United Associates/Scentura Creatons / United Associates

1 2960 Winnetka Ave N Ste. 212, Crystal, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 763-269-6004

This job is a scam! They are posting on craigslist with an offer of a management position running your own office. They don't tell you until your 1st full day that you will be selling perfume in parking lots or on street corners. They also offer a bonus if you take part in their friends and family sales pitch. There is NO bonus. They want you to drive them around in your vehicle without compensation for gas or mileage, to the worst neighborhoods in the twin cities. They tell you while in training you will receive meager wages, but they don't tell you that in order to get this money you have to sell the perfume and keep between $3 - $8. For compensation for helping in the office you get the offer a few free bottles of perfume to sell in which you get to keep the money. They change their number frequently so watch out!!

Comments

• Gi
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I completely disagree with this persons complaint. I am in the training and have been for only 60 days. At this present time I have made no less than $200-$300 each week. Not bad for training. Now you want to know what cracks me up about this complaint?? Number one there were some issues with our magick Jack phone so we had to change the number. Number two the girl that posted this complaint goes by the name of Lauri and never did anything while she was in training. That might be do to the fact that she was always drugged up!!! In fact it was to the point that people were pointing to her in the meetings because she couldnt keep her eyes open. We clearly tell everyone that drugs will not be tolerated and that drug addicts will never make it in our business!!! So you really should beware if you are reading this of who you are going to listen to.

• Co
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I seemed to have touched a nerve...btw mentioning a name is slander and is an actionable offense.

3rd of Dec, 2010

I don't know you "concerend" or "laurie" as "girlpower" called you. But I do know this business. I've been running a office now for over 2 years. I went through training where I was expected to learn the job of every person that I'd teach train and manage in my own office. From the ground up. I did. I learned the ins and outs of sales and mrkt for bussiness to business to parking lots to developing my own cliental. I did well! I had to learn how to teach and train new people on the ins and outs of sales. I did well. And I had to learn all of the office jobs. And I did. And throughout my training I made anywhere from $400-$800 a week and there were 3 or 4 weeks where i made over $1000. I did well. But as it is now I run a office. Which was the position I applied for. My managers, and every manager I've ever met were very up front with all aspects of the business.
    And the fact of the matter is if you we doing drugs and couldn't cut the training then it wasn't for you. Gives you no reason to trash a company. Everybody around here says over and over this isn't for everybody. I wish good things for you and hopefully these managers let it slide but posting slander and libel statements is illegal and you can be sued for up to $15, 000 for defamation. That's in writeing that we all sign. It's under the "code of ethics, conduct and policies".

• Un
      14th of Dec, 2010

THIS SO CALLED JOB OFFER IS A SCAM!! CONCERNED IS TELLING THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. GIRL POWER AND NEXT OBVIOUSLY ARE PART OF THE SCAM, BECAUSE THOSE ARE TWO COMMONLY USED STATEMENTS BY THE LIARS. I GAVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT BUT TO NO AVAIL. THEY ARE ALL LIARS AND GET DEFENSIVE WHEN YOU ASK QUESTIONS. I WENT THROUGH THE INTERVIEW PROCESS, ORIENTATION, AND FREAKY FRIDAY. IF I WAS HIRED AS A MANAGER THEN EXPLAIN WHY I HAD TO SELL CHEAP HORRIBLE PERFUME, AT LEAST 50 BOTTLES WORTH TO GET PROMOTED TO MANAGER?? UNITED ASSOCIATES ARE NOT ACCREDITED BY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY THEY ARE. THEY ARE REALLY SCENTURA CREATIONS, WHICH GET AN F RATING ACROSS THE BOARD!!!

17th of Dec, 2010

Hello again Mr. Sean Gadson. You really aren't very intellegent at all are you. You didn't even make it through orientation buddy. Yet alone a Freaky Friday. What is a Freaky Friday buddy? You're a big tough internet terrorist. Get some facts so I don't have to make you look so stupid.

Fact 1 Business has been around for over 36 years. If it were bad news don't you think someone would have figured that out already?
    Fact 2 Anyone that gets accepted can run their own office upon completion of thier learning program.
    Fact 3 You have to learn all aspects of the business from the ground up from every person that you teach train or manage in a office. From sales and marketing to training and leadership to managment and admin duties EVERYTHING!!!
    Fact 4 You'll make some money during your training. Which is a lot better then no money being unemployed.
    Fact 5 The business has created hundereds of managers that have made six figure incomes. As well as created a bunch of millionaires.

And what are you doing with your life?
    You are unemployed...

I'm giveing a oppertuinty to others same that was give to me. I have a incentive. I get a raise every office we open up. And I give that same opportunity to others. We are about to open two offices after the first of the year. And we've got another four or five right behind that. Lets compare our income the next six months buddy. ... BLOW OUT!!!

• Op
      18th of Dec, 2010

You guys are complete jerks!!! I was scheduled to start training this week and even after reading most of the stuff on the net about U.A. and Scentura, I was going to give it a shot and form my own opinion. However, I have come to realize that the things i've read about how you all attack the people who leave, or have an opinion that differs from yours, is ALL true. Its a red flag if you have people sign a waiver about posting slanderous statements, but isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing to the people who do not believe in your obvious bull ###. What you and members of your office are doing is slanderous against the people who have chosen to speak out against U.A. Referring to them by name in degrading statements is proof in itself...just saying.
    Needless to say, but, I have not signed any such agreement and will not be coming to orientation. I will also tell everyone I know about U.A. and tell them to steer clear of you and your lies.

