United Family Circulation / Fraudulent magazine sales

1 Brookhaven areaNorman, OK, United States

2 very clean cut young men came to my door selling magazines to go to Spain with their soccer team for the national finals. One of them did all of the talking, very smooth, asked the same questions that I have seen posted, such as how many people do you have living here, how many kids, etc. Told me he was OCD and had the magazines highlighted in different colors and tried to sell me different sponsorships. Told me his Dad was a marine and that his Dad was pimping him out to do work and that he would come back and do work for a day, such as gardening, clean our garage, etc. for a full sponsorship. I had an uneasy feeling about them a few days later and checked my checking account the check had not cleared and I was going to stop payment on the check when I got home that evening. When I got home, my husband said have you seen the news, is this the name of the kids who sold you the magazine, I said yes, checked my account and the check had cleared. Would have cost me almost as much as the check to stop payment, but it was too late. The sad part is, I will never buy anything from anyone else at my door, due to these lame brains. What kind of people would teach kids to steal!?

Vl