Unified Services / Global Service / Harassing calls!

United States Review updated:
Over the past 2 months I have had Unified services call me 4 or 5 times a day everyday and it always shows up 'unknown'. Finally I answered the phone and apparently I had entered a contest and won a $5000 shopping spree and an interest free visa check card. I didn't know then what I know now so I gave them my information. Well today they called me back and told me the same exact thing but I need to pay the one time fee or $190.90 and the shipping costs of 45.95. I asked what company they are working for and they told me global services. I am assuming that they are the same company because they had the same exact accent and the same everything. It was so quick that he didn't even let me say no and he hung up... I am sooo lost now he has my bank account number and everything...i am going to go close my account before they take the money out of my account. I would really appreciate it if someone could talk to me about this and help me understand why someone would do this to someone else.

N  28th of Aug, 2007 by

We found your complaint against our company posted on https://www.complaintsboard.com.

Our company offers a free 3 day 2 night hotel stay and a complimentary Internet shopping spree. Additionally, we offer 10-day trials for three other services; long distance, internet and a weight loss supplement, which are also available to our customers.

Our trial offers are of exceptional quality and value. Our long distance program; Call USA is a calling card that can be used from any touchtone telephone. We offer unlimited calling anywhere in the United States and International calling to over 70 countries. Our service is a one-of-a-kind and is offered for only $23.97 a month.

The 2nd program we offer is for Internet service. Online Advantage offers unlimited high-speed dial-up Internet access to over 10,000 locations nationwide (great for traveling). We have one of the most competitive prices on the market at only $17.99 a month with no contract, so you can cancel when you like.

Our last program is for a dietary weight loss supplement called Ultra Thermo Boost 2000. Our product contains the safe natural weight loss ingredient, Hoodia. Our trial includes 20 pills which is a 10-day supply, absolutely free.

Each of our orders are recorded by a third-party verification company. We verify that each order is valid and that the customer did in fact agree to each trial. Additionally, when our customers agree to the trials, they are provided with each of the customer service numbers with which to cancel should they choose to do so before the end of their 10-day trial as not to be charged.

The only reason why a customer would be debited is because they failed to cancel in the allotted trial time period. I tried to locate an account for you in our database and was unable to find anything. I don’t think your account will be charged since you don’t have an account with us.

If you find that we have made an error and you have been charged, please let me know at the address listed below and we will issue you a full refund.

Our customer service center is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Over 90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 minutes. If you have any further questions or concerns please e-mail me at the address below.

Quality Control