18th of Dec, 2010

Every person in second interview signs one. And all you have to do to find out who it is is pay for a reverse IP. The interview last for over 2 hours to cover everything A-Z and in between. So anyone that has ever sat through a 2nd interview anywhere at any office across the country knows everything about the business.

I have no problem fireing back. I don't care if someone isn't intrested in the position we say over and over again this isn't for everyone. These weak internet terrorist don't post on these threads without intent to cause harm to individuals and business. Neither do I. Fair is fair. The difference is I know where I've been the last few years and I know where I'll be years and years from now. Not unemployed!! Thank You United!!!

Good luck in the unemployment line Ms. Opened eyes1

• Th
      19th of Dec, 2010

"united assoc. are thieves" (1) there is no scam (2) GirlPower is in the training. I know I trained her. She is going to be managing our Roseville location after the new year. If we were a scam why are we still in business? Because we are not. If we were a scam why is it that the actual people in the training get so outraged by ppl like you that they reply to your nonscense? If we were scamming them they would be jumping in your boat. But that is not the case!

"OpenedEyes1" I am sorry you did not stand up and make your own opinion after all. You would have found the truth is that we are a business family. We are not the bad guys but rather those being attacked by those that are negative about their lives. Those that dont have the confidence to do anything on their own. We have ppl sign a statement so that we can prosecute all of those on sites like this. Up to this point I havent read 1 post that was not false or inflammatory. Thats not just here thats anywhere. Ive been in this business for two years and have been reading and responding since I was in the training. I did make my own opinion and am glad that I did. You are lashing out at us for standing up for ourselves? Really you should look up slanderous. I know what it is because I went to school for it. Yes I have a degree.

We were not the first ones on here to post about the people that we interview. We have said nothing but the truth about those that have posted on here. Do you not think we have the right to stand up and speak the truth? The truth is the first person that posted on here was into drugs and made an ### of herself in front of everyone. She never showed up on time and had every excuse in the book for it. I would have been fine if she would have left and found something else. But to make it my fault for her leaving is not true. The truth is she didnt make it here because of herself not us. But the average person will blame everyone else for their short cummings and mistakes before they ever look at themselves. Sad but true. We arent looking for that kind of average person. I am sorry that this was not for you but dont talk about things you know anything about. You came in for 2 interviews you dont have the proper knowledge to speak about this subject. Move on.

• Th
      19th of Dec, 2010

You can visit us at www.fragrancesofthefuture.com our blog will be linked to it as well. Our blog is for our business family. You can read and see the truth not only from managers but also the trainees. Our blog is currently under construction and will be fully functional soon.

• Du
      6th of Jan, 2011

It seemed like a really legit deal at first. I'll admit I have never had to sign any waivers before and none as detailed as this one. One minute I am patting myself on the back for officially becoming an employee of united and then the next minute I am signing a waiver saying I am not really an employee. When I really started to lose interest was when I found out I would not be doing sales after my training was over; I would only be "managing" people. I like sales as well as their product so I did not understand why the sales would stop. One of the 'managers' saiI also did not appreciate how NOBODY once told me I would be soliciting on my first day of training in front of walmart, strip malls etc., If the company is so open and honest, why didn't they just tell me up front? Not only that, but I didnt even know what the hell was going on until we rolled up to some ghetto ### strip mall. Talk about a waste of time.

Good for you who have made this work I do not hate on single moms supporting their kids. But I am not happy about feeling pressured into having blind faith in a company that is not COMPLETELY upfront and honest with me from the start and who supposedly doesnt like to waste peoples time. I need SOME structure.

In no way shape or form am I discrediting this company, only sharing my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

• Du
      6th of Jan, 2011

I like it the only reason I am not doing it is because I got accepted into nursing school. It is crazy how fired up people are getting about this though, damn!

• Sc
      25th of Jan, 2011

I agree, I did go lke 3 days...no one would tell me I would go on the street selling perfume, and go on blind faith like somone stated above. I thought this would be a office manager position, not going out in the cold to sell some knock off perfume. This is a scam, because my friend who does real perfume sales, says these are fakes. "Whole-sale" I doubt it, these people are so upbeat, its creepy. Everyday it was " hey pretty lady" from everyone and thats how they pitch there perfume to women. No thanks, sure I've telemarketing, and office work, I rather do telemarketing than this.

• Cr
      28th of Jan, 2011

Hah. These people are complete ###. Interviewed with them today. The interviewer hit on me. Group interviews? Really guys? You have some poor woman sitting in an a hole in the wall interviewing impressionable college kids and you call yourselves legit ?

Just a word of advice, UA, your employees handling recruiting are flat out LYING to potential employees. In fact, one of them directly said that we would not be doing sales of any kind, but closer to secretary work. Really? Slanging perfume in the hood isn't sales? Do yourselves a favor. Get yourself a job that you won't be embarrassed to tell your kids about. Or at least one you can put on your resume when you're done living in a fantasy land. Not one that exploits people who genuinely need jobs. Disgusting company. Disgusting ethics. Not a surprise the BBB won't even touch you. This job is about as tacky as it gets.

30th of Jan, 2011

How did you interview if you're from Oxnard CA? Or is "crystalcandia" your stripper name?

Lets check out everyone's common sense here...

If you are a wholesale fragrance company what do you that company does?

• Fe
      8th of Feb, 2011

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• Da
      11th of Feb, 2011

"Fair is fair" is a saying the "manager" kept using during my second interview.

Nice try, "next."

• Ba
      25th of Apr, 2011

I went to the first and second interviews. Both were a complete joke. All I really have to contribute is to say that "United Associates" goes by "Executive Associates" in Minnesota. Running a search on that name is FAR less informative.