Union Telecom / Long Distance / FRAUD

MIAMI BEACHFLORIDA, NY, United States Review updated:
4.15
Phone: 1800 594 8493

THIS COPMANY IS FRAUD TRYING TO RIP OF THE CUSTOMERS CHARGING THEIR CREDIT CARDS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT SELLING FAKE LONG DISTANCE PLANS SAME THING THEY DID WITH ME.
I AM SEEKING THE LEGAL HELP AND ASKING THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS TO INVESTIGATE THE MATTER. A FORMAL CMOPLANINT IS BEING FILED TO CONCERNED DEPARTMENTS AND FBI.
An

Comments

Fr
  30th of Aug, 2008
Indian customers are miserable, they complain all the time about every charge the have, they use service and then they dont want to pay. THE MOST IMPORTANT THEY HATE PAYING TAXES EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW THAT IS A MUST WHEN U LIVE IN USA. BAD RECORD FOR THEM, THEY ARE NERVOUS, THEY LIKE YELLING AT THE PEOPLE, THEY SAY LATIN PEOPLE SPEAK MEXICAN NOT SPANISH. unfortunatly they have to call their country and UT only charges 3 cents tne minute. sorry indians u like fraud
Ba
  18th of Nov, 2008
I do not agree with Frida Holler. It is totally rubbish. The UNION TELECOM company is definitely a fraud. They are charging totally wrong duration for the call. I have noted down all my calls which I made using their 1-800.. no. and when I got the invoice, the duration of the calls are all too high. For. Eg.: a 25min. call was recorded and charged as 44 min. I am not talking about the duration after connection or anything, this is the time calculated immediately after dialing the 1-800... no. and till end of that call. This was true in all the calls. Now, regarding the TAX, Not just Indians, I have seen many other nationals have this issue. This is not a nationality issue. It is something individual to individual. There is a reason to be angry with the Union Telecom since their taxes and other charges are around 35%. I do not see a 35% tax is reasonable to see. Anyway, the UNION TELECOM is a total fraud in my experiance
Ra
  30th of Nov, 2008
its a bad company
Ru
  22nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
A dumbass telemarketer calls me from Union Telecom and he refuses to give his number and name?! WTF.. And he was extremely offensive and called me rude?! I didnt even say anything other than the fact that he shouldnt be calling me because My number is on the Do not call list. How is that rude? its not rude for him to tell me to shut up but its rude for me to say that? THE WORST COMPANY EVER!! And the RUDEST Telemarketer i've ever came across to. He even hung up on me.
Lb
  8th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
On January 9, 2009, I received a phone call from a representative from Union Telecom. This person offered me a calling card service that I decided to accept. In order to subscribe to the service I was required to give them my bank debit card number so they could withdraw a deposit of $39.50. I was told that if I did not like this service, all I had to do was to cancel it and I will get my entire deposit back. They indeed withdrew $39.50 from my account on that day. On January 15, I decided to cancel the service because I realized that it was not worth it since I already have a better deal with my phone company. I called Union Telecom and cancelled my account, and after they verified that I did not use their service at all, I was told that it will take them about 3-4 weeks to process my request and deposit the money back into my bank account. I called them back on February 24, because they had not yet deposited the money. This time they said, that they will give me back the money on that same week. In March I called them back to ask about the money and they claimed they changed their policy and now they do not give cash back, instead they give a $50 calling card. With this card I will be paying 6 cents/minute (the original rate when I signed up was 1 cent/min) while with my phone company I only paid 1 cent/ minute. They are not respecting the original contract where they told me that the deposit was 100% refundable. UNION TELECOM IS A FRAUD!!! Do not do business with them.
Bo
  26th of Oct, 2009
Union Telecom is a fraud outfit. They charged my account with almost $1900 worth of charges, almost all of them to countries that speak Arabic languages. Libya, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, etc. This was all dismissed in 2007 as they indicated that they recognized that those were fraudulent charges. They also, I believe, sold my credit card number to someone just outside Vancouver, BC, where they charged thousands to my card. The card company gave me a new card with a new number and I picked out the legitimate charges and I paid them. This was all in 2007 and all of that was behind me, I thought. Now they turned the phone bill that was resolved years ago over to a collection company, and they call me all hours of the night and write me threatening letter in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish. Like most Americans that were born in the USA, I only speak English, and I do a fine job of that. The collection company out of St. Paul calls me at 2am, 3am and 4am asking for their money, but frankly they, too, don't really speak English, so it takes a while for me to figure out what the heck they are talking about. I could use some sleep and one of these days someone in my situation will be going "postal" in St. Paul. I'll be looking for the article in a newspaper or TV story.

Union Telecom has three phone numbers associated with those charges. None are familiar to me. They had no problem giving them to me. One was in Michigan, one in Illinois, and the other in Virginia. I called all of them but got recorded messages from answering machines that sounded like Americans. Union Telecom needs to be plowed under.
Co
  23rd of Nov, 2009
The company is Fraud, no dout. They charged more than 1000 minuits for 100 minitues calls. the charged my credit card for more than $192 for calls I never made, the credit card was givin to the company to pay for the depoist of $39.5 which they use in case if I am late for a month payment . Instead of cancelling my account as I requested and charge my depost the last month bill of $5.85, they charge the credit card after 4 months for $192. and asked me to pay the late month bill of $5 in order of me to receive my deposit. It is scam and fraud and mafia and they should not be in buisness.
Se
  15th of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS MOTHER###ING COMPANY IT IS A GRABAGE PIECE OF ### WHO WILL ROBB YOUR MONEY BY USING UR CREDIT CARD AND TAKING UR MONEY, AND THEY GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO OTHER COMPAIES THE SAME PIECE OF ### LIKE THEM SO THEY CAN ALSO USE YOUR CARD AND TAKE MONEY AND MAKE UP BILLS THIS COMPANY IS CALLED ( NEW ERA TELECOM)
BE CAREFULL AND I HOPE SOMEONE TAKE THIS COMPANY DOWN.
Un
  8th of Mar, 2010
This is really a fraud company. Same story but hope this comments will help new innocent people.

(1) I am from Canada, I have never given my credit card to any of US company or friends. After joinning this company I have provided my account details to charge $ 40 as deposite. With in 3 months I found there is e-bay purchase from my account and on contacting Bank, they found that the e-bay purchase was done in US and luckily e-bay policy is they will not use Canada credit card for US Purchase and hence they agreed that it was fraud as my card is Canadian card and immeidately cancell my credit card and credited $ 300 to my account.

Immediately I called Union and requested to cancell my account.

(2) Since Jan 2009, they have not paid depoiste $40 back to me. Everytime they said yes we will send you cheque in a week time call us if you do not received and that week is never came in last 60 weeks.

I don't know what to say to this company? People have realdy said all the possible bad words but by keeping bad words in this type of post will shows frustration but what will be impact to company or to new inocent people??
Sh
  13th of May, 2010
I have the same experience from this company. They are fraud. I was told that they will credit my deposit whenever I close my account. But they are mean. They don't return phone calls when I called them there people are very rude and they gave me 1888-438-6401 number and use 10 digits pin. I will have 300 minutes for $40.00 dollar deposirt. I think this company should be closed as soon as possible. They are the bad name for India.

Better business Bureau should look into it and we shluld get our money back.
An
  29th of Apr, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
### UNION TELECOM! SOMEDAY THEY'LL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE TRUST ME GUYS!

Union Telecom Logo Union Telecom