United Property Sales / Company won't send any information until you agree to pay their $500+ fee

A company named United Property Sales, offers to market your land for a set fee of between $500-$700. A high-pressure salesman has been repeatedly contacting my elderly parents with news of "interested buyers" willing to pay over $20, 000 for undeveloped desert land located in the Rio Del Oro subdivision near Belen, NM. The company won't send any information until you agree to pay their $500+ fee (via credit card). Ive warned my parents away from the company, but the guy keeps calling and won't take no for an answer.

Va

Comments

• Ra
      26th of May, 2008

i have listed 4 properties with them for land i own in florida and have not sold one yet but the market for property is not the best right now. the first one cost me about 500, the next cost me 200 more for 3 more properties. let's face it at least there listed on the internet for sale. i sure wish atleast 1 would sell and if and when i will send you an email. they tell you from the start that it will sell between 60 & 90 days, 1 has passed that time about 2months ago

• La
      27th of May, 2008

I listed 2 properties with them feb this year and both closed last week so i would have to say that i feel that i recieved what i paid for

• Ke
      30th of May, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS A HUGE SCAM. THEY ARE ONLY IN IT TO GET YOUR MONEY! AFTER LISTING MY PROPERTY I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BACK AND WAS OUT OVER 900 DOLLARS. I WISH I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW! IF YOU ARE THINKING OF LISTING WITH THIS COMPANY DONT. IF YOU SIGNED UP AND NOW WANT YOUR MONEY BACK. I HOPE YOU DIDNT SIGN THEIR PAPERS!

• A
      24th of Jun, 2008

The couple that own the Dayton, OH location just skipped out on rent in the middle of the night and trashed our house - if that's any indication.

30th of Aug, 2008

Beware of United Property Sales. Had similar experience to Ken above..."THIS COMPANY IS A HUGE..." They are looking for the quick buck. Check out their web site and connect all the dots.

• Mr
      8th of Oct, 2008

If you had a bad experience with this company you chould file a complaint with the Dayton, Ohio Better Business Bureu. Call (937) 222-1534 or visit www.dayton.bbb.org. You can also file a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General at (877) 244-6446, as well as the Ohio Department of Real Estate at (614) 466-4100. This company operates scams and they do not even have a license to sell real estate. They need to be stopped, and these agencies need your help to do it.

• Sh
      30th of Dec, 2008
    United Sales - Fraud and scam
    Phone: 9704646110

Paid 64. 50 for magazine in sept and have not received nothing.
    Sure looks like a scam to me. Hope they enjoyed their trip! The
    Person that was to get this for christmas was giftless.

• Bk
      11th of Mar, 2009

My property in texas just closed last week. They tell you at the start that it will take around 3 months. Mine went about 4 months but at least they sold my property, i guess that's all that really matters.

• We
      18th of Mar, 2009
    United Property Sales - Fraud and scam
    United Property Sales
    unitedpropertysales.com

This company called me and wanted me to list a piece of property near El Paso, Texas, but they wanted $900.00, up front, to list it. They later agreed to only $450.00. This property is essentially worthless because it is too far out in the country, on poor ground. They wanted to list it for $3, 500 or $35, 000.

This is obviously a scam to get money out of people without supplying any service.

• Dr
      14th of Apr, 2009

These complaints...if that is what they are...are emotional outlets for personal frustration and discomfort. There is nothing "wrong"with that! BUT...

As a reader, I search to find complaints about property sales scams that state SPECIFIC FACTS of wrong doing to support the purpose of these statements. That is, to warn other reviewers who received calls from UPS (like me!) about ACTUAL, personal experiences that did "damage" to one's finances or property ownership.

Unfortunately, nothing like that appears in these. Instead, an attempt to purge personal fear and discomfort seems to be the purpose of these so labeled "SCAM" entries. Has anyone out there have a real-life personal rip-off by UPS to share?

