Ultimate Digital Source, Inc. / Never Received Blu-ray player

1 5200 Katrina Place Suite 205Palmdale, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-966-5455

After doing much research on Blu-ray players on the internet, I chose to do business with ultimatedigitalsource.com to purchase a Samsung BD-P2500 Blu-ray player. They have another web site that is named Techcyberstore.com that is set up exactly like ultimatedigitalsource.com and from what I can tell, they operate exactly the same. The only difference is their mailing location.
Upon checking out on 1/27/09 using the shopping cart they inform you that they only accept Diners Club and the JCB (?) credit cards or a PO number. If you choose the PO option they then send you the instructions for payment in another email. This should've been a red flag (which it kinda was) but they had an E-Commerce by Yahoo! logo posted as well as some "privacy policy" statement section describing they used Yahoo! for all of their transactions. Evidently this gave me a false sense of security along with the fact that I could not find any negative feedback on the internet. The only thing that was mentioned on a couple blog’s when someone asked if they were legit was to “be careful”. Unfortunately I didn’t find these comments until after I followed through with the transaction. I also cannot find anything positive about this site either such as a successful transaction. It is as if I am the first person to do business with them. I find that very hard to believe since they also sell televisions, cameras, ipods and camcorders.
They require you to purchase a Green Dot MoneyPak card at several retailers in the denomination of your purchase and send them the activation code. After they process everything they will send you the tracking number of your purchase.

The next day I didn’t hear anything so I sent them an email asking about the status of the purchase. An hour or so later I received this email: Thank you for shopping with us, your order will be ship out Thursday morning and you will receive shipping confirmation email with UPS tracking number within 24hr after your order is ship. The funny thing was, it was Thursday so I decided to see if they would follow through. As of 2/2/09 I still have not heard anything even after sending them 2 additional emails.

When you try to contact them by phone it always goes to voice mail and none of my messages have been returned. I have contacted Yahoo! Merchant services but was told they do not have any control over web sites that use their services. They did say they would send an email to them and for me to contact them if I do not hear anything within the next 24 hours. Yahoo shopping finally got back to me on 2/2/09 saying this web site is a valid Yahoo store which kind of helps but unless they deliver soon I am considering it a scam.

Te

Comments

• Sc
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I live in Palmdale, saw the site, and thought to check them out. They have no Business License with the City of Palmdale, and the address is fictitious. Katrina Place is in a residential neighborhood. The closest street number is 5206 which is a single-family two-story home.
    Steer clear of the site.

• Hy
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I have had the exact same problem with this site. I ordered a camcorder and never received it! It should have been delivered about five days ago and I have not had any reply to my emails.

• At
      4th of Feb, 2009

I read your comment just before I sent my green dot authorization. I won't be paying them for a Blue Ray unless I hear that you got yours. Thanks so much for the warning.

5th of Feb, 2009

Unfortunately you are not alone. I too fell victim to this site. I purchased a 32" Sony LCD tv ... or so i thought anyway. I have started the complaint process through Yahoo Merchants. It's only been 5 days since i oredered, but i cannot get ahold of anyone via e-mail or phone. If I do miraculously recieve the item, i will definately post that fact here. My fingers are crossed ... i found it very strange that they would so blatently take our money though. Class Action lawsuit?

5th of Feb, 2009

Also, keep your greendot moneypak if you have already sent the numbers to them. Greendot can reference that number and find out who the money was transfered to. While they most likely won't give that information out on the phone, they will mostly likely disclose the information to the courts later.

• Mo
      9th of Feb, 2009

Thanks for the info everyone. I too thought something was fishy after not being able to pay with my credit card. Thank god for this site. I won't be sending any money to them period.

• Te
      9th of Feb, 2009

13 days now since I ordered from Ultimatedigitalsource.com and I have received nothing including responses to my email and voice mail messages. This is definitely a scam website. Please spread the word before they rip off anyone else. They need to be shut down...soon.

