United Auto Credit Corporation / Gestapo tactics

This company doesn't even let you be 24 hours late they come to my work they hound me they call my boss! I wish I had never gotten involved with them they are not normal there is no grace period. This is still America, right? They never send me my receipts. And they have a guy that is a collector that is so rude. If they want to play with the big boys then this company needs to act like it! If they had a little compassion they might do better in the long run, stay away from them!

Va

Comments

• It
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Funny! See you agreed to the no grace period policy when UACC loaned you the money you requested to purchase your vehicle. Chances are you don't have a very stable credit history right? So yes UACC took a chance by loaning you the money in the 1st place. Secondly UACC will come to your home or your work when you are late but thats only at the very last straw. Perhaps you should try paying your bill on time or calling UACC back when they try to call you if you don't like the visits.

• Pa
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I deal with the harrassment from UACC...I made the mistake of allowing them as my finance company...Turns out they finance second chance credit and people with not so good credit..My credit is good! Even had One of their "managers" look at my file and tell me and i quote " You are not one of the typical losers we finance" " Your credit is good, normally we dont finance this big of a loan nor a person with credit such as yours..Usually we are for lower end credit" But that does not stop them from the harrassment...Since day one they have called me the day my payment is due...Now keep in mind i have paid off completely three cars in my time, from ford motor credit twice, and then a bank loan...Never have i dealt with such Unprofessional people. I have recently looked into filing a law suit and i am in the process of signing the papers with a lawyer to sue them over the harrassment of me, my mother and several other "References" that i was "required" to list for my loan ( i did find that odd when i bought my car, due to the fact i had never done that before...though this time i bought from a small dealer, because he had the car i was looking for.) The reason for the suit is as follows: Harrassment, disclosure of personal information up to and including financial information to other people about me. Harrassment of my personal references and family, harrassment to people not involved or listed as a contact, but because of caller id used their number to track me down and harrass them. If any of this has happened to you i HIGHLY ADVISE you to check out your state laws...(obviously this company failed to do so in the state of florida ) BY LAW in the state of florida...there IS a ten day grace period required UNLESS you sign a document waiving the right to a ten day grace...Your contract is the first place to look...Mine states NO mention of a NO GRACE PERIOD. It also states a Late fee which in my favor proves that they allow a grace in the eyes of the letter of the law. I am hoping when done with this i Will have at least made some changes in a company blind to laws and proper etiquette when dealing with the public. And for the person who posted the comment before mine...obviously you are an employee of UACC because that is the typical comment. By the way...UACC im sure is taking a chance on you by hiring you as an employee...i would like to see the background checks on the people they send to our houses at 10 pm at night...to harass us at the door..like they did me...when i was single and living alone...i would like to see the background checks on ALL employees that have access to my personal information.

• Ta
      30th of Oct, 2008

UACC it is a GESTAPO, if you don't pay on rigth time, you have to pray, They will call everyone, to find you, they don't care wich way you going to find a money, you have to pay on the due date. They drove my friends crazy, at my work to. That is no talk, even if you explain your financier situacion, like me single mom of 6 months old baby, lost a job, no money for nothing, they care? NO, do I have to rob????, well because of them, I will return my car to the dealer. I just have to say thanks UACC for all your patience on this days of very happy financier situacion all over the country.

• Ju
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I completely agree with all negative comments that have been posted especially with the gustapo comment. There is a law that has been violated on many occasions with UACC called the Fair Credit and Debt Act. There is an ammendment also. This explicitly states that no person can come to one's work for collection. I have been been reported with good credit and paying on time with my loan for the past 32 months. However, I have had "a branch manager" visit my place of employment and home the day after my payment was due. Not only that, but UACC failed on two occasions to simply check their night drop, and in turn haggled me for the entire day. I have sent ceritfied letters stating that they are not allowed to contact me at work or school and yet they continue. This is in direct violation of Texas state law mind you. Also, the so called "branch manager assured me that if I gave him a different contact or reference that his company would leave me alone at work and school. Did they? No way, in fact they continued and just lumped the new contact in with the harassment. They have left personal information of mine in public places that have been found by neighbors that stated, "this was in the street!" I have always wondered why (like any reputable company) they do not use the mail. I guess that would be asking too much seeing how it is federally regulated. I have had the worst experience with UACC and have even formed a protest group to pick in public forum in front of their office. What happened to INTEGRITY? I guess this company does not have an etics code or even company values because anything goes with UACC. Good luck to all.

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

Before your credit was ruined through no ones fault but your own, I'll bet you didn't answer those phone calls either.Bet you have a $500 cell phone and a flat panel TV too.If you have never heard of the finance co. before it's because you don't pay your bills

21st of Oct, 2009

UNITED AUTO CREDIT IS THE WORSE COMPANY I EVER DEAL WITH IN MY LIFE, THEY WILL CALL EVERYBODY THEY KNOW TO HAVE YOU PAY, THEY EVEN CONTACT MY EX-HUSBAND I HAVEN'T TALK TO IN 7 YEARS BECAUSE HE IS STILL SHOWING ON MY CREDIT REPORT AS MY HUSBAND. THEY CALL AT WORK AND WITH HARRASMENT TACTIC EVERYDAY.
    I WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT WITH THE BUSSINES BUREAU, THEY HAVE TO STOP AT ONE POINT.
    AFTER A BIG LAWSUIT THEY LEARN TO RESPECT PEOPLE, WHY INVOLVING MY FRIENDS?? AND BOTHER THEM TOO.
    THE WORST NIGHTMARE EVER.