UltraHosting.com / Terrible company

Thornhill, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 866-988-5872

I was looking for a dedicated server solution because our current VPS was running out of space and we were down. After reading the impressive reviews, I decided to give ultrahosting.com a call. After talking to ultrahosting.com about my needs I was told my server would be configured & my files would be migrated over within 48 hrs.

After paying $243.00 to ultrahosting.com I found out that I had to go through their technical service dept for even the most minor modifications, this added an extra day to any task, due to Ultrahosting.com's unresponsiveness.

After 48 hrs, our server and email was still down. I made a call to Ultra Hosting to find out why we weren't up as they promised and I was told that the 64 bit OS I ordered was out of stock! so, I had to wait another couple days for ultra hosting to get their business straight. So, that was the first indication that they don't have their house in order.

After another day or so, I still wasn't up and no one contacted me for info on migrating my files. After numerous calls and a full week of being down from the time I placed the order, I decided that I needed to cancel my account with Ultrahosting.com.

I talked with sheyda.ziaolhagh@momentum.com and was told that she would cancel my account and I would be refunded immediately. I received an account cancellation form from Ultrahosting.com, but no refund confirmation.

I gave Sheyda a call on numerous occasions after that and she was either feigning ignorance or I couldn't reach her. I called again this morning and asked to speak to an Ultra Hosting manager. I was told by the guy who answered the phone that the managers weren't in. I asked when they will be in and he told me, 'well, they are supposed to be here by 9am, but you know how managers are'.

So, I'm still in a battle with Ultrahosting.com to get my refund and for anyone else who may have found the thread I did, be very wary of these guys. Maybe my situation is an anomaly, but this is what I have been dealing with for the last 2 weeks with Ultrahosting.com. I would not recommend them to anyone for anything. And if their operations are any reflection of Momentum, I will not recommend their services either.
Va

Comments

Je
  16th of Jun, 2009
I agree.
I had the same experience recently.
They destroyed all my files, databases and emails.

I have evidences(chat logs, tickets emails) that I can send to anyone that needs prove against those scammers.

If you have server with them I suggest you move away as soon as possible...

You can view my experience here:

Thanks
Jean Stefferson
Bo
  18th of Dec, 2009
stay away from ultrahosting, they are the worst provider around, no growth opportunities, tech support phone never answered, complete waste of time and money, stay far far away
Pa
  17th of Jan, 2010
UltraHosting.Com is the worst company I have ever used for hosting, they never answer their phones, their tech support sucks and our dedicated server with them has been down more times than we can bear,

STAY AWAY FROM ULTRAHOSTING!! BAD COMPANY THEY WILL RUIN YOUR BUSINESS!!! and they dont care about the service they offer, complete cash grab garbage fly by night company!!