United Payment Services, Inc. / Dishonest & rude employees

1 (888) 494-9256Westlake Village, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 31186 La Baya Drive, Suite 100

The following is a review I posted on TrustLink: This company is horrible. Their selling tactics are dishonest & their employees are rude... at least the ones I've encountered. However, they are VERY nice while selling you their services. I've been a customer for less than 2 months & have already had multiple problems. The lady who opened my account lied by omission more than once. First, she told me they had no hidden charges like their competitors. She claimed my only charges each month would be the CSR fee, the online terminal fee, & transaction processing fees. Well the 2nd month I have a charge for $69 on my bill... A fee I was NEVER told about... Their annual fee. The only reason I chose to do business with this company is because she said their were no start up charges or hidden charges. Obviously I paid their start up charge the 2nd month. I will also have to pay it again in a year... This leads me to my second (& most ridiculous) problem: Their "application" is a 2 year contract in disguise. The sales lady was on the phone with me while I filled out the "application" (30+ pages)... She told me I was giving them permission to deposit transaction money into my account & agreeing to the rates we had discussed. She hurried me through the process & said she had to be on the phone so she could give me the secret code to get access to the paperwork. Like an idiot I trusted her... What she had really rushed me through was a 2 year contract. When I found out I was under contract I immediately called the lady who opened my account and her response was, "Oh did I not tell you about the contract? I'm sorry... I talk to so many people everyday I probably just assumed I had already told you." How convenient. Anyways don't let their B rating fool you... I have seen multiple complaints on other sites. The complaints are similar (if not identical) to mine.

An hour after I posted the review above I got an email from the man who handles complaints threatening to sue me & my company for slander & libel if I didn't remove the reviews immediately. I thought the man was just threatening but my husband thought otherwise & wanted to talk to our attorney first. Just to be safe I removed what I could (for some reason the system wouldn't let me remove everything) & sent an email apologizing to the man. My email to him was sincere & I really wanted to "bury the hatchet". I admitted where I had been wrong. I told him I regretted the situation had gone so far. This morning he sent a reply email implying again he was going to take legal action because not everything had been removed. I immediately called TrustLink, explained the situation & asked them to remove my review. The man & I exchanged a couple more emails... I was super nice & he was "cool". I was obviously making an effort to make things right & not once did say anything positive... No "thank you for cooperating", no "I'm sorry you're not pleased with the service'', nothing! Anyways, later this afternoon I got a call from my attorney. I had emailed him my original review (above) & the man's threatening email. He confirmed my original assumption... My review was 100% acceptable & his email was only to scare me into removing the negative reviews. He said I didn't have to remove it & especially didn't have to apologize. I have nothing good to say about this company. Anything positive (like short hold times while calling customer service) has TOTALLY been drowned out by all the nonsense. Please remember a "higher up" sent me an email threatening legal action when I merely posted my experience on a website intended for company reviews (positive or negative)... He bullied me into deleting my 1st review... Its quite possible I'm not the only one. Thanks for reading... I hope my experience/review has helped you.

Li

Comments

• Ar
      17th of Nov, 2008

Your completely right, this company is scam city...
    I got hurried into a contract with them the same way, when I was just calling around looking for price quotes. Before I knew I was locked into a contract with an electronic signature. The whole things felt wrong, right away.
    Very soon after I signed up I stared reading simular stories online and so I got scared, of course they said it was too late I was already commited. (less then an hour later) I asked him to send to me in writing that there were no other fees, I asked the guy point blank, 'Is there a yearly fee?' and he said, 'uhh no'. I could tell in voice he was lying and sure enough a bill arrived 2 months later for $69 yearly fee and a $16 fee for using their customer service!
    Funny thing is I got an email from them saying the they are the credit card processing firm with an A rating from BBB. Well it's a BBB rating I checked. I hope everyone with complaints does report directly to the BBB because I know for sure this is scamming company.
    How can you legally lie to someone that there is not going to be a fee and then charge it to them? My phone call wasn't being recorded. I did get the info from the guy in writing. So I am going to call tomorrow. I am scared to get into it with them, but it's the right thing to do, these people can't just rip people off and get away it.

