UKGrants/ / Unauthorised use and payment with my card details

1 UnknownDundeee, Scotland, Tayside, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 02030515230

This company on its website is claiming that it can issue grants for people within the UK and that you just need to fill in a form and pay a £1.95 process fee. i did this and in fact they charged me £2.02 which is on my statement. Then They have taken £40.40 out of my account without my permission and prior knewlodge of doing so. I would like to know how i find out why and how to contact them as their website has no contact details as far as I know.

Simon Hayter

Comments

• Kc
      30th of Mar, 2010

I fell for the same thing. They said they would charge my credit card $1.95USD. Instead they charged me $58.76USD. I emailed support@grants360.com and they said they would cancel my subscription. This is what they originally said to my complaint: The charge/s that have incurred to your account have been clearly indicated on the terms and conditions of the website. When you have provided your card information, it means that you agreed to be bound byall of the Agreement's provisions. I did not see that at all. Good luck.

• Uk
      27th of May, 2010

Dear All,

I am the owner of UK Grants Limited and we are aware of this 'scam'. This company has nothing to do with my business but we are receiving large volumes of enquiries at the moment regarding this. Grants are hard to obtain and there is no QUICK way to access funds. This scam as well as another e-mail scam using our name are going around at the moment. Please ignore all such adverts and emails, as they are not from us and nor are they legitimate. Kind Regards, Ian Heywood, UK Grants Limited (www.uk-grants.co.uk) ... A legitimate grants company!

• Ar
      29th of May, 2010

I just have one question - how can such scammers obtain our email addresses? I mean, I have never searched for any such help, and most certainly I have never allowed anyone to pass on my personal email addresses. Why should I just stand with my mouth shut when my email addresses are available to such scammers? Is there a way to track them down? I would love to use my energy and time to sue them out of their last pence and fraudulent, wretched digninty. Who's ever fault it is must be taken to resposibilty. Presently I'm receiving 5-10 such scam emails per week.

• Un
      26th of Aug, 2010

i got a message on my college email address like that but i didn't answer it because although they had my name and email they didn't have my real address which is the only address that I've ever had so i thought something was wrong with it.

From: charlotta wirt [charlottawirtpf641@yahoo.com]

Message:
    You may be eligible to receive upto 60, 780 GBP in government money that you would NEVER HAVE TO REPAY.
    Complete your application at ukgrants.be

This is the first scam i have got myself but i know several of my friends have had this scam recently as well.

• Ra
      9th of Oct, 2012

I have just investigated ukgrants.org and they are a SCAM. Their website is full of spelling mistakes etc and they even had a hidden page that explains how they ask for you money. AVOID AVOID AVOID. They are looking for your debit/credit card to take money for nothing in return. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CARD DETAILS

• Sk
      14th of Oct, 2014

They are still going and trying the scam using the genuine profile of someone they found on companies house, Grant Research Ltd. Fronted by uk-business-enterprise.com, a poor rogue website & use their financier account Global ID Solutions Ltd. Avoid like the plague!! You have been warned!!