United Moving & Storage / United Moving & Storage is a rip-off!

Contracted with United Moving and Storage to move from Orlando to Raleigh. Double-charged our credit card for a deposit, then switched us to another mover, Empire Moving Services or Empire Relocation. Empire wouldn't honor the contract, changed the weight estimate, increased the price, left items behind, didn't pick up or deliver on schedule, demanded 150% of estimate to unload and held our goods hostage for a week. They didn't weigh the load or provide us any proof of weight, wouldn't let us check off items as they unloaded, lost, damaged or broke many items, and will not honor a purchased $25,000 insurance policy. United Moving and Storage will not take action, will not respond.

Lu

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2007

Steve
    I have sent you an email as well. I hired MovingKingdom based out of Miami Nov19th for a move from Orlando to Atlanta. Since the pick up of my items it has been one ordeal after another. I was called Jan 15th (ahead of my delivery date) and was told I needed to arrange for movement of my belongs because moving kingdom was going out of business. I raced to get my finances in order to pay the amount listed on my contract. The delivery guys arrived and declined payment. Said it had to be cash. I did not even get to see my belongings. I had to arrange for redelivery. Redelivery was quoted at over 600$.

This violates the 110% law, not to mention the fact various others because these companies are not licensed as movers. Only as brokers.

I am supposed to be getting my items this week (who only knows what condition they will be in).
    I have a list of documented offenses and legal mishaps this company has performed.

They have several umbrella companies that are listed as movers who they supposedly contract for once these others go "out of business". Please take a look at my email when you have a chance. The issues surrounding this company on the web are vast and extremely unlawful.

13th of Mar, 2007

UPDATE -

This is to update the complaints against Moving Kingdom also known and owned as Empire Relocation Service based out of Florida.

Items were delivered but company would only take cash. Because cash was not available they scheduled a redelivery date. Upon scheduling this date I was quoted yet another price for delivery.

All said and done this delivery was almost 2,000.00$ when the original delivery prices was exactly 711.00$.

Al is not the owner as he states, Henry is - who mysteriously also owns a LARGE variety of other *moving companies* you can research these at sunbiz.org.

All seemingly are housed under the Empire name.

ITEMS - mostly all broken damaged and destroyed. Antiques that have been in my family for almost 150- 200 years are scratched beyond repair. My great grandmothers bed from Ireland which has been featured on the television show - Antiques Roadshow and valued at over 15k$ was so deeply gouged chipped broken and marked, there is no way to repair it. Luckily these items we have personal insurance on, but can not remove the pain in our hearts. Our insurance company is also filing suit with several other agencies in the state of Florida for fraud.

The day our items were delivered - the Dept of Transportation showed up to "Al's" home/office regarding several complaints. Apparently people are beginning to take action.

I have several links and also the named insurance policy holder contact information for these two (same) companies. Please make sure you enter your email address correctly when contacting me as I have tried to email people back, but get an undeliverable due to wrong address.