Ultimate Executive Travel / No Refund

1 2417 Welsh Road Suite 21-#337, Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215-259-3398

Received a postcard to attend a vacation travel service presentation through World Travel in return I would receive a complimentary 8 day cruise for two. Left the meeting with my cruise voucher did as it said and sent my $248. I then received my certificate 5 weeks later stating that i had to pay up another $399 per person, a $49 per person confirmed booking fee, and upgrading fee (the room is only an entry level room with bunks) for a 7 day cruise. Needless to say i was outraged. Trying to get a refund but obviously the company refuses. Hopefully you are now truly informed of the final price of this Complimentary cruise.

Comments

• Ge
      Jul 31, 2011

And I bet everyone here was asked to sign a form at the World Wide Travel presentation in valencia stating that you received the 'gift' that you were promised by them for attending as described, and signing a form stating that World Wide Travel are not responsible for the Cruise because it is offered by a third-party. And I bet everyone signed the form without thinking twice. And I bet you were led out of the back entrance "because the front doors were locked" so the next round of victims couldn't see you.

Now, why would a travel company that claims to get the best discounts in town, need to use a third-party to fulfill their promises of a cruise? Isn't booking travel what they do!?

Now, who would like to go on this presentation, sit through the sales talk, say no to everything, and when asked to sign those forms, ask why you should sign a form that states you received your cruise when all you have been given is a piece of paper with a picture of a boat on it and a request for Money? What if you say that World Wide Travel promised a FREE Cruise, not a badly printed picture of a Boat. You were not promised a form and a demand for money, you were promised a FREE cruise. Tell them that is what you want, that is what you came for, and that is what their company does.

Don't sign the form, whatever you do. They promised you a Free Cruise on the Postcard. So, once you have escaped from their hot office (i.e AC has broken conveniently to make you want to leave quicker and ask no questions about the cruise) Now, write a legal nastygram, take them to small claims court, get your friend-who-is-a-lawyer to write on your behalf, and post this everywhere you can to get others to do the same.

Sep 07, 2011

I, too, went to the Valencia offices to listen to their travel presentation after receiving a postcard in the mail. I actually was interested in what they had to say and figured if I didn't like it much, I'd still get a free cruise. Well, $10K is A LOT of money to be asking for so called "first class" travel services. I kinda doubted that. But I went ahead and signed the form, sent in my $250.-- deposit - via cashiers check as that is mandatory. And 5 weeks, received nothing. I called them tonight and they told me to address any questions I might have to them online. Well, in that process, I began a search on this company (something I should have done before I ever set foot in their slimy offices) and I find all these complaints. Now, I am just waiting to receive the bad news. That I will have to pony up more $$$. These people selling at this company were particularly swarmy. I thought it that night, but figured well, they are sales people. However not all people in sales are like these special ones. The lowest of the ###. I have a inkling to take another ride up to Santa Clarita and stand outside their doors handing out printed copies of these complaints to people. People beware! And I have known this all my life, but NOTHING IF FREE. Why I thought this was an okay deal ... is beyond me. I hope they get what's coming to them. Swarmy ugly people up there.

Sep 07, 2011

Marty York was one of my sales pitch people up there. He played "Yeah Yeah" in the movie "Sandlot" years ago. Shame shame shame on you Marty. They looked me right in the eye and lied to my face. Is this what becomes of our child actors now? Wow. I feel so stupid for being jipped like this. But at least I can sleep at night.

• Jb
      Sep 07, 2011

I can gladly say that ultimate travel returned my money. I'm satisfied with the outcome just sad it had to happen but I guess we know now how these things work.

• Ha
      Nov 04, 2011

The owner of the company has opened up another travel agency; he uses several names for the business. Ultimate Executive Travel and Get Outta Town Travel.He is the one that also handled the travel for the California residents too. He does not use any computers as all travel agencies do, he only uses paper files, and it is easier to dispose of when the authorities finally catch him. He and his wife are a team; their names are Charles (Chuck) Maguire and Kelly Maguire. Address is 1903 Grant Avenue Philadelphia PA 19115. Phone 215-677-7084 fax 215-677-7085.email addresses are: [protected]@ugetouttatowntravel.com and [protected]@ugetouttatowntravel.com. Chuck tells people that he is not a travel agent; he says that he is the owner and tour guide. They have a store front and a large office set up, but no travel brochures. He has advertised on craigslist Philadelphia to hire travel agents and tells them that he is a license travel agent for eight months; also that he does a lot of business in California. He states that he works with many cruises lines, though he is NOT CLIA certified to sell them. The office does not have any qualified people to sell travel; he has a woman that works there that is very unprofessional, extremely rude as she wears very unprofessional clothing that is five sizes to small and likes to show off her tattoos. They seem to move around from state to state, their phone recording is from a cruise agency that had been located at this address for many years. That company moved from this address over 3 years ago. Someone needs to stop Charles, Chuck to his friends and his scamming wife Kelly from stealing from travelers. The local news channels need to be contacted by as many people as possible who they have ripped off! 6abc.com, nbc10.com, fox29 all in Philadelphia .Kelly-Saunders Maguire · Office Manager/Travel Consultant at Get Outta Town Travel, wife of Chuck

• Ha