• Ve
      4th of Oct, 2009

I was coaxed into signing an "application" which I then learned was a contract. I was told they would not deduct any money until we actually started our business. That was a lie. They immediately began taking money from our account, then charged us $299.00 to close the account. This company is unethical in my opinion. I would stear very clear from them. I've found several other companies that do what they do and they are honest. I'm not sure why anyone would wat to do business with this company.

• Mf
      20th of Oct, 2009

Just a complete scam. From the sales people down to the Risk Dept. The whole company is a lie and a scam. I asked my sales rep when filling out the application "Is this a month to month agreement can I cancel anytime without penalty". He said yes. I probably asked him 3 seperate times. I used an electronic signature to sign the agreement and come to find out now, he failed to send me all of the pages of the contract. He tricked me. He sent me about 6 pages of a contract which is actually about 32 pages long. Immediately after I signed up my first transaction and batch which was very small was held by risk managment. Fine I am a new customer so I understand. The problem is they have 3 people working that dept so it took two weeks to get the funds released . Then I am told they have to send someone to my business to do a site inspection so they are holding money again until its done. This took almost 3 weeks to get someone to my shop. Finally got the funds releasesd. Another 3 weeks goes by and my funds are held again. Routine they say. I just had to send them invoices et. So I did. I sent them everything they needed and it took another 10 phone calls and about 10 days to get the funds released. Two months goes by without issue but now I have a "request for a sales receipt from a customer. Its not a chargeback but an inquiry from a cardholder asking for a receipt. Again my funds are held. Risk Dept tells me they aren't but its been 9 days and they aren't in my checking acct. I completely understand the need to be cautious and understand they are protecting themselves but the lies, delays, and frequency of this is insane. Now I am trying to cancel my acct with them and I am told I signed a 3 year contract. I blew my top. I was completely tricked by these buffons. I think they are a tiny company and a scam. Stay away.

• Am
      13th of Nov, 2009

the "customer" service charges????? WTF??? just to ask a 30 second question w/answered i was charged over $7.00...luckily, i only have a one yr. contract w/them and then it's all over...by the way, when i signed up my "sales rep" told me that it was a FLAT RATE $9.99 per month...that they were the least expensive company/BBB, etc on the market...my first bill??? ouch! they don't tell you that if you fail to meet your "quota" you are charged well over the promised $9.99 p/month fee...i have never recommended this co. and will hopefully be able to persuade others from signing your life away to them...

• Kj
      9th of Jan, 2010

well if you need out of your contract please email me and I will help you out and get you a grreat caused base processor that doesn't charge those ridiculous fees.
    keith_paubel@yahoo.com

• Ap
      22nd of Feb, 2010

I absolutely agree, they did the same to me down to the T, they have not made any threats. Wish I would have researched before I got stuck with them.

• Sm
      30th of Apr, 2010

This is a Vaild Complaint and this company is horrible. Customer service is non exixtant. Sales staff are the only nice ones to get you to sign the paperwork then they disappear like Casper. Michelle in Customer service acts like a mafia hit woman towards customers!

• Tp
      10th of Jun, 2010

Terrible, terrible, terrible company!!! By all means, stay away from United Payment Services. My experiences echoes those above. They never released my charges even after I supplied the required information. My sales person was very nice and then disappeared when I started having problems. On top of all of that, they charged me over $500 in transaction fees (all in one day!) for services never rendered. At this point I am conferring with my attorney and seeing about putting together a class action law suit against these charlatans. If you have similar horror stories and want to join a class action please contact me at tpcesq@fuse.net.

• Ta
      21st of Aug, 2010

I had the same problems. they are scambags. my signature is nowhere in the documents. they show different documents online and after they send you a different contract. i am ready to sue them. if anybody wants to go with and file a lawsuit, contact me : autotown@hotmail.com