United Benefits Advantage / Unauthorized Charges/Rude customer Service

1 IL, United States Review updated:

After purchasing an item online I received a call from UBA as they identified themselves. They were wanting to verify my address for shipping of my order. I verified it and they tried to sale me more items. I told them I was not interested. After the 4th call while I was at lunch with co workers I told her that I couldn't hear what she was selling but that I was not interested in purchasing anything. She proceeded to tell me that there was no purchase necessary and we ended the call. I checked my account this morning and there was a charge for 29.99. I called and the person who answered said that they couldn't help me because there was no account set up for me yet. I asked for a manager and was told I couldn't talk to one because they didn't have an account yet for me. I was told to call back in two days and they might beable to cancel my account then. I then asked about refunding my money that wasn't authorized and she said they couldn't do that. I kept asking for a manager or someone that could help me and the worker refused. I asked for the sales department and she refused to help me with that also. I at that point hung up and called back. The new person that helped me said they couldn't do anything because they didn't have an account for me yet. I asked her if I could speak with a manager and she put me on hold. She came back and said that the manager was looking into stopping my account and would try to refund my money. I was told to watch my account to see if it was actually done.

Comments

• Ke
      6th of Aug, 2009

The exact same thing happened today to me.

10th of Jan, 2012
    United Benefits Advantage - Don't give them your CC info!
    United Benefits Advantage

Don't believe them. All they need is just 4 last digits of your credit card to charge you for product you never ordered.