Comments

• St
      30th of Nov, 2010

Scentura has been around for ages, and a well known scam. Frankly, anybody who takes a "management" job after being interviewed with 12-30 other people at the same time is an idiot. There is no quick way to the top, and anybody who promises it to you is a crook

• Gi
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I have been in the training for 60 days and am in the process of securing my own office within the same company. During the training I made $200-$300 per week. I have not been scammed in anyway. In fact I am thankful that I ran into the ad and the managers that helped me get to where I am. BTW there is nothing wrong with group interview. In fact a lot of organizations and companies use them, especially when they are undergoing an expansion. It helps with time managmenet! BTW no one told you that you would get to the top quickly. Now I did but not everyone does. It depends how much effort you put in. I would tell you that you were obviously not cut out for the position but you shouldnt belittle everyone. Just because you werent doesnt mean that we all arent! This is not a scam in anyway shape or form. I was never asked to pay anything and I have been given everything at no cost. I am sorry its not for you but it sure as hell is for me.

• Na
      3rd of Dec, 2010

Don't believe anything that they say, they are ALL liars!! When they are found out they stay true to everything I have discovered and become really nasty and threaten whoever leaves. BEWARE!!

3rd of Dec, 2010

Look everybody we have interview experts on this blog!!

The fact is there is a oppertunity for anyone who takes advantage of it. Yes there is a 90 day training program. Where you learn all aspects of the business from the ground up. Shouldn't every good manager know the job of the people that they are managing. And oh by the way you do make a little money along the way. And where else is offering a full-time managment position starting at min 35, 000 with no experience no investment and you never have to buy anything?

Good luck internet terrorist beware of the 99 law. Your unemployment will run out soon.

• Ge
      14th of Dec, 2010

UNITED ASSOCIATES IS A SCAM. I WENT TROUGH THE TWO INTERVIEW PROCESS AND ONE DAY OF "ORIENTATION". LET ME TELL YOU FIRST HAND, WHAT THEY TELL YOU IS BOTH THE TRUTH AND A LIE. YEAH YOU BECOME A MANAGER, ONLY AFTER YOU SELL BAD PERFUME FOR MONTHS. THAT IS, IF YOU CAN GET PEOPLE TO BUY EAU DA PERFUME(STRONG CHEAP PERFUME). I WAS TOLD I WOULD BE MAKING 700 A WEEK SALARY ONCE MY TRAINING WAS DONE AND 300 A WEEK DURING TRAINING. THAT WAS TRUE...KIND OF. I COULD MAKE 200-300 A WEEK BUT I HAVE TO SELL THIS PERFUME. I SELL 50 BOTTLE I GET A PROMOTION. WHAT? A PROMOTION? I THOUGHT I WAS ALREADY HIRED TO BE A MANAGER? DURING MY "INTERVIEW", OH I PUT QUOTES CAUSE MY FIRST INTERVIEW WAS LIKE 10 MIN LONG AND MY SECOND WAS MOSTLY ABOUT LAUGHING AT LAME JOKES AND HEARING THIS DUDE SAY "BE OPTIMISTIC" A MILLION TIMES. SORRY, AT-ANY-RATE, THEY MENTIONED THAT UNITED ASSOCIATES WAS APART OF A MUCH LONGER COMPANY BUT NEVER, NOT ONCE MENTIONED THE NAME OF THAT COMPANY OR THE NAME OF THE CEO. SO AFTER TRAINING I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO ASK JUST A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THIS COMPANY. I ASK...WE'LL CALL HIM "J" WHAT THE NAME OF THE COMPANY THAT UNITED WAS APART OF AND HE SAID "WHAT?" FOLLOWED BY "WELL ALL THE OFFICES ARE PRIVATELY OWNED SO I DON'T GET WHAT YOU MEAN". I MEAN WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE COMPANY THAT WE'RE APART OF GUY THAT'S WHAT I MEAN. ANYWAY I FINALLY GET THE ANSWER, SCENTURA. AND I EVEN GOT HIM TO TELL ME THE OWNERS NAME, LARRY HAHN. OK SO I'M REALLY CONCERNED NOW. AM I GETTING SCAMMED? I DART OVER TO MY GIRLFRIENDS HOUSE CAUSE SHE LIVES CLOSER TO THE "TRAINING FACILITY"(THEY REALLY LIKED CALLING THE SMALL OFFICE THAT) AND I HOP ON HER COMPUTER. I FORGET THE NAME OF THE COMPANY SO I TYPE IN THE CEO'S NAME. THANK YOU GOOGLE FOR NEVER LYING TO ME. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO FINISH TYPING HIS NAME IN AND I GET SCAM, PYRAMID, FRAUD, LIE. THESE ARE WORDS I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE. THE BBB(BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU) RATES SCENTURA AS EITHER F OR NO RATING. I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE LEARNING VALUABLE SKILLS IN MANAGEMENT, BUT INSTEAD THEY WANT ME TO HUSTLE KNOCK OFF PERFUME. NO WONDER "J" WAS GETTING SO DEFENSE WHEN I WAS ASKING HIM SIMPLE QUESTIONS LIKE WHATS THE OWNERS NAME OR WHEN DO WE FILL OUT OR W-2 FORM. LOOK DON'T FALL FOR THIS. IF YOU DO BECOME A MANAGER YOU RUN YOUR OWN OFFICE, BUT YOUR NAME GOES ON THE LEASE AND SCENTURA FRONTS YOU THE MONEY TO GET STARTED. LETS SAY YOU GET $30, 000 TO OPEN AN OFFICE. YOU MAKE 36, 000 A YEAR FOR YOUR SALARY. IF YOU CAN'T MAKE MONEY SELLING THE FAKE PERFUME, HOW CAN YOU PAY BACK THE FRONTED 30 G'S? SCAM, BAM NO THANK YOU MAN. DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELF. THE TWO COMMENTS THAT ARE FOR UNITED ASSOCIATES PROBABLY WORK FOR THAT WACK COMPANY. IT'S NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. KEEP TRYING AND YOU'LL FIND A REAL JOB.

17th of Dec, 2010

Hello Mr. Sean Gadson. It's nice to see flakes do something productive with their lives. You are exactly the people we talk about. We say over and over and over "this position isn't for everyone" and we put it in writing that we don't have the time or resourses to work with anyone who is a quitter loser wimp flake or cry baby. I'm sorry you've never made over 11 dollars per hour. I'm sorry you're unemployed. And the fact is you're really unemployable.

You're just another internet terrorist who hides behind the computer moniter. I have a piece of paper with your signature that says anyone who makes or places a slanderous or libel statement against us that can be prooven untrue is liable to be sued in accoradance with U.S. and Minnesota laws protecting companies from false allegations.

Fact is over and over and over during the second interview we say upon completion of the learning program. We say over and over and over that the learning program is comprimised of three steps. Step 1 sales and mrkt Step 2 Teaching and Training Step 3 Management and Admin. We say you must be able to walk a mile in your peoples shoes. And that you must know the position of every person that you teach train and manage in your own office. But maybe you are one of those people I talk about with selective hearing. Or maybe they don't teach comprension so well in Michigan schools. That is were you went to High School. Or maybe and most likely you're just DUMB?? Who knows?

And just for your knowledge there is no fronting of the money. You never have to pay it back ever. There are no investments, no fees, and you never have to buy anything EVER!! Fact of the matter is there is a percentage of people out there just like you who will be negative and skeptical their entire lives. Which for you sucks cause you're only 27 so you've got another 50 plus years of it left. And then there are people like the managers around here who are looking for more and find it here. What we provide is a oppertunity with little education, little exp. no capital, no fees, and no investments of manageing your own office.

Everyone around here went through the training and did well. A verage manager trainee makes 300 plus a week. I've been in the business and made a ton of money. You wanna compare your last 3 years of income to mine? You'll loose!! So I appoligize that you're a blow-out, but hopefully you can get in the unemployment line. And hopefully you find that 10 or 12 dollar a hour job that's illuded you your whole life.

• Th
      19th of Dec, 2010

There will always be a certain percentage of negative people in the world, this is true, but luckily they have now made sites where you can all come together and have a party. Well you do know they say misery loves company, truer words have never been spoken.

Yes I am a manager for this company that you speak so badly of. Yes I went through training just like every other manager. In fact it took 61 days two years ago. Our company has never "fronted money" to anyone. It is given to you! Thats the bottom line.

Im glad to see "Sean a.k.a Gezzer" that you know everything after being in our office for a couple of hours total. Truth is they should be paying you the big bucks you could be the Einstein of our century. (1) our PARFUME (got that one wrong) is not cheap...proof is in the puddin..we have a 87% plus re-order rate. (2) To be so smart you sure do sound dumb (maybe its just my reading) Yes you are hired on as a manager, but you do have to show that you can in fact manage an office...You definitley have prooven a huge point for us in your writing... You came in for a 1st interview, 2nd interview, and orientation. During all of that time you were told that there are 3 parts to the training and you must show us that you know the in outs of every step in order to be a manager in one of our offices. You must know the sales and marketing (thats what your ppl do), you must know how to teach and train ppl (you can only handle so much yourself), and you must know all of the office jobs. This was clearly explained all three days. There are promotional levels in each step so that each person knows where they are at in the training. (Like a syllabus).

How do you think you would have done managing and office if we would have put you straight into the position from 2nd interview? You didnt listen the first three times we met you. Of all of the posts I like yours the best because you have proven the point that all of us managers (who have gone thru the training) try to make. The truth of the matter is that you can not walk off of the street in for an interview and be a successful manager for our company! You do have to learn a few things. Anyone who is successful will tell you that. Some just dont understand what it takes to be successful.

I will tell you this to all of those that read this site...beware of those that post on here...do not let them ruin things for you...if you can read this and stand up and have your own opinions we are looking for yous. The fact is that we are getting ready to open up 1 office in Roseville and 1 in Champlin once the new year comes. We are still going to be opening 10 more this next year. This is clearly mentioned on our website www.fragrancesofthefuture.com

I am a single mother of three and this is how I make a living. I manage and teach people. I have never been scamed and still in two years have never paid a penny to be here. Why is it that the majority that read this will only believe those that lie? Those that are negative? Those that are miserable and think they are doing their duty in making others feel the same way? I encourage you to read the facts (our site) and check out our blog. Our blog is still under construction but it is the daily activity of our business family.

• Th
      19th of Dec, 2010

www.fragrancesofthefuture.com
    www.fragrancesofthefuture.com/blog

• Te
      6th of Jan, 2011

United Associates on County Road 156 in Crystal Minnesota is a complete and utter scam! Dont fall in the trap!!!

• Mn
      16th of Jan, 2011

The "job" is a scam!! The only positive reviews on here are from employees! DO NOT "WORK" FOR THEM!

• Er
      18th of Jan, 2011

I recently had an interview with United after I responded to an ad for an office management position. The lady on the phone was very vague but I went in for the interview anyway. I went to the office and the appearance of the office is very unprofessional yet I gave it a try. The interview was really fast, almost too fast. The interviewer spent the time discussing the position very very vaguely and I immediately was able to tell that this was a position where I would be opening my own office and all of that. She asked me very few questions about myself and my experience which obviously leads me to believe that experience doesn't matter. I am not saying that this is a scam, because if it truly was, it wouldn't still be around. However, it is clear that they are looking to mass hire to have people do the dirty work for them. They need to market these positions appropriately and not hide behind a office management title and take advantage of eager unemployed professionals. I was offered the position, which is shocking since they hardly asked me anything. I just hope people take the opportunity fully knowing what they are getting into. Props to anyone who is successful, but this is not the position that they market it to be. Good luck!!

• Un
      21st of Jan, 2011

SCAM SCAM SCAM! You are never 'hired' on- you never sign a w-2. Basically, they have you out on the street corner in the frigid cold selling their so-called top designer brand perfume for FREE!!! Wow, what a great 'office management' position! A LEGITIMATE COMPANY WOULD HIRE YOU (hire you as in truly HIRE you, sign w-2's) AND PAY YOU FOR ANY TRAINING NECESSARY FOR THE POSITION. Obviously 'United' is a complete scam. Completely unprofessional. Desperately scamming people into 45-60 days of work for F-R-E-E! With no guarantees of an office. DONT DOOOOO IT!!! Go with your initial gut instinct about the place- because you are RIGHT.

21st of Jan, 2011

You blow-outs are all the same. You come here and are here less then 3 full days and think you know it all. It's funny how you outright lie to make yourselves feel better. Couple of questions for you blow-outs to answere??

