Unified Services / Verizon is giving out phone numbers!

I received a call from John from Unified Services telling me the same thing everyone else has been saying. $1.95 for 1000 dollar shopping spree and a vacation. This is definitely a scam, I am glad I found this site. The point of this blog is to ask people if they are also Verizon customers. I noticed a few other complaints which were either customers or cell phone users of this company. If, in fact, most people are their customers the complaints should lie solely with Verizon, for it might be that they are selling our phone numbers. If you are a Verizon customer please comment on this blog. If this is the case I will go after Verizon, since I believe there is not much we can do about a company in India. But there is much we can do about an American Company selling phone numbers to scam artist company's across the world.

Comments

• Al
      30th of Mar, 2007

Took 149.80 from my account for phone services and internet services i do not have. Be careful!

2nd of Apr, 2007

I also was charged for the same amount of 149.80 to my account for services I didn't have or receive, as well, for phone and internet charges tool. Does anyone know where they are located? I need to find out that as well as their website, if they have any.... I had to put a fraud alert on my account and spoke to the police. I intend to take it to the attorney general as well. (Indiana)

2nd of Apr, 2007

I got a letter from them today. I suggest you contact your attorney general in your area and file a complaint. Here's their address:

5940 South Rainbow Blvd., Suite 2007
    Las Vegas, NV 89118

And put a fraud alert on your account, so they can't take any more money out of it, until you have the money back then close your account and open a new one.

• La
      2nd of Apr, 2007

That's great info. Do you have a number for them? Did you ever get your money back?

• La
      2nd of Apr, 2007

Unified Services - I was fruaded too for the same amount!

• Ev
      6th of Apr, 2007

Same here. They called me up and said that all I had to pay was $1.99. Next thing I know, I was charged for the same amount you mentioned: $149.80. And when I called them they claimed that it was for the "prize package" that they sent me which consisted of a $1,000 online gift certificate which I never used because it required my credit card information, a "3 day vacation" which sounds too good to be true and a sample bottle of thermoboost or whatever.

Anyway, I sent them a letter request a refund and cancellation of my "accounts" and they sent me a reply stating that I "agreed" to pay that amount and denying my refund request.

• He
      6th of Apr, 2007

One guy from nified has been calling me for the past two weeks about my "account". He said I had been qualified for a prize package. The first couple of times I was pretty busy to discuss it, so I asked him to call me back. I started having a bad feeling when I realized how determined he was to contact me and offer me a prize for "free". Anyway, he called me a few minutes ago and asked me about my bank information which I didn't give, and spend about 30 min trying to convince me to disclose the info. I'll suggest you all to be aware of this type of fraud. If anybody offers you something for free but ask for your account information, hang up the phone or ask them to send everything by mail and you'll read to through. That's what I did. Also search online about the company and talk to your friends, they might know if it's a scam.

• Ro
      9th of Apr, 2007

Same Here. No Contact number also. Are they charging this amount every month?

• Ra
      10th of Apr, 2007

Hi there,

I have also received an envelope having 3 days stay and $1000 dollars gift certificate. Please let me know how do I prevent them from taking the money, which fortunately is not taken from my account. But I remember they had asked my account no. and routing number. I am worried if they will charge the same to me.

• Ia
      21st of Apr, 2007

I've been contacted by these people (Unified Services) dozens of times. Thankfully I've been taught never to give any financial information over the phone, particularly to someone I don't know.

I would think a lawsuit is certainly a viable, and winnable option here. With all these people Unified's defrauded, there should be a movement for compensation through legal action. I'll gladly sign on under attempt to commit fraud charges with anyone willing to pursue this.

22nd of Apr, 2007

My niece was taken in by the same company recently. They offered her free tickets, vacation for two, internet, telephone and a $1500 loan. They said all she had to do is give then $1.95 so when she checked her bank account they had authorized a check in the amount of $149.80. Just like that, with no warning the overdraft fees happened. I really would like to see these people pay for there actions, they are preying on unsuspected victims. She is to graduate high school and go off to college this fall and should not have to deal with this type of horror.

