Ulta / rip off company

I am supposed to receive coupons in the mail for free items according to home much I spend. I spent $600 last Christmas holiday and never received the coupons. So I emailed customer service and I got a form response saying that I'd get a response within 48 hours. Two weeks later I sent another email and got a similar promise and no response. It's been months. I've forbidden my 2 teenage daughters from shopping there so I guess their conduct will cost them. Hope this does too. Their prices aren't really any better when they have a sale than your local drugstore anyway.

Va

Comments

• Ha
      20th of Oct, 2008

My experience with Ulta was different, not good! I have visited the store in Columbia, Md three (3) times and each visit was the same. I was ignored and/or waited on after everyone else in the store had been attended to! If your staff is unsure of how to match foundation to women of color, perhaps, they need to seek another occupation. The sales staff are cold, unfriendly and not helpful. After three (3) visits with the same result, I would be crazy to continue to buy from Ulta! I have found another cosmetic place in Columbia Mall and will support their store because of their friendly, supportive and knowledegable staff. I have visited Ulta for the third and final time..HGray

• Mi
      3rd of Nov, 2008
    Best Best Advice

FIRST OFF ALL ULTA EMPLOYEES DO NOT GET PAID TO DO YOUR MAKEUP FOR FREE IF YOU WANT YOUR MAKE UP DONE OR MATCHED GO TO THE SALON AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. IT IS A PERSONAL OPTION IF AN ULTA EMPLOYEE WANTS TO DO YOUR MAKE UP OR NOT, THEY ARE NOT OBLIGATED AND NEITHER IS SEPHORA EMPLOYEES. HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO BE MATHED BY A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON, SECOND OF ALL THERE ARE TESTERS EVERYWHERE IN THE DAMN STORE IF YOU CANT MATCH YOUR OWN COMPLEXION OF SKIN YOU ARE ###ING ###ED.

SINCERELY, MISUNDERSTOOD

• Ke
      29th of Sep, 2017

@MISUNDERSTOOD Why in the HELL would ULTA not expect their employees to do people's makeup for FREE if they have makeup artists on duty for the very purpose?! You are a freaking IDIOT! I got my makeup done FOR FREE at Ulta, and I ASKED them to match me! It's not my freaking job to buy products that don't match and for them to just stand at the shelves stalking me to see if I'm using opened stuff or stealing! They'd BETTER make themselves useful and do our freaking makeup when we ask for it!!!

• Si
      27th of Mar, 2018

@Kenro Getting your make up done at Ulta costs about fifty bucks in the salon. You can get color matched on the floor, and try a few things out, a sales person will help you with that, but for two matching eyes, and a full face, the salon charges.

• Mi
      3rd of Nov, 2008

You people expect to go to ulta and get your makeup done for free and think you dont have to buy anything after that you are the one who is crazy and obviously ulta doesn't need your money if thats the case. You cant just walk into a store and get ### done to you physically and not pay or tip ### you cheap ### customers. You obviously dont work in retail and never has. I feel sorry for you people really.

• Ul
      8th of Nov, 2008

I just wanted to send message out there that if some people are not getting their coupons. Then make sure to say something to one of the employees they can look up you address. Sometimes I have noticed that when it gets put in the computer it can get miss spelled or jumbled and then the customer is not going to get their mailers. You can also go to ULTA.com and set up a free account and manage your address and name.
    Hopefully that will help some people. Ulta employees are not out to get customers. Sometimes we make mistakes just like you and me.

2nd of Apr, 2009

1866-985-8382 is the number to customer service where they can reimburse you for points or rewards you have not received. This works, a customer came into my store with a reward level 23 because we had her address wrong in the computer.

• Rp
      6th of Dec, 2009

I have spent aproximately 120.00 since signing up for the ulta rewards. They show me as not having one single point.

