United Consumers / Asking for credit card info with no information given

1 14205 Telegraph RdWoodbridge, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-551-4747

This company was collecting for a urgent care bill that was sent to a address i had not lived at for 2 years. I have received other bills from the same place at my current address so i'm sure what the problem is there.

Now, when the pushy collection agent (Jay Bond) called asking about this he verified the wrong address and said something would be sent out to the right one. This has been 2 weeks now and i still have nothing from them. They called me again on May 12 wanting a credit card # over the phone. I told them i have'nt received anything showing what the charges were or even where the services were provided. I told them in order for me to pay this i would need to see something showing the services rendered. They then proceed to tell me they "don't do this" whatever that means. I told them until i saw something from either the urgent care or them i was'nt going to give any credit card info over the phone to a stranger who can't even tell me what i'm paying for. I was then told i was going to have to pay service charges on top of this a bill that was sent to the wrong address almost 2 years ago. I then spoke to a supervisior trying to explain the sitiuation but she was more worried about collecting and said "if you paid your bills this woul'dnt happen". I've never had a bill not paid and this is the first collection agency that has ever called me. I asked to speak to her supervisior and was told "NO". I then asked for the e-mail of the supervisor and was told "NO" again. I finally got fed up with this and hung up.

As of May 13 at 10:00 pm i still have'nt received any thing in the mail from them. They said something was sent May 7. If that is true then the USPS are back to using the pony express. I just hope this helps other people in a similiar situation deal with these "snakes".

Mw

Comments

• Gw
      12th of Jun, 2009

They definitely seem more interested in collecting than resolving an issue. I received something from them saying that I owed money to a radiology company from a stay in the hospital last December. I contacted my insurance company about this and they indicated that it was denied because it was submitted with a date of service of 1/1/09 and I changed insurance carriers the first of the year. I have provided proof that the claim has a service date of 1/1/09 but when calling to confirm that they received a woman that I have never spoken to is now claiming that this is the unpaid part of a previous claim. I asked her to look at the paperwork that clearly shows two different claims, one dated 12/29 (that has been processed) and one dated 1/1/19 that was denied. I sent the paperwork both yesterday and again this morning and she is telling me that it is filed, she cannot access it and it was the wrong paperwork anyway. What a joke. I have never not paid a bill and this is extremely frustrating. I will attempt once more to provide the paperwork that she is requesting - after that they can deal with my lawyer.