United Parcel Service of America [UPS] / customer service

1 United States

UPS shipped a package for me 1/8/19. My customer " receiver" opens package only to find out everything was destroyed. After further review, instead of sending someone over to investigate, they throw out the ISTA act. I understand putting this in place to protect UPS, but what's in place to protect the honest public. It's so easy to run to something written, instead of doing a little bit of investigation.

This is what they sent me...

The contents contained in the package described above were damaged. We regret any inconvenience
this may have caused you or your consignee.
The complete contents have been delivered.
When damage occurs, UPS inspects the package and evaluates the packaging according to our
packaging guidelines which include the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) 3A Test
Procedures for small parcel delivery shipments, published by the ISTA. Your packaging did not meet
these guidelines. UPS is not liable or responsible for loss or damage to any package from improper
packaging.
The evaluation revealed the following deficiencies in the packaging that was for this shipment.
· The large cell bubble sheeting used for cushioning did not adequately protect the merchandise.
Recommendation: Use foam sheeting with a minimum thickness of 1/4-inch (0.64 cm). Include several
layers to ensure that the entire product is cushioned, and pay close attention to protecting corners and
edges. When packing multiple items, wrap each item separately. Fragile items need separation from
each other, and from the corners, sides, top, and bottom of the box. Each item should be surrounded
by at least two inches (5.08 cm) of sheeting and placed two inches (5.08 cm) away from the box walls.

I bubble wrapped each part so I knew personally it wouldn't get damaged by a simple drop or bumped during transit.

I'm just one person, but I feel we all should be heard since we are the ones paying their bills. I left this complaint, but I'm sure it's thrown away and not discussed on how they all can help.

To whom this concerns,

You can't be serious. Not only is my customer out of what was promised to him, UPS has taken $537 from my pocket.
I wrapped each door very carefully with adequate bubble wrap to protect these parts. I don't care if you use ½" thick foam, this looks like it was so mishandled that nothing would have protected it. It looks like it was dropped from a 2 story building.

But, because of your International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) 3A Test Procedures for small parcel delivery shipments, published by the ISTA, you are protected to tell the customer to get lost without any further review.
Your customer service is absolutely the worst I've seen yet. I will no longer be using UPS and I promise to tell my customers of mine how terribly UPS handled this situation.

Phil Lange