UKNL Foundation / Fake lottery win

1 133 Devon STMerseyside, England, Merseyside, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07846749980

Hi, I received the following email. It was obviously too good to be true. I gave the details that are asked for (stupidly), is there anyway they can scam me? Thanks, Becci.

Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/05Batch: R3/A312-59 WINNING NOTIFICATION We happily announce to you the recent draw of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International Program held on September 05, 2008. Your e-mailaddress attached to ticket number: [protected] with Serialnumber 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: [protected] and a bonus numberof 24. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £590, 983.00 (FiveHundred and Ninety Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Three Great BritishPounds) in cash credited to file KTU/[protected]/03. To file for your claim, please contact your fiduciary agent via emailimmediately: Mr. Richard NessClaims DepartmentThe UKNL FoundationEMail: uknlfoundation01@verizon.net You are required to provide the following information for verificationpurposes: Full Name:Full Contact Address:Sex:Age:Occupation:Tel (Home/Office/Mobile):Country of residence: Congratulations once more and from all members and staff of this program. Yours Truly, Seth Hickerson, Online Lottery Co-ordinator.

Be

Comments

• Vi
      18th of Jun, 2008
    UKNL Foundation - Alleged Lottery winner
    UKNL Foundation
    371 Irving Avenue #4R
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Phone: (718) 386-8368

I received an email that purports I have won some ridiculous amount of money via a London National Lottery. I googled the information and found alerts and warnings about this company. I am lodging this complaint because I do not want to receive anything else from these scammers.

• La
      4th of Sep, 2008
    UKNL Foundation - No e-mail is ever attached to lottery
    UKNL Foundation
    Seattle
    Washington

I received several messages about my apparent winnings of a lottery that I had never entered. I checked out the actual website for the real U.K. Lottery; it is just like everywhere else, you can't win without purchasing a ticket and e-mail addresses are never used as a means for selecting winners.

• Hu
      16th of Sep, 2008

Hey what a surprise indeed...I wonder who really falls for this!
    And how on earth did they get my e-mail address?? I NEVER play lottery as I'm against the principle of taking money from others effortlessly...not to mention stealing it !!

FYI that was the message in my e-mail box

Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/05Batch: R3/A312-59
    WINNING NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the recent draw of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International Program held on September 03 2008. Your e-mailaddress attached to ticket number: 56475600545 188 with Serialnumber 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: 01-14-21-3-35-48 and a bonus numberof 24. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £590, 983.00 (FiveHundred and Ninety Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Three Great BritishPounds) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03. To file for your claim, please contact your fiduciary agent via emailimmediately: Mr. Richard NessClaims DepartmentThe UKNL FoundationEMail: uknlfoundation02@verizon.net You are required to provide the following information for verificationpurposes: Full Name:Full Contact Address:Sex:Age:Occupation:Tel (Home/Office/Mobile):Country of residence: Congratulations once more and from all members and staff of this program. Yours Truly, Rhonda Krein, Online Lottery Co-ordinator.

• Gr
      16th of Sep, 2008

Isnt that amazing. Here you are in Canada and here I am in Australia with exactly the same message with the same winning numbers including the bonus number of 24. Synchronisity 0r scamonisity? Unlike you I wish it was true I could certainly share this amount of money around but c'est la vie, easy come easy go!

• He
      16th of Sep, 2008

yep I also got this email- looked up Seth Hickerson and theres one on facebook...is it him? who knows...

• Ju
      16th of Sep, 2008

i have also received the same email
    Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/05Batch: R3/A312-59 WINNING NOTIFICATION We happily announce to you the recent draw of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International Program held on September 03 2008. Your e-mailaddress attached to ticket number: 56475600545 188 with Serialnumber 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: 01-14-21-3-35-48 and a bonus numberof 24. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £590, 983.00 (FiveHundred and Ninety Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Three Great BritishPounds) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03. To file for your claim, please contact your fiduciary agent via emailimmediately: Mr. Richard NessClaims DepartmentThe UKNL FoundationEMail: uknlagent01@gmail.com You are required to provide the following information for verificationpurposes: Full Name:Full Contact Address:Sex:Age:Occupation:Tel (Home/Office/Mobile):Country of residence: Congratulations once more and from all members and staff of this program. Yours Truly, Rhonda Krein, Online Lottery Co-ordinator.

