Unisex Beauty Salon / Terrible service

1 1803, Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY, 1129Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: (718)339-2226

On February, 10, 2009 I was in "Unisex Beauty Salon", address: 1803, Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY, 1129.
Service was terrible. I made an appointment for 12 p.m. I was in time. My hair was washed. But Master Galina took a client ahead of me because he was her friend, although I was signed before. I was seating with wet hair for 25 minutes in a very cold room. There are not chairs for clients to seat in the salon at all. I had to seat just close to another master and other client’s hair dropped on me. Masters discussed and gossiped about their clients, which just left the salon. After 25 minutes the Master named Galina started to make my hair cut. She did not allow me to explain what kind of hair cut I want to have. She was rude, argued and contradicted with any word, which I tried to say. All other masters were listening to these arguments and were laughing! I felt like I was a stupid girl. It was terrible situation. I left the salon in tears and I never had something so awful in my life! I make this complain. I 'll tell anybody about the service there to warn my friend about avoiding to visit it.

Comments

11th of Feb, 2009

Sounds like you have some valid complaints. Here is a better way to express them:

The service was terrible. I made an appointment for 12 p.m. and I was on time. First my hair was washed. But Galina took a client ahead of me because she was a friend of hers, although I had signed in ahead of her. I was sitting with wet hair for 25 minutes in a very cold room. There was no proper chair for me while I was waiting. I had to sit very close to another stylist whose client’s hair dropped on me. The stylist's discussed and gossiped about their clients, which had recently left the salon. After 25 minutes the stylist named Galina started to work on my hair cut. She did not allow me to explain what kind of hair cut I wanted. She was rude, argued and contradicted everything that I tried to say. All of the other stylists were listening to us arguing and were laughing! It made me feel very stupid. It was a terrible situation. I left the salon in tears because it was the worst experience in my life! These are my complaints. I'll tell everybody about the poor service there and warn all my friend that they should avoid the "Unisex Beauty Salon".

If your verbal skills are like your writing skills this may have contributed to the poor service and lack of respect you received. While this in no way condones their behavior I find you can always get farther in life with the ability to communicate properly. If it had been me I probably would have left long before anyone came near me with a pair of scissors.

Good for you though for sharing the bad experience hopefully it will keep others from encountering the same type of thing.

• Nn
      14th of Mar, 2016

I am in complete agreement with this text. This is probably one of the worst hair salons I have been to; I am a high school student and asked for an ombre dye job. While I did not expect the results to come out exactly as the picture I showed, I expected decent service. Not only was my hair stylist going out to smoke every time she finished with applying a part of the dye to my hair, the application was messy, ruined my hair, and made it disgustingly patchy. The top of my head had yellow dye in it, the middle had the same color as my original hair, and the bottom of my hair looked like it had been simply dip dyed in bleach. My hair is also very long (below waist length) and so the hair stylist told me to dry it by myself while she worked on other clients. People come and go, there appears to be no appointments and the services are unprofessional. This business is better suited for more mature women with short hair, as they clearly do not understand how to handle anything below shoulder level.