdoyle@comcast.net

Ad

Comments

• Gr
      24th of Jul, 2009

URS, like any other collection agency, is calling to try and get ahold of a consumer that is delinquent on an account. They would be calling your daughter's cell number because that is a number that either the consumer, his friends, relatives, associates, employer, or someone else linked to that person. If they call, just tell them whether you know that perons or not, so they can move on. Be sure to tell them not to call the number again because you have no information on that person, and they will block your daughter's cell number in their system.

If you're the consumer- give them your number and talk to them. They are working for several very large clients to try and get people delinquent on their accounts to pay up. These people agreed to a contract, and they are not fulfilling their end of the bargain, but rather letting everyone else foot the bill. They will work with you on a payment plan (for as much as 2 years out!!) but they are just trying to help you and the client to get the account in a paid status, so that it is a win situation for everyone.

Pay your bills, people.