Unified Window Systems, Inc. / Caused water leak

Unified Window Systems, Inc. in NY caused a water leak/damage because they failed to caulk the window they installed. It was a simple oversight but when I asked them to pay for the paint so I could repair/paint over the water damage, they simply read me their contract which stated, “if a leak is not reported immediately the contractor will only be responsible to stop a leak in our product”. It was reported immediately when it rained and I saw the leak, what is their liability then? Why should I have to pay to fix the damage they caused by poor workmanship. They responded quickly, but then to say, it's not their responsibility, that's not right.

Ro

Comments

• Bo
      19th of Dec, 2011

BUYER BEWARE!! Signed contract for two doors and two windows in August... now its December and Im still dealing with these fools. At first, they did an ok job. As of 11/12 there was a couple of items outstanding. Now its 12/1 and they still havent completed the job. Stay away from these guys... far, far away! Both "general managers" are nasty when you ask them to complete a job in accordance with the signed agreement. If you go with them, hold the check until EVERYTHING is done...If not... It will NEVER get done.

• Ba
      29th of Jun, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FROM THE START!!! I SPENT $2743.00 FOR 2 DOORS AND 4 BASEMENT WINDOWS ONLY TO HAVE A MAJOR LEAK FROM ONE OF THE WINDOWS WHICH FLOODED MY BASEMENT NUMEROUS TIMES AND THEN THE SUPERVISOR "VISH" VIA PHONE TOLD BE THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY ADDITIONAL MONEY TO CORRECT THEIR WORK. VERY RUDE AND INCOMPETENT EMPLOYEES.