UK & North America Consumer Promotion Draw / SCAM

1 2710 Wycliff RoadRaleigh, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-894-2236

I received a letter & realistic check in the mail from Martin Marietta Inc. located at 2710 Wycliff Road, Raleigh, NC "RE: OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION" States: We are pleased to advise that you are the winner in the "United Kingdom & North America Consumer Promotion Draw organized for all consumers of Wal-Mart, Sears, Staples, Home Depot, Safeway. A Till Slip, with the serial number [protected], attached to one of your purchases drew the lucky numbers 45***** etc. Went on stating that I was entitled to a guaranteed sum of $50, 000 in certified check, which will be delivered by an accredited carrier company.

Tax Officer: Mrs. Barbara Foster
69 Ilford Lane
Birmingham B26 3QJ, United Kingdom
Tax Amt: $2, 750.00 USD
Mthod of pmt. western union or money gram

I called the phone#[protected] and Eric Williams did answer, but as soon as I started asking questions regarding the reality of the notification he hung up on me... SCAM FOR REAL!!!

More UK & North America Consumer Promotion Draw Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ph
      11th of Aug, 2011

Have been associated with Anti-Fraud International, and I received a letter in the exact same format, only the names were changed. Of course they want you to contact their "contact" BEFORE you do anything with their official check (there is a highly undiscernable "watermark" to begin with [RED FLAG]). I assume this is the ruse where you deposit the "check" and then sign, seal and start writing checks AGAINST this one, and when their check never clears, guess who covers the checks you already wrote?

• Da
      27th of Aug, 2011

Received much the same, with different amount on check ($2, 500), different tax amount ($1, 900), different originator (Pacific Finance, Portland OR), different bank (Skagit State, Burlington WA), but the same basic scam. (When I did a Google, this scam-detector site was the first that showed up. Gee!)

• Ab
      13th of Oct, 2011

Ame letter cam to me. first thought was scam and then I called the number and in the back ground sounded like a small office of people in a call center. I started looking up some of the info on the letter. it to had a law ferm on it that matched the header of the letter but the name signed at the bottom didnt come up on their company cite. I looked up the payee for the suppossed tax and the name and address dont exist. scam for sure. I think the scam is for you to send money to them or for them to take money from your checking thorugh the check you deposite into your acount. either way its a scam report it to your bank so they know what to look for. thanks you guys for speaking up.

16th of Mar, 2012

JUST RECEIVED THIS KIND OF LETTER TODAY. I KNEW IT FROM THE START THAT ITS A SCAM. WHY?
    1ST- I KNOW THAT I NEVER