United Financial / Fraud and scam

1 10200 Richmond Avenue, Suite 250,Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 770-873-8857

I was sent a four thousand dollar check with a letter stated that I won 57, 000 dollars. I called the number provided to check with the company, and a lady named Stephanie told me to cash the check and it would automatically be activated in there system. She stated once I cashed the check to mail the four thousand dollars back to them and they would issue my check in the amount of 57, 000 dollars. I did some research and found out it was a scam. When I called to confront the company, Stephanie answered again and hung up on me. Time and money was wasted running around to take care of this. I will turn the check into the police department on [protected] along with a copy of the paperwork.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      27th of May, 2010
    Mary
    Bakersfield
    California

They are rude, nasty, they call numerous times a day, in 5 min period called 15 times. Say they are with the Attorney General and Im going to jail. At one point he said f you lady.I requested to speak with supervisor, and of course he was the supervisor. told I was going to report to the BBB he called hang up over and over this went on. By the way his name is Richard.

• Kb
      25th of Feb, 2011
    United Financial - non payment
    Florida

We too were scammed by United Financial which has ruined our credit! We had been with them for about 2 1/2 yrs. For the first couple years our payments were mad in a timely fashion and then we started getting letters from our creditors stating they had not received payment even though it was being debited from our bank account. I contacted Untied Financial only to get the run around and nothing but lame excuses! They are holding about $1000 of our money that was never dispersed to our creditors. I wish I knew how to proceed with this situation. There needs to be a class action suit brought against this company! They have ruined our credit!!

• Ti
      14th of Apr, 2011
    Orlando
    Florida

United Financial should change their namr to United Financial Scam Artists

Back in early February, I applied for a loan through United Financial! Brooks Carter guaranteed that a loan was available and had me send documents to Natalie! I was told that for 30 days I would need to keep a minimum of $500 in my primary account! No problem! However, I was then told that since the type of loan I was applying for, I didn't need to keep the funds in my account but I had to send them $450 to cover the cost of applying for the loan! I was also told that I would have the loan within 2 to 3 weeks! At the end of the 3rd week, when I was able to get a hold of Brooks, he told me it would take 3 to 5 weeks and that he never said it was a guaranteed loan! The end of the 5th week came and went and still hadn't heard anything! Tried calling numerous times and after 5 rings, I was disconnected! I have tried repeatedly to send messages via UnitedFinancialEducation.com but have never had a reply!

16th of May, 2011
    United Financial

Tried selling business loans to me on my personal cell phone.Manager said his name was Mr.Williams.This is the second time in 2 weeks that I spoke to him.He said they only call business numbers so telemarketing laws do not apply to them.They are not required to have a Do Not Call policy he said.Why not????They keep calling a residential number.