• Ny
      24th of Apr, 2007

Thank you for previous post. Some agent of this company - Unified Services, called me about this package deal with $1000 in coupons for online use & a 3 day 2 night package to over 20 destinations. all that was asked was $1.95 for shipping and handling and the rest was absolutely free. but in order to do this i would need to give him my checking account # and bank name. Once he asked for that, i was skeptical and put him on hold. I searched for complaints about this company and found this site. looking at previous threads and complaints i told him that he wasn't getting any information over the phone. if he wanted my business he should send me the package information first. But he wouldn't stop there; he was trying to convince me that this was safe and that i cant be defrauded. so i had enough and hung up. Thank you all for your posts.

10th of May, 2007

Alice, Samantha, and Roshan,

We discovered your complaints posted regarding our services. We would appreciate the opportunity to respond to your complaint.

It appears you signed up for our amazing package including a free 3-day, 2-night hotel stay and a complimentary $1000 Internet shopping spree.

We also offer three, 10-day trials in conjunction with our complimentary hotel stay and shopping spree. Call USA is the first service and offers long-distance in the form of a calling card. This calling card can be used at any touch-tone telephone and includes unlimited state-to-state calling and international calling to over 60 countries. Our second offer is Online Advantage; which is unlimited, high-speed, dialup Internet. We provide free customer service and technical support and access to the Internet at over 10,000 access points nationwide (great for traveling). Our final offer, Ultra Thermo Boost 2000 is a dietary weight-loss supplement. Our supplement contains the natural, safe ingredient Hoodia. If the customer opts in to any of these offers, they agree to cancel the services(s) within the 10-day trial period to avoid charges.

All customer orders are verified by a third-party taped verification. Each taped verification is reviewed to make sure that the customer did, in fact, agree to our products and services. During the taped verification, the exact terms and conditions were described to you. Additionally, when you agreed to our services, we communicated our contact information to you, including toll-free numbers for each of the services through which to cancel should you decide you did not need them.

We are very concerned with customer service and with the satisfaction of our customers. Because you are unsatisfied with our products and/or services, we would like to mail you a refund agreement for the full amount of “149.50” to you for your signature. I have forwarded your names to our customer service manager. He will personally be contacting you within a few days to begin the refund process.

We appreciate this opportunity to respond to your complaints. We hope this will satisfy your concerns and that these matters will be considered resolved.

Respectfully,

Jared (Badge #1096)
    Quality Control,

10th of May, 2007

Larrina,

I offer to you the same refund as the others previously noted. I'll have someone contact you.

Best,

Jared (Badge #1096)
    Quality Control

17th of May, 2007

I was also contacted by them offering to send me a how to financial book for a small fee of 1.95 and all i had to do was give them the info. After doing that i received phone calls from auto dealers and debt consolidators so i thought they where for real. But they did not cover the phone, internet or diet pills in the call nor did they cover the ten day trail or give me a cancellation phone number. A month later I'm out 149.80 and i don't have what i apparently paid for.

They do have me on tape confirming as i do believe everyone else throwing a baby fit over this, take it as a lesson learned cancel you accounts and move on and never do it again.

• St
      18th of May, 2007

This company is trying to get bank information over the phone they are very pushy! Beware people!

16th of Jun, 2007

Just wanted to say that I do not have Verizon and they are calling me also and they are really starting to piss me off!

• Me
      18th of Jun, 2007

OMG I HATE THESE PEOPLE!!! Omg i just gave these people my debit card number they told me i had to be 18 to get this and i said i was 16 and then they started asking me for my bank stuff. I think i am screwed. I don't know what the hell to do.

18th of Jun, 2007

T-mobile here.

• St
      19th of Jun, 2007

Even I was taken for a ride by these ppl. I have 149.80 out from my account. I never authorized jared or whoever to withdraw that amount from my account. And what cost so much? I asked for a refund they told me to fax this no 18663230029. Wonder if there ever is such a no. Instead of putting us into all this why don't they just mail back checks for the refund.