United Investigations / Threatening phone call at work

I received a phone call at my work phone number from a very rude man with a deep accent telling me my SSN was being investigated. I kept asking what company he was calling for and he got very upset and said if I did not want to listen to what he said, he was going to send the police to my work (he had the address) and have me arrested. Then he hung up the phone, but continued to keep calling. I did not answer the phone. I got very scared but don't have any reason to be arrested. Just the fact that he called my work.

More United Investigations Complaints & Reviews

Comments

26th of Nov, 2010

I just got this same phone call (2 minutes ago) . He had my SSN, one of my bank account numbers and was very annoyed when I told him he was full of BS. l'd be contacting my lawyer and the authorites my state and in the state where he claimed to be. I am investigting the name of the company and this is the first post I came to.

4th of Dec, 2010

I have had alot of threatning phone calls to my cell and work that i will go to jail if i dont wire money to these guys that have a strong accent. They usually block there number but just a couple of nights ago they accidentally didnt block so please contact me and i will give you the number if you have gotten threatning calls from UNITED INVESTIGATIONS!!! Also ladies they are very perverted and guys they even asked my father if he was naked.

• Ba
      20th of Jan, 2011

These guys are criminals. Do they really believe that anyone is going to buy into them being some arm of the justice department where every single person has an indian accent? Also, the police don't call you with your social security number, they just come arrest you. LOL. These ppl probably got our info by hacking some website. The number they just called me from is: 412.790.0284

• Ta
      26th of Jan, 2011

OMG I just got a call from them today! As soon as I started asking questions and wanting details they just yelled at me to expect to go to jail tomorrow. IT was scary even though I knew I didn't do anything wrong, but they had all my info. Is there nothing we can do?

• Ka
      9th of Mar, 2011

OMG They have been calling me almost everyday leaving messages on my answering machine and my cell phone! I can barely even understand them! It comes across my called ID as some weird number.

• Do
      29th of Mar, 2011

We too have had the exact same thing happen. He knew my SSN place I work and live. He also threatened to have me arrested. We called the San Antonio police and they will hopefully be taking further action with the fraud dept. Maybe this is a good case to have our SSN changed with social security

• Ri
      30th of Mar, 2011

We too just got one of these call. The phone number for the call is 4122593173 and the person’s name was Mac He sounds like a Middle Eastern person. Same thing gave us my wife personal info to include work place and SSN# When I got on the phone with him he said F--- You and hung up. We have contacted our Police department and they are going to do an investigation. The scary part is that they had all of my wife’s personal info. Hope this gets to a lot of people. Ladies If you have a male around you have them take the call, they will hang up.

• La
      3rd of Oct, 2011

i have recently started getting phone calls from united investagations, they also have a thick accent and talk as though they are reading from a script. how does this stop? wondering how in the heck they get my private number

• La
      3rd of Oct, 2011

the number they call me from today is 701 786 1571

22nd of Nov, 2011

These people are ridiculous. I got 4 phone calls from some RUDE JERK with a very deep accent. Told me the same thing he told these people but would not read any information pertaining to me, my ssn, address anything, all he could tell me was my email address. He hung up on me when I told him I did not care what he is calling for. Then he called back and told the secretary that I am being investigated and asked for my supervisor. Really? these people are a joke. If the FEDS really wanted me they would not call, they would come and get me...point blank. The next phone call better be from Ronald McDonald...

• Me
      13th of Feb, 2012

I actually just got a voicemail from.what sounds like the same place. Freaked me out at first but my husband calmed me down and said it had to be a scam. They told me that if I dont call them back then they would come to my work and arrest me. I am not even going to call the number just going straight to the police.