UMG Merchanttec HSolutions / Unauthorized charges

1 1342 Main St.Billings, MT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-843-0905

This company started monthly deductions of $49.95 from our company bank account in July '08. This was not discovered until a detail review of accounts was performed in December. By then, we had been charged for July, August, September, October and November (5 months). This was preceded by identical charges from Discover card processing in the months of April, May, June and July - 4 months.

I called UMG Merchanttec, [protected] and complained about the unauthorized charges. The nice girl on the phone said I spoke with one of their telemarketers to get this service started (I still don't know what the service is!). This is not true and even if I did, I would have declined the service and would never give anyone our bank details over the phone. When I asked for a refund, she said all she could do was refund the last two months. We'll see if that comes through! I'm not sure what, if any, further recourse I have. I think my next call will be to Discover card processing.

Ra

Comments

• Li
      14th of Aug, 2009

Further recourse? You should start at your bank. Have them trace the charges to their source--it's likely a debit card, which you should cancel. You should also tell them you want to file an unauthorized charge dispute. If they will not work with you, get a new bank. I am going through this process right now. The charge (49.95, just like you) is listed on my statement as "telephone initiated" but they got the money using my debit card number. I cancelled the card and yet the charge showed up again this month, so shame on the bank for that one. But we will straighten it out. Meanwhile I am going to file charges with whatever agency or agencies will listen.