uksignmypengo.com / mobile quiz calls

1 ditnot known, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: dit

promise u fantastic free prise then gharge £5to join mobile prise question another £5 each time they call another 3 tmes per week .but they call it 5agb and you dont know this is £5 until you look at your balance .i have asked for my £10 back they said they would do this .now 2 weeks later plus 2 emails and 2 texts later still no refund .these people are con men and other people should be warned against there bogus and illegal dealings . if you want to check this just text 85015 and see the con first hand.please expose these robbers to save more people getting conned call me for any mors info cheers john [protected]

Comments

• Gl
      8th of Jul, 2008

i totaly agree with John. these people are stitch up merchants and need to be stopped now.they just robbed me of my last£5 credit which is a lot to me as i am on very low income due to back problems.

• Ru
      12th of Jul, 2008

How do you stop it? Just cost me £10 of money I cannot afford

5th of Aug, 2008

who ever runs this scam are using a real companies name, there must be a way to get the people that are doing this fraud, i thought i was getting my daughters free gift set she arranged from GHD but instead it took 15 pound off my mobile, anyone with info on where its coming from let me know i have ways of finding them and getting monies owed back with interest

• De
      18th of Aug, 2008

I do not know as it to stop!!! But I have found a company phone number!
    Helpline: 02081149478.
    I cannot talk, so call somebody, and learn as to disconnect these questions!

• Sh
      22nd of Aug, 2008

T've just been swindled by these gangsters. I've rna gthe above no. and told to go to www.smscustomercare.com and ask for a refund...here goes

• Ju
      17th of Sep, 2008

100% Agree with everyone !

Im on conract and just got this number popup on my phone and now have to pay £74 which iv not got also what made it worest iv only just came back of holiday

• Lo
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I got scammed by this and had no idea it was those robbing ringtone/game download numbers!!!
    Just had my bill and for the 4 texts THEY sent to me I got charged £17.02!!!

It's absolutely disgusting!!!

Every one be aware and don't ever fill in your mobile number anywhere unless absolutely necessary.

I'm fuming :(

12th of Oct, 2008

THIS HAPPENED TO ME LAST NIGHT; JUST HOME FROM HOSPITAL STAY AND I LOST ALL MY CREDIT JSUT FROM SENDING ONE TEXT TO GET A LAPTOP. I WAS TOLD A CHEQUE WILL ARRIVE IN POST WITHIN 4-6WKS. NOW IM NOT SO SURE. I NEEDED THAT CREDIT ON PHONE AS MY LIFELINE TO WORLD. REALLY UPSET.

12th of Oct, 2008

My phone company has blocked any messages from them to me; and gave me their direct number in California though; guy seemed angry i had rung. didnt want to talk. he said hed refund, but i fear not, but i said i will follow this up if not.

12th of Oct, 2008

I lost approx £17 too; last of my credit, after released from hospital, so was left alone, vulnerable.

why hasnt this been stopped i wonder, its pathetic.

• Pa
      15th of Oct, 2008

topped up 5.30 this evenning received two calls from 85115 and my £10 credit (on orange) wiped out
    i think this may have started when signing up to a down load ringtone last week
    be very careful of 85115!!!

• St
      20th of Oct, 2008

Stop these people, I received a text message from these stating Free Message:text OK now to 85115 if you want to receive your item now! Text OK to 85115. stop? text stop to 85115. Info? info.mypengo.com
    This message came from no sender just 85115. It cost me 8o pence to receive this message and if I send a reply I dred to think of the costs involved. AVOID AVOID AVOID
    The question is, where did they get my number from? As I haven't registered with any mobile offers ever

• De
      24th of Oct, 2008

they have taken £15 of my phone in less than 48 hours. sent text to 85115 and they send back message that i am unsubscribed yet they keep taking money off my phone how am i supposed to get my money back

• Ju
      28th of Oct, 2008

Contact Phonepayplus : 0800 500 212

They will help you and get your money back

• Ad
      15th of Feb, 2009

ok - here's what you all need to do.

go here: http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/consumers/complain/HowToLogComplaint.asp

it is the official ombudsman in the UK. Previously ICSTIS.

if anyone can get your money back its them.

20th of Feb, 2009

hey folks I think i found the way to get you out of this misery!! go here, pick the right service that is sending you unwanted SPAM to your phone to cancel getting mypengo messages!!

• Gr
      20th of Feb, 2009

I've been getting these messages too, and £45 per month added to my bill, I've never requested a ringtone or game - I doubt that my phone's capable of using either.
    About a month ago I sent the "STOP" text, still been charged £45 this month.
    Contacted o2, they said to... send "STOP" to 85115

Going to give payphoneplus a call. Has this worked for anyone?

Seems like a common scam though:

• Da
      20th of Mar, 2009

I am having issues with these con-men.
    I somehow accidently signed up to these jokers but as soon as I saw the costs tried to immediately unsubscribe - but no way. Couldn't return a text, can't find an email address - they seem to be uncontactable (their website assumes you are from the States!).
    The stuff they send doesn't even work with my phone!!!
    My first port of call is to get them blocked by my provider - and straight after try all your suggestions...

• Lo
      21st of Apr, 2009

THSE CON MERCHANT'S JUST DRAINED ALL OF MY WIFE'S PREPAID
    ALLOWANCE, THIS SERVICE WAS UNSOLICITED, I DID NOT REQUEST IT .
    AND HAD NEVER HEARED OF IT UNTIL TO-DAY WHILST CHECKING IT ON THE NET JUST HOPE THAT I CAN REMOVE IT, AS I WONT BE TOPPING
    UP ANY CREDIT UNTIL I KNOW IT IS REMOVED

• Su
      24th of Apr, 2009

I too have been scammed by mypengo.com, I then googled and found this page and see that I am not alone! They fooled me into a so called subscription by appearing to give the user an IQ test. After some IQ type of questions they asked for my phone number, which I gave (of course that was a mistake seen in hindsight), and now they've pulled $13 from my cell account. And in the SMSs they say I can stop the subscription by sending an SMS, but that costs $8. I have taken steps to demand a refund and have notified the local consumer protection agency.