• Wh
      22nd of May, 2009

Haha - United Property Sales should be investigated. I listed a property a couple of years ago and never heard anything from them until now. Roger (Ramjet?) called and said he had "good news" for me. My listing had fallen and he wanted me to upgrade it to "VIP status". The number he called from was 937-387-6509. DO NOT do business with this company. They just take your money and produce nothing as they try to sell properties for 5 to 10 times their true value.

• To
      26th of May, 2009

United Property Sales is also operating under the new fictitious name(registered filing) of National Land Investments LLC

• Mo
      12th of Jun, 2009

let me just note that they're probably doing the best they can, what with the real-estate market being down, and that it's definitely going to take longer than you had hoped to sell anything in this economy.

• Da
      25th of Jul, 2009

Please do not give your personal info to this company or one of their sister companies Nationwide or Eclipse. They have people who has been in prison for credit fraud, identity theft and writing bad checks working for them getting all your personal info.

• Da
      26th of Jul, 2009

Roger Ramjet is a fake name his real name is Roger Van Doren. If a Mike Fox calls you his real name is Mike Northcutt. The company knows there real names but has them use fake names. One of these people has been in prison for credit fraud.That might be why they do it.

• Su
      17th of Sep, 2009

I have been contacted by Courtney Schweizer, with United Property Sales, to sell my property with a contract to pay up front $1288.00.
    This covers the complete cost according to the contract. It does not have a time frame nor a garuntee it will sell for the price I want, but any offers would be reported to me & I could make a counter offer. Has anyone had property sold by this company in the last few years? Susie Jones

• Fr
      2nd of Oct, 2009

This is a scam that several companies around the country are using. They charge an upfront fee to advertise your property/timeshare on the internet. The website has zero exposure and they usually list the properties/timeshares well above appraised value (some of these properties are listed at $80, 000 and are only actually worth $10). If you have been scammed by this company or a similar one, please contact me at Fraud.Center@gmail.com and it is possible I will be able to retrieve the entire amount of the upfront cost. We have found a loophole in their contracts which could entitle you to a refund.

• Ni
      9th of Mar, 2010

I used to work for this company, and it is definitely a scam. They are pretty secretive about what is going on there. They even lied to me about what their names were. And had me lying to EVERYONE who called in. If you call there, they will not let you talk to ANYONE. no calls get through the "receptionist". I worked there for about 2 weeks before I figured out what was going on, and as soon as I googled it, I quit immediately. It is owned by kids, still in their 20's, not much older than myself. The employees are the most disgusting white trash people I've ever met and I can understand why they keep the job they have--they could never work anywhere else. Maybe Taco Bell. but even those people are a million steps above them. It is operated out of a falling apart, crusty house in a dirty part of Dayton. They will take your money and never call you back, and never sell your property. And yes it is a "legal scam" but you could still call the news networks and the cops to report it. their address is listed if you look it up. Of course not on the website, but you will be able to find it. I regret ever having anything to do with this company. It really made me feel like a bad person when I figured out what was going on.

• Ro
      29th of Nov, 2011

Investigation by Attorney General's Economic Crimes Division Leads to Execution of Search Warrants in Ohio and Florida Against Alleged Telemarketing Ring
    10/18/2011
    (COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine today announced that an investigation initiated by his newly established Economic Crimes Division has led to the execution of search warrants in Tampa, Florida and Springfield, Ohio. Agents from the Attorney General's Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) worked with state and local law enforcement to execute the search warrants at the offices of United Property Sales, LLC, (UPS), World Wide Land Marketing, (WWLM), International Property Exchange, LLC, and Nationwide Marketing and Advertising.

The Ohio Attorney General's Office has received 26 complaints from consumers since 2007 regarding United Property Sales. The suspects allegedly targeted victims who owned inexpensive, vacant land throughout the U.S. The alleged suspects would call victims and get them to pay several thousands of dollars to sell their property via the Internet and then never pay the landowners.

If consumers feel that they have been taken advantage of by United Property Sales, LLC, (UPS), World Wide Land Marketing, (WWLM), International Property Exchange, LLC or Nationwide Marketing and Advertising, they are urged to call the Ohio Attorney General's Office at 1-800-282-0515 or file a complaint online at www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov.