UltraShieldWarranty

This company sold us a $150 warranty for our couch which offers 10 year warranty coverage for stains rips tears cigarette burns and so forth when we purchased a new couch from Lay-Z-Boy. A guest we had at our home which urinated on our couch in their sleep and we cannot get the smell out. In the the warranty coverage details it expressely says:
" The coverage listed is the coverage provided by this service agreement. Anything not listed is an exclusion.
1.Any food or beverage normally consumed by humans.
2.Human bodily fluids. (except feces)
3.Mold or mildew
4.An accidental rip, tear, or cigarette burn
5. Pet bodily fluids (service only)"

When we called we were told you must be able to see the stain. It says nothing about this in the warranty coverage, and we were told nothing about this when they sold us the warranty. Additionally some coke was spilled by one of my kids on it and it leaked under the cushion onto the base of the couch. Apparently this is not covered either. We have a dark colored couch, and stains do not show easily, but smells from fluids should be covered as well. My advice: If you have a dark colored couch, dont waste your money. All it would take is a technician coming out to clean it. A company that is not willing to do this to keep their customer satisfied is not a company that deserves other peoples' business.

Comments

• Of
      Oct 08, 2010

It is a "STAIN" protection, not an odor protection. You answered your own question in the first sentence.

• Se
      Jul 14, 2011

I have done my fair share in researching furniture warranty companies. The above name company offers a fabric protection warranty plan. This means the furniture store that sold you this plan applied the after market product which helps prevent permanent staining. The above named company warranties your fabric by offering a full replacement on parts or piece when the fabric becomes permanently stained from the stains listed on your post. Urine odor is not service because it is not a stain. FABRIC PROTECTION...NOT ODOR PROTECTION. Baking soda should solve your problem that is if you are willing to get up and do it.

• Ho
      May 22, 2018

I am writing this in sheer frustration! I purchased a Lazy Boy lift chair for my husband who has Parkinson's Disease. I will never ever purchase another product from them! The lift control fell apart and it took several months to get a new one under the Ultra Shield Warranty. Now, the same issue has occurred with the control. The wires on the control have frayed and for one year I have tried to get a new control. I have used electrical tape on the control, to keep the chair going. The control finally stopped working and my husband is unable to use the chair. I have spoken to many different people who tell me they need to contact the manufacture to get the part, as it is under warranty. I made another call today (5-22-18) and got the same story. The lady said she had to contact Ultra Shield and they would order the part. Same story I was told last week! I asked that someone call me back and the response was Ultra Shield should contact me! Since my past experience with this company is bad, I feel if I hear from someone by Christmas 2018, I will be lucky! Mean while my husband is unable to use this chair which he needs desperately! I am going to post this on the web page and since I have extensive documentation will contact my attorney as well!