• Rp
      6th of Dec, 2009

As I read the rant from the "employee" I am ever more convinced I will never shop at ULTA again.
    They overcharged me for an online order. I called, they agreed, but still no refund.
    None of the employees know the company programs or promotions. They all have a different answer as to just what is going on.
    I have had my last bad experience with ULTA and I am finished with them.
    Snippy women, bad bad bad customer service, and total ignorance. That sums up ULTA.

• Gr
      26th of Jan, 2010

I Love going to ULTA - the store is neat clean and enjoyable to be in. I can wonder around and try make up and scents. The atmosphere is pleasant and if I need help I just ask someone. Although there are never many employees wandering around I can find one at the cashstand that can get an answer or product to me. Thanks to ULTA we woman have a supply house for all our needs.

• Lo
      8th of Jun, 2010
    Ulta - The online service on ulta is awful
    ulta.com

The online service on ulta is awful. They advertise a free shipping code for $25 or more. They also on the same site advertise 20% coupon on one item. Other websites that I have ordered items from will allow you to enter for free shipping and you loyal customer service discounts which I have their rewards card and got a coupon from them. You can only apply 1 coupon and that is it. I called the first time to find out if they could help me but I got a girl who sounded like she hated her life or job telling me sorry can;t do anything for you. When I hung up I called back to speak to a manager and got the run around from another rep. The manager never got on the phone to take care of me. They don't care if they are losing a loyal customer. If I was handicapped I would have been screwed since they don't want to help someone that can't make it into their store. Their solution is to go into their store.

• Ye
      19th of Jun, 2010

I think the reason why many ladies may be offended with poor service is due to the fact that often times Ulta is understaffed. The economy is not doing so well and therefore Ulta has made some cutbacks. It is hard to juggle color matches, the register, directing ladies and the phone when you are the only one on the sales floor :( I think alot of the offense is actually misenterpeted. I once had woman get offended with me because I did not hear her speak to me when she asked me where something was. She thought I was consciously ignoring her! I think Ulta emplyees should be covered by more grace from our guest. We arent out to ruin anybodies day, we try to make your day :) However, we are human and flawed so we make mistakes but overall our hearts are willing and we love making ya'll happy :) Lots of love!

• Tr
      19th of Jun, 2010
    ULTA - Avoid Ulta like a plague
    ulta.com

Hair color NOT what I wanted - shade of red (Danika was surprised it was red); went back following month, initially lt brown w/highlights :) 1 wk later, back to red - argh! Called to talk to Danika about it and was put on hold too long so I disconnected. Apx $300 spent - expensive mistakes!

• Tr
      25th of Jun, 2010
    ULTA - Don't waste your time or money going to an Ulta salon
    ulta.com

Don't waste your time or money going to an Ulta salon. I just had my second bad experience and will not be returning. Both of the stylists I saw were inexperienced and unskilled. I was unhappy with my haircut and when I tried to get someone to fix it I was given the run around "Well, you'd have to talk to my manager." whom I was mysteriously never able to get in touch with. Go to a real salon instead.

• Fo
      25th of Jun, 2010

plus their staff is super rude and profile their customers, making you feel like the think you are a shop lifter.i don't shop there and never will again. I recommend that anyone purchase their makeup at a more customer service friendly store like nordstrom, bare essentuals, or sephora

• Ro
      20th of Dec, 2010
    Ulta.com - customer cervice and poduct
    Ulta

I placed an order at Ulta.com on Dec.14th. The main purpose of the order was because I found this sampler of hand cream that I thought was perfect for my mom for Christmas and it was only available on line. I also added on a by one get one free mascara for myself. The order was in process for 6 days! I checked the order on Dec.20th and noticed that the gift for my mom(the main purpose of the order) was not in the list and wasn't even on the web site anymore. I called customer service. I tell the lady that I'm very annoyed and I know it's not her fault, but...
    I tell her about the product and she says that it is no longer in stock. I tell her that I ordered it 6 days ago and it was in stock 6 days ago and that I hadn't even received an email about the product being out of stock. Ulta's customer service representative tells me that emails are a bit behind and I should receive an email about the product being out of stock in a day or two.
    A day or two AFTER the order has shipped and without having had a chance (or option) to change the product to something else of equal value before it shipped.

