Union Workers Credit Services / credit card scam

1 1327 Empire Central, Ste 130Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

This company is offering my mother-in-law a preapproved credit card if she will just send them a check for $37. Obviously this is a scam, because she died more than a year ago. If they really had done a check, they would have discovered that.

Ta

Comments

• Bl
      19th of Feb, 2010

thanks to this web you protected me i was about to send my 37.00 but as i read the letter i thought i better check on line
    because there was no phone number on letter most credit card pre approvals let you call and activate over phone
    BE AWARE of this scam i wonder how they are getting names and addresses for their scams thjs info should be protected by
    post offices to random send a letter to occupant is one thing but to have name of person something is odd about that
    thank you eveyone for your complaints you protected me
    bling123 of tampa florida

• Br
      21st of Apr, 2010

i also would like to thank you because i was also going to send them my money i am in a union and i thought it was from them so once again thank you

22nd of Jun, 2010

Like so many people, I recieved a Platinum Card Activation Form, by 'Union Workers Credit Services', informing me that I have been identified and pre-approved for a platinum card membership from Union Workers Credit Services.
    My eyes and mind are still in good enough shape to read the fine print, which obviously states it's partial intention...if you people bother to READ the fine print...down at the bottom of the letter it reads as such...

"You have been approved for this platinum card membership offer because you satisfied certain consumer criteria. Visa and Mastercard are registered trademarks of Visa International and Mastercard, Inc. respectively, and are UNAFFILIATED with this offer or UWCS".

...now get this very important part of the fine print...

"Credit amount referenced herein shall NOT be construed to function as any multi-purpose credit card and is exclusively applicable for credit purchases from UWCS. Additional credit may be granted in the future at credit providers sole discretion. Failure to respond by expiration date will result in termination of your eligibility"

Basically, if you read the fine print it tells you exactly what you need to know to make a partially informed decision. If you have a computer and do a search, you will find that they have a web site, but that they only tell you about the products they offer, it's set up to look pretty legit, but they don't show you any pictures. When I tried to window shop their site and wasn't allowed to see the products I knew I was better off shredding the letter and thanking my lucky stars for being smarter then all that.
    There seems to be a lot of people who are in such a hurry to get something for nothing that they leave their wits at the way side and then end up getting screwed. That seems to be the way of it in our society.

• Dr
      4th of Aug, 2010

I received a letter pre-approving me for $10, 000.00 platinum credit card with an APR of 5%...only costing $37.00 membership fee which would be refunded on my first purchase with this card! Thank you for others reporting this scam as I would have been suckered into it, too!!! These companies should be fined heavily and sent out of our country...FOREVER!!! Let's put them all on an island together where they can all abuse each other! Enough already!

• To
      13th of Aug, 2010

I also got the letter in july and sent in my 37.00 dollars That really sucks I got ripped off too. They can eat [censor] and die!! Choke on my balls and [censor] Union Workers Credit Servive.

6th of Oct, 2010

Anytime someone is asking for money up front to open a credit card, it is definitely a scam. No disclosures on the back and it just adds to the certainty. Then, throw in that it is not a Visa or Mastercard and youv'e sealed the deal. Don't fall for this scam. Thankfully I checked it out here and verified my suspicion.

• Mi
      13th of Nov, 2010

I'm disabeled and have to live on a fixed income. It's shocking to think that the legal forces cant track these people down. I am greatful for the people who voiced their comments on the net. $37 has to go a long way for me. I had hopes of having a nice Christmas, and this would have made it possible. It's dissapointing. Thanks to you guys I'll at least have $37 and the good old dollar store. It's not much, but it's better than losing $37 from my limited budget.
    Have a nice Christmas
    God Bless

• Ro
      8th of Jun, 2011

I knew this was a scam when I first read it. You pay them $37.00 for nothing!! I called the BBB, and they told me they had numerous complaints about this company. IT IS A TOTAL RIPOFF!!!