United Magazine Services / fraudulent collection

I have now received two very rude calls from "United Magazine Services" claiming I owe them for 17 outstanding payments for magazines I supposedly ordered back in June 2005. (I NEVER ordered these magazines and I certainly would never agree to pay $49.95 a month for magazines.) The second time they called I calmly got as much information from them as I could so that I could report them to the NY state attorney general's office. I encourage everyone who knows they are being harassed fraudulently by this company to do the same.

Li

Comments

• Lg
      6th of Jun, 2008
    United Magazine Services - illegal billing
    United Magazine Services
    Maine

They are claiming we have an overdue subscription from 2004 and threatening through collection agencies to take legal action. We've never received any notices or information on such a company. Nor have we ever received anything from them.

• Br
      27th of Aug, 2008

I got a call from them saying I also owed for 17 more payments for a total of over 800.00 plus interest it would be over 1200.00, but I could settle for 399.98. I also have never ordered anything like that and I also have never received any notification from them by mail. My guy used the namve William Fulton and gave a 1-800-938-2639 and a Better Business # 3931133. I looked all of this up and of course it was all make believe.
    They also used a Caller ID blocker that said Private Caller, which I found out is illegal. I also called the Attorney General and I hope they can catch them. They will probably just move and start a new scam.