• El
      16th of Sep, 2008

I got the same email, this is so stupid
    I dont see how someone could possibly fall for this?
    Like someone would actually give out all their details to win a fake about of money.
    Honesty, poeple should think logically before they try and scam people

• Je
      17th of Sep, 2008

i got the exact same email today, please contact me if you know its a fraud, i already sent an email to the email address it implied w/ my contact info, should i be worried?

• Al
      17th of Sep, 2008

Yeah, I did receive the same mail, from that mr. Hickerson. Of course it's totally fake. I suggest not giving detailed information about us. Regards.

• Ri
      18th of Sep, 2008

yeah got the same one. exact same serial numbers and everything... hilarious. this "lottery coordinater" must be about one evolutionary step away from a fish. if he WAS the coordinater, he would undoubtebly be on the net somewhere, yet he doesn't seem to have considered that it is intrinsic in most humans to investigate and explore and that most of us would google his ### and find a reference to him on a complaints board! Seth Hickerson, or whatever your real name is... i tip my hat to you. someone as dense as you must have no worries whatsoever.

on another note, i can't believe that some of you gave over the information they asked for! C'MON PEOPLE! for shame

18th of Sep, 2008

Yes i got the same email a couple of days ago.

It was too good to be true so i just saved it to check on it later, as i currently don't live in the uk.

It was a good idea to check verizon's website and see there are others in the same situation as me.

I didn't reply to the mail anyways!

23rd of Sep, 2008

i receieved the same email, my partner recieves many of these types of email so i was instantly suspicious,
    i wouldnt give out these details as they are questions that would be used for security purposes..
    ie: a mobile phone company, telephone banking
    date of birth, postcode, address, telephone number etc can all be used for security questions..
    meaning affectivly they will have enough of your details to accomplish this..
    failing that it could be identity fraud..
    i would not trust any type of email like that.. your personal information is personal .. you will be amazed what you can do with even just a name...

• Iv
      27th of Sep, 2008

Yes I get the same crap in the email as you guys.
    If you didnt participant in any thing how on earth are you going to inform that you are the winner? They are very stupid. But very sad there are someone who fall in this. Let's educate the people dont fall for this!

• St
      1st of Oct, 2008

i had the same e-mail except now he is Mr. Lewis Jnr and his email is now ukclaims15@hotmail.com

• Ca
      2nd of Oct, 2008
    UKNL Foundation - rip off
    Ireland

Sent me an email for my info i.e address and telephone I replied with those details. Then I figured it was dodgy and found your website with other complaints. I just wanted to report. I will NOT be giving them any bank details or money!

• Li
      25th of Oct, 2008

just recieved e-mail stating that I have won 250, 000 uk sterling as above only a Mr Darren Nelson
    fiduciary agent for the National Lottery for draw number 1055 to make arrangments with ~Mr George Hilton customer service manager of speed courier ltd. I'm glad I came across your page. What came be done to these scamsters? how on earth did they get my e-mail address? dont get me wrong 250, 000 grand would of been nice but its not the first time I've had gangsters e-mailing to build up my hopes just as well I dig around before I take the bait. People beware!

26th of Oct, 2008

i had the same email but different name mr christopher was my fidiculary agent, i decided to check out the name 1st so realised must b fake wen i found this page!

• To
    Vancouver,
    British Columbia
    Canada
    Phone: 604-263-8041

received news about lottery winnings. After trying the given phone # - "no service" I started getting suspicius, e-mail was returned: not deliverable - but one email did not came back, in this I mention "this maybe a scam".
    There was no reply to this. After looking up UKNL in google I found my answer: IT IS A SCAM. Watch out!

• Va
      30th of Oct, 2008

if you have given them your name, phone, address but no banking information, what could they do to you? One of my friends have just received the same type of email and stupidly enough to provide the info they've asked for. She is very worried now.

• Ca
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I'm in Puerto Rico and I also received it!

Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/05
    Batch: R3/A312-59

We happily announce to you that your email address has won the sum of
    £590, 983.00 (Five Hundred and Ninety Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Three
    Great British Pounds) in the recent draw of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online
    Sweepstakes International Program.

To file for your claim, contact your fiduciary agent via email immediately:

Mr. Christopher Smith
    EMail: uknlfoundation02@verizon.net

You are required to provide the following information for verification
    purposes: