United Airlines / Magazines for Miles

In September I order two subscriptions from United Airlines in return for some of my unused miles - The Wall Street Journal and The Economist. I got email receipts for each and was told delivery would start in a couple of months. Delivery never came. I sent at least three emails for each to the address provided on the receipts and never got a response. In around February I finally got a response that someone would "look into it" but again, nothing happened. Finally in April someone responded when I replied to a new request that I use miles for magazines that I had never received the last ones I ordered. This time the person did discover two things that were not revealed to me before this point in time - the WSJ was never started because I had had a prior subscription paid with miles (no indication in their description or my receipt that this would be a problem) and The Economist never showed up because it was an online subscription, not a paper copy (again, no indication of this anywhere I could find). So I'm out miles which I probably would never have been able to use and unhappy not to have my subscriptions since there seems to be not much else to do with these miles.

Ka
May 14, 2015

Comments

Ze
  6th of Oct, 2011
United Airlines - Refund
United airlines
boston

It has been a year and we couldn't still get our refund from United states. They said that the refund will be done in 7 business days and it has been 1 year!!! I don't know what happened because we are calling calling and calling, and no one answers for months! I will recommend everyone not to fly with them!

Ar
  8th of Nov, 2014
United Airlines - EARNED MILES USEAGE
AREMIA
BRASSCHAAT
Belgium

HAVE TRIED A NUMBER OF TIMES TO ARRANGE INTERCONTINENTAL 1 ST CLASS FLIGHTS W/ UNITED AS CARRIER. FLIGHTS ARE NEVER AVAILABLE WEEKS EVEN MONTHS OUT

WHAT USE ARE THE THOUSANDS OF STAR ALLIANCE EARNED MILES???????????? EDAREMIA@HOTMAIL.COM

Lo
  28th of Jan, 2017

Does anyone have a phone number to call united mags for miles to cancel subscriptions? Thank you