United Metro Directories/Pinpoint Marketing / FRAUD

3521 N. California StPeoria, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-687-0758
This company, also called United Metro Works [protected] contacted us recently for advertising in regards to our Chamber of Commerce Map. The sales woman claimed that they were working for our local chamber and that we could get a larger ad this year for $295. Our company agreed and paid by credit card over the phone. When the proof the their work came in, we realized that this was in fact NOT the company that our local Chamber Works with. The tactic was misleading and their product is of a very poor quality. Our company received many inquiries from the other businesses that were also duped. In fact, one company has had their credit card used to purchase pizza in Illinois. When I contact the company requesting a refund. I'm connected with Jennifer and she always states that the owner's aren't in and she has to wait for them. The sales person repeatedly stated that this was the "Chamber Map" and that we would be the only Real Estate Firm on the map. They lied on both accounts and they can't even provide me with distribution points of the map/advertising. And lastly, the map is of such poor quality, that a consumer couldn't even use it to guide themselves around town. During one conversation, the manager Jennifer even stated that we've dismissed the sales representative for soliciting falsely... bah... what a joke.

We've repeatedly filed complaints with the local BBB and Jennifer will outright lie in her responses. We followed every rule that they put forward in regards to responding to the shoddy proof, to requesting a refund. This company has numerous complaints across the web against them. As everyone else, I only wish that I had "Googled" them before committing. Several local businesses were also "duped" and are working to get refunds. This horrible excuse for a map has never been sent to us, nor has it been delivered to any of the local business establishments...
De

Comments

Su
  9th of Jan, 2009
My attorney directed me to this web site after contacting him regarding an issue with Pin Point Marketing and "Jennifer". I have been attempting to obtain a $300 refund for over a year and I get a different song and dance every time I call. These people are BAD NEWS. Wish I knew a different way to affect them and I shall try. In my last conversation with her yesterday (1-7-09) I told her I could become her worst nightmare - hope I can! Sue Pittman, Broker/Owner SUE PITTMAN PROPERTIES, Hickory North Carolina.
Tg
  20th of Jun, 2009
I too was scammed by these crooks. Same Jennifer keeps giving me a story about sending my money back, and she never does. This lie cost me and my son $200 for a so called banner ad we were suppose to be doing together.
I have been waiting for 2 yrs. to find out what can be done. How can we keep reading all these complaints, almost with the same stories, and no one be able to do anything. This is America, Right?
If anyone knows what I can do, please drop me an e-mail. I am a realtor in WV. homes4selltamg@yahoo.com
Tammie Green