United Auto Credit Corp. / harassment

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I too have been harassed and treated like a nobody from these jerks. I have had my car loan with this company for 4 1/2 years now. Back when I first got the loan, a lender for my boyfriend had put a freeze on our joint checking account. The day I found this out, I had already mailed a check for my car payment. I had immediately called them up and told them the situation. I had asked for them to contact me when the pyyment had arrived so that I can replace the check with a money order so it didnt bounce. Needless to say, they never did and not only did I have a bounced check with them, I also had to pay the returned check fee.

When I had called to complain about this, the gentleman I spoke to said he didnt recall such a conversation with me. From that point on they would not accept check payments from me.

And just recently, my car broke down, the engine blew. I called to let them know and see if there was anything that could be done other than get a new car. I was told "no" by three different people. I also informed them I will not be paying the months payment because I cant drive the car. I spoke to someone else who had informed me that they could loan the money for the repairs but tack on the money to my existing loan at the same % rate. Told them no thank you, they werent getting anymore than necessary from me.

During the month I refused to pay the payment. They called everone I had listed as a reference on my application when I was just one day late. After talking to 3 people in the office I told them I would send them a money order. They had asked me "Why dont you come in and pay in person, it is already late." At which time I blew up calling him an idiot because after 4 conversations with the same person he totally forgot that my car was inoperable. I have had to take a 45 minute bus ride very day to get to work to make the money to give to them.

Comments

• Jr
      12th of Feb, 2009

THIS COMPANY IS LOADED WITH ### WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN CALL AND HARRASS PEOPLE. I TOO HAVE A LOAN AND THEY ARE SO QUICK TO CALL IT SHOULD BE CRIMINAL.

• Jr
      12th of Feb, 2009

I HAVE CONTACTED MY ATTY. AND I AM LOOKING INTO THE POSSIBILITIES OF A HARRASSMENT CASE. THESE DIRT BAGS NEED TO LEARN

• Ro
      14th of Feb, 2009

united auto credit has some of the stupidest son of a ### ever to work for a company mainly those clowns in greensboro nc namely RHONDA, TJ, DORIAN, MISTY the day will come when those mf's probably will go out of business

• Fl
      25th of Feb, 2009

I was paying off my loan, last payment and I was soooo happy; then they took payments out of two of my accounts which left and overpayment on my loan account. Now I have to wait 21 until I receive a refund. It doesn't take 21 day for them to take my payment so why does it take 21 days for them to pay me.

• Kr
      16th of Oct, 2009

I hate United Auto Credit. I was 2 days late on a payment and they called me 3-4 times a day even at work to tell me that they were going to repo my car. I was in the damn hospital the prior week with meningitis. Do you think they gave a damn? No. I will never get another car loan from these ###s.!!!

• Te
      16th of Dec, 2009

United Auto Credit Corp is the most unprofessional company that I have ever dealt with, I assure you that I will never work with them again once my loan is paid off. We have had a loan with them since 2008, and everything was working out very well with the local office. We only had 1 time that we were late due to medical problems. But the local office worked with us to let that months payment go to the end of our loan. Then, our local office had to close, and that is when all of the problems began. Since it closed last year, every other month... we are given a NEW BILLING ADDRESS to send our payments. At 3rd address we had to send it to, they lost our payment with in their office and found it a MONTH after we sent the payment. IN THE MEANTIME... I had been harrased at home and at work about our account.
    We had to short a payment by $20 due to other expenses we've had to endure. We haD been harrassed everyday to get the money to them. They had also told us that with our next payment... we needED to MONEY GRAM them the money. SO... PAY EXTRA TO GET OUR PAYMENT TO ANOTHER LOCATION THAT MAY LOSE IT!!! NO WAY.
    Now we are on a 5th address to send it to, and the calls still come even before a payment is due. NO MORE MISSES NICE GIRL!!! CANT WAIT TIL THIS IS PAID OFF