United Airlines / Overcharged Ticket Change

United States Review updated:

My friend and I purchased round-trip tickets from SEA to HOU and back. While in Houstson, we both looked into changing our filghts to return early. In doing so, the agent/s (made 2 seperate calls), both stated there were no additional chages and that we actually would receive a credit of just over $40. The agent I specifically spoke with asked if I would like the "credit" refunded to the original card or given in the form of a voucher. I requested that it be placed back on my friend's card.

On the morning of my return flight, I attempted to check in early and found out that they only changed the time of my flight and not the date. I quickly called and had that fixed and was told I would receive an additional credit of $20 since the new flight was cheaper.

After arriving back in Seattle, I come to find out we were both charged ticket change fees of $600 each totalling in over $1, 200!!! After filing a request for a refund with detailed information, they are refusing any sort of refund and state that we are responsible for the cost. Mind you, our original roundtrip tickets were just over $300 each. How can it turn from $300 to $900. Crazy if you ask me. Neither of us would have changed our flights if it was more than $100 each.

After responding to their refusal email where they stated we could request that they give us a call, they still have not called or replied via email. HELP!

Comments

• De
      Jul 14, 2011

I neglected to mention that our credit card company is refusing to do anything as well. They state that since we gave the airline our card information, they have every right to make any sort of charge regardless of the situation.

Jul 14, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. Any suggestions on how to handle this with the airline or do you think we are at a total loss?

Jul 14, 2011

Tried. They are the ones that denied the refund request :(

• Js
      Apr 24, 2012

I was over charged on 3 tickets and I am waiting for an adjustment

• Js
      Apr 24, 2012

I was over charged on flight and waiting for an adjustment