So, after making the purchase, and it being "in process" for 6 DAYS. My order has shipped WITHOUT the main purpose of the order and with out notification that something in that order was no longer in stock. I didn't need to pay for shipped for mascara Ulta...really.

• Je
      3rd of Apr, 2011

Let me just start off by saying I HATE THIS STORE!!!

I am very UNHAPPY with the overall services and lack of availability of merchandise provided by these stores. I have visited the Deptford NJ location at 3 times in last 2 months and each time I went to the store it was ALWAYS in lacking merchandise. This has always been the case whenever I went there and their prices SUCK! I wanted to purchase a curling above from a Revlon or Conair product(which they carry as well) and was unable to do so because of the lack availability of mid- priced curling irons. I can get a Revelon or Conair product anywhere. Now these mid price products the carry obviously sell the most so I do not why the store would not have them stocked accordingly. The store never has a their large display of OPI nail polish full. I recently purchased a hair brush for $11.00 and was very DISAPPOINTED in the quality for the money I paid . I now can not return it and get at least a store credit because of their AWLFUL return policy. I can not believe with all the revenue these stores generate, I could not get a store without out my receipt. I had the tag still on the merchandise which could have been scanned to get the current price & know I purchased it from ULTA. Now I have a crappy product from this store I do not want and they get to keep my money. Any store out there give store credits and honors their products. I will never shop there again. Again I will say, I HATE THIS STORE.

• Bm
      13th of May, 2011
    Ulta - Stay away
    Ulta

Dear Ulta, you now have lost a customer and I detest your staff at the Wilmington, Delaware sight! I called to schedule a make up appointment and I actually spoke with my usual make up consultant who is the most lovely person there. She stated to called back and push my picture appointment back so that she could fit me in her make up schedule. After doing so call back and someone else answered places me on hold for approximately 5 minutes which I didn't mind however another woman answered and talked to me like animal ****! I asked to speak with my usual make up consultant and she stated in a ignorant stern mean demeaning voice CAN I TAKE A MESSAGE! I stated I wanted to make an appointment with my usual make up consultant and she was like U CAN'T. I asked why and she informed me, SHE DOESN'T COME IN AT THAT TIME. I was upset because I sat there reschedule my picture appointment and then they tell me I can not schedule. Let me tell u something ULTA I hope that manager or lady I spoke to loses her job. I have always came to your company to have my make up done, purchase hair supplies, and you treat me like I'm **** and have ur managers speaking to me in such a nasty tone. How about you re-evaluate the ignorant (beeeeeep) employees you hire! HOW DARE YOU!

• Un
      7th of Jun, 2011
    ULTA - No hair left
    Ulta

I went to the Ulta Salon in Katy, Texas for a trim and style. The girl cut my hair so short that I only have 1/4 inch length on the sides and the top is about 2 inches long. This is not the hairstyle that I selected. Neither the salon manager or the store manager called me back. Now I am dealing with the district manager and she has not called me back.

DO NOT GO THERE FOR A HAIRCUT.

• Lp
      27th of Jun, 2011

Did you try to have anything done about the situation? Or have you decided to just never go back?

• Me
      28th of Jul, 2011
    ULTA - Coupons - I don't think so!
    Ulta

Sick and tired of going into an Ulta store and finding out the coupons are not good. Final straw - rewards coupon cannot be used at the sime time as a flyer % off coupon. From now on I will go to Sephora!!!

25th of Aug, 2011
    ULTA - name calling
    ULTA
    301 The Bridge Street NW
    Huntsville
    Alabama
    Phone: (256)327-8571

I was called “neurotic” by Deborah (the one who does eye brow waxing) about my focus on controlling my oily skin. I choose Sephora.