10th of Feb, 2009

F4k i should have checked around before ordering. I too fell for the scam and thought I got a great deal. I have never fallen for anything like this before as I'm usually very cautious. I took the fact that this site showed up to me on Google Shopping and that it was a Yahoo Merchant as legit. It's only been two days since I ordered but I haven't heard one word from the seller at all. Does anyone know if there's a way to get the money off the GreenDot without them having taken it?

10th of Feb, 2009

In response to pyrettablz, you can contact Greendot via the 1-800-GREENDOT and request a refund for your moneypak, however, if they have already taken the funds off the card, it's gone. I talked to GREENDOT and they told me that they have had several complaints about this individual and while they cannot issue me a refund, they recommend i file a police report for theft. That way, their records can be supenoed and used to create a case against the guy. I'm attempting to get a refund from Yahoo now, i'll post if it works! Good Luck!

11th of Feb, 2009

Thanks grbirch. I'll give GreenDot a call, but I'm sure the money's already gone. Definitely post if you can get a refund from Yahoo or something, we'd all be really interested!

12th of Feb, 2009

Apparently (Big Surprise) Yahoo! claims no responsibility for their merchants. They also are unwilling to shut down the website. Their complaint department cannot be reached via phone, only e-mail and I keep getting canned responses back. So next step, the Attourney General for the State of California. Sorry guys, looks like we are out of luck.

12th of Feb, 2009

Well, being that I was directed to that site through Google Shopping search, at least they have removed the sites (ultimate and techcyber) from this particular search result (search string being "samsung bdp 2500"). Hopefully more people won't be sent there via google.

• Br
      15th of Feb, 2009

My experience is the same as everyone elses. Ordered Panasonic Blu-ray with Ultimate Digital as PO then directed by Tech Cyber Store to do GreenDot etc. My Moneypak was cashed 2 days after I sent the number. No email or voicemail responses.

Somehow I found the domain setups for each site. Established the same day, same phone numbers and administrator PO Box #s

I've filed a complaint with the BetterBusinessBureau but I'm assuming we've just been duped.

• Le
      16th of Feb, 2009

Thank you for your postings on this site. I too ordered from them but got suspicious when I could not locate their business at the BBB or on a California business listing. The GreenDot pay method was a red flag that prompted my search. I have not sent the payment info and will not Thanks again!

• Ga
      24th of Feb, 2009

I have the same problem. Purchased a Canon SX10 IS camera and no response and no camera. Did find them on the BBB for CA. They have a C rating. (http://www.la.bbb.org/) I filed a report. I am hoping that I can get my money back somehow, but doubt it. When I call the number, it either rings forever, or it says it has been temporarily disabled.

• Dw
      25th of Feb, 2009

I also ordered but did not send money when they would not take VISA... what a rip-off...

• Te
      25th of Feb, 2009

I have also filed a complaint with the BBB in their area and when I check on the status, it says they are still waiting for Ultimatedigitalsource.com to respond. They initially told me to allow 14 days for a response. That was on 2/10/09. How is it possible they could have a C rating when they never deliver anything? Am I missing something other than my 210 bucks?

• Ji
      26th of Feb, 2009

I too have been a big sucker for good priced blu-ray player...Same as all the stories above, why the hell did yahoo and google not get on the ball after all of the complaints to them. A little research shows that they also have a website called techcyberstore.com, same website, different name, created same day, almost identical info except for owners name on registry. Any red flags here yahoo? I am furious and I want these pieces of #$#? taken down and my money back. Yet thier website still sits there. Who's ready for a contact with the california attorney general. BTW the phone numbers are now disconnected, please everyone keep in touch via this site so we can get something done, hopefully some money back and these ### caught!!!

• Ap
      26th of Feb, 2009

Another victim here. This is stealing and the crazy part about it is the website is still active. Has anyone filed a police report yet???
    Somthing has to give. I'm in Georgia, so please post any information needed to seek justice against these criminals.

• Ga
      26th of Feb, 2009

I am ready to contact the California Attorney General...Let's all band together.