1. Where is the scam? You are never asked for any fee, investment, and you never have to buy anything.
    2. You obviously don't listen well or take good notes because you'd hear us say you are not going to be a employee of our office you are applying for a management position in a new office. If it's not a management position then how come all of us are here? How come we just closed the deal on our first promotion in only 7 weeks of training. And we are about to close out 2 more in the next couple of weeks?
    3. Last I checked anyone that participates at ALL in the training makes money. So how are you working for free?
    4. Maybe instead of bashing us because we made it you should look into the mirror and ask yourself what have you done with your life. I know part of the answer is you are currently unemployed.

Yes you have to complete step 1 sales and marketing, yes you have to complete step 2 Teaching and Training, yes you have to complete step 3 managment and admin. And upon completion of your training you are guarenteed a office with no investment no fees and you never have to buy anything. And we put it in writing to protect you and us.

So blow-out keep being negative and broke while you wait in the unemployment line.

21st of Jan, 2011

And oh by the way sorry Ms. Maggie obviously you were one of those people we talk about that has a really good attitude for 3 hours or 3 days but really you're just negative.

And Ms. Shawna good luck with the new baby you are do in August right? Hopefully you can find the position that fits you best and can take care of your infant.

• So
      21st of Jan, 2011

@Next-everybody here gets it pal.. your company is great blah blah blah...now go [censored] yourself and move on...

• Dq
      30th of Jan, 2011

I just started with the company. I did my 2 interviews and my 2 days of orientation. I have already made money!! To succed you have to believe!! The ways to believe is by trying and learning. If you learn about the parfume/fragrances, and try as hard as you know how to try, you will succeed. I have learned in life that you have to work to get what you want. Don't give up till you try. I am 150% committed to this company!!
    Reenie

• Kc
      30th of Jan, 2011

@Next - If you were a legitimate company... I don't think getting online defending yourselves to others' OPINIONS would even be in your radar... just saying. You'd think the company would speak for itself and no defending would be necessary. Again, just saying.

• Sc
      4th of Feb, 2011

this place is a joke, i doubt they care if you have experience, office experience. I went there a toal of 3-4 days and i left because this place is pure BULL. I fell for there new scripting on craigslist yet again now twice again. TWICE!...luckily i remembered there such overly postive voices "HELLLO THIS IS BLAH BLAH FROM UNITED!" I hung up the second time. Im surpised they regonize my name my resume my number. Obiously not. IM NOT FREEZING MY ### AGAIN for that company fwith fake perfume, sorry PARFUME!

• Gi
      14th of Feb, 2011

I Actually stayed with United for over 30+ days and was talked to about opening an office in the hinckley area where "mom" was helping out. I was told that the program was "Show and Go" and I did just that. I was told that I could still move forward even without going "Out of town" in my opinion if you DONT go and stay and participate in the "afterhour 5:30" then you dont go any farther. I was older then the average so it made it more different but I did the "show and Go" and they didnt seal thier end of the deal. The communication between GP and JEZ is not very good. He was telling me one thing and she would tell me something else. I was driving 50 miles one way and really Believed in United but once I couldnt afford to drive newbies around anymore or because I was not producing 10 bottles a day they forget who you are and how hard you really tried. I always put all my effort into everything I do, even when I went out of my comfort zone to Lake st, Minneapolis and sold Parfume on the street. They still dont appreciate who you are. My opinion on United is if you have nothing else to do with your time and have money coming in and like to drink Tequila and get drunk. This is the Job for you. I was there to be a manager which I could do a hell of alot better then MOST of the people in training now. But thats not what they want. Thanks Cindie

• Mi
      16th of Feb, 2011

I think it is awfully funny that the posts trying to defend the company actually make the company look worse. You are trying to defend yourselves, and yet there are numerous spelling mistakes, name calling, sharing of former employees personal information, and even one threatens a former employee with a law suit. Just seems interesting that you are trying to make yourself look better and sound even more negative than the people who are trying to warn others about their experiences. But I guess thats just my opinion. I am supposed to come in for an interview with this company but the comments from the people who still work there are what has changed my mind. Now, I'm curious how many negative things you'll have to say about me.