United Airlines / Overcharged Ticket Change
My friend and I purchased round-trip tickets from SEA to HOU and back. While in Houstson, we both looked into changing our filghts to return early. In doing so, the agent/s (made 2 seperate calls), both stated there were no additional chages and that we actually would receive a credit of just over $40. The agent I specifically spoke with asked if I would like the "credit" refunded to the original card or given in the form of a voucher. I requested that it be placed back on my friend's card.
On the morning of my return flight, I attempted to check in early and found out that they only changed the time of my flight and not the date. I quickly called and had that fixed and was told I would receive an additional credit of $20 since the new flight was cheaper.
After arriving back in Seattle, I come to find out we were both charged ticket change fees of $600 each totalling in over $1, 200!!! After filing a request for a refund with detailed information, they are refusing any sort of refund and state that we are responsible for the cost. Mind you, our original roundtrip tickets were just over $300 each. How can it turn from $300 to $900. Crazy if you ask me. Neither of us would have changed our flights if it was more than $100 each.
After responding to their refusal email where they stated we could request that they give us a call, they still have not called or replied via email. HELP!
More United Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- United Air Care - unfinished work and hard-sell tactics 
- United Air Care - air duct cleaning 
- United Airlines - Delayed baggage 
- United Air Care - Unfinished work 
- United Airlines - Rude and Abusive Flight Attendants 
- Continental Airlines - Rude Svc Mgr and inflexible change fee
- United Airlines - Cancellation
- United Airlines - inconsiderate Flight Attendant 
- United Airlines - Poor customer service and harassing phone calls 
- United Airlines - will not refund mistaken fee