United Auto Credit / Harassment

1 FL, United States Review updated:

When I purchased my car, I was financed through United Auto Credit Corp. This was December 11, 2007. I have had nothing but problems since that time. I have been under constant harassment. They have even had the nerve to go to my sister's neighbors. How would they know me??? They said that if I am 1 day late they have the right to repo my car since there are no grace periods. They leave threatening messages on the phone, etc. This is the office in Tampa, FL. Before, it was with the Palm Harbor, FL office. They at least were willing to work with you and allowed you to make you payment before 30 days to make sure it was not reported to credit bureau.

I have learned my lesson & will NEVER finance anything else through them. I would rather walk first. Please people... do yourself a favor... do not do business with them.

Br

Comments

4th of Apr, 2008

I have a car loan through United Auto Credit and if you are a day late they harass you til they get a payment, they call everyday they even called people that I didn't give permission for them to call they come by your job they even came to my house, they don't realize it but that is really harassment. When they would call I would try to tell them when I would be in with a payment but they didn't want to hear it they got an attitude and told me it had to be in right then. They don't understand that things come up. I remember one time a had worked a double shift (2nd and 3rd) they called me that morning when I had gotten off and she basically told me that I had to drive all the way up there to make my payment it would have been about twenty-five miles on the highway with no sleep, that meant I was putting my life in danger. If I had of known they were like this I would have never gotten the car!

• Co
      13th of Jun, 2008

Ma'am, if you would simply read your contract you would clearly see that once you fall one day past due we have every legal right to invoke the default clause and repossess our vehicle. You cannot drive for free. You would not have to hear from us at all if you simply made your payment on time. We finance people with poor or no credit, so quite obviously having a grace period did not work for you. Keep in mind it is only when you fail to return phone calls and treat your account as an adult that we need to contact your references. If it bothers you that we contact them, I have a solution...MAKE YOUR PAYMENT ON OR BEFORE YOUR DUE DATE. Millions of americans do it everyday and when they can not, they call and ask for help...its simple. Be responsible.

• Te
      5th of Aug, 2008

How can they tell you one day after it is due they will come and get your car! They told me the same thing I said come get it. You everyone has a grace period they call my job and I have told them to stop calling me. I hate aUnited Auto Credit they are a nasty company to deal with. I give them what they give me. All lip just like they give me

• Sw
      10th of Aug, 2008

I HAVE A CAR THROUGH UNITED AUTO CREDIT AND EVERY MONTH MY CAR PAYMENT IS DUE THEY CALL ME AS IF I DID NOT KNOW THAT I DONT HAVE THE TITLE TO MY CAR N APRIL OF THIS YEAR I WENT INTO THE HOSPITAL WHICH I WORK THERE SO WHEN THEY CALLED MY JOB THEY TOLD THEM THINKING THEY WOULD STOP CALLING THAT I WAS HOSPITALIZED AND THEY CALLED MY ROOM LOOKING FOR ME I TOLD THE LADY I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR OVER 20 DAYS AND WHEN I GET OUT AND BETTER TO TAKE CARE OF MY BILLS THAT I WOULD PAY THEM MY PAYMENT WAS ONLY TEN DAYS LATE AND THAT WAS MY FIRST LATE PAYMENT IN 3 YEARS THEN DAVID FROM THE SARASOTA FL OFFICE CALLED MY MOM AND TOLD HER THAT SHE DIDNT RAISE ME RIGHT CAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO PAY MY BILLS ON TIME AND ONE OTHER TIME ETHEL CALLED AND TOLD MY FRIEND MY PAYMENT WAS LATE AND IT NEEDED TO BE THERE THAT DAY CAUSE IT WASNT IN TODAYS MAIL AND I WAS DUE THAT DAY AND I HAD SENT A WESTERN UNION PEOPLE PLEASE DONT USE THIS COMPANY I HAVE 7 PAYMENTS LEFT AND IM GOING TO TRAVEL THE HOUR IT TAKES TO GET TO THE SARASOTA OFFICE TO MAKE MY LAST PAYMENT CAUSE I WANT TO TELL THEM ALL WERE TO GO AND HOW TO GET THERE AND THEY BETTER HAVE MY TITLE READY I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN

• De
      10th of Oct, 2008

United Auto is full of a bunch of ###s who probably make less money than I do and they call acting like my payment is going into their pockets. Coming to people's jobs and homes is a bit much. That is just harassment all together.

• Go
      20th of Nov, 2008

I have had my car for 2 years now. I have never missed a payment, never been late on a payment until this month. I use the online bill pay through my bank. For some reason I guess with the holidays it was going to take and extra day to get the UACC, So I called them and let them know... No issues there.

The day my bill was due I got a call at 11am from UACC, I explained that I already called and said that it would eb there tomorrow and the online thing and all of that... no problem.

20 min later my boss walks up to me and says that he just got a call from my car company threatening to come repo my car... I called them back and they said it was a standard call when people dont answer there calls... but as stated earlier I had talked to someone. I explained this adn the ladies response was "Oh well, no harm done" Of coarse I was a little off set by her comment so I raised my voice and told her that they called MY BOSS and told him pretty much that I am a dead beat who dosent pay his car... she hung up on me.

3pm I get a call from a guy from UACC, he was a cool guy laid back, he asked about my payment... I went over the whole thing with him. I was calm and straight to the point and he was really nice about it. He apologized for any inconvienence and said that he would note the account to look for it tomorrow when the mail man gets there. (The check goes to a PO box... I didnt think about it at the time)

430pm I get another call from the origional lady who was rude to me about my boss... demanding I go to western union and wire them money... I hung up on her. She called me back and said she was sending out a tow truck... I hung up... a guy called me back yelling about how I was yelling ubsenities to the lady from before and how I was a horrible person... I hung up

945am the next day... same lady same attitude... demanding, tow truck bla bla bla... I hung up

11am new guy. started talkin to me like we were buddies adn how he knows how financial problems hit everyone, and it isnt my fault, and when can I pay... I explain how it should be there today, in the mail, when the mail man drops off... he gets a little agressive with his voice and tells me not to lie to him. I told him to go @#$! himself and hang up...

No more calls, no tow truck... I guess the mail got there...

These people are rude, they lie, and they attempt to make you feel like a horrible person... dont use them... ever.

26th of Sep, 2009

i want this business to burn on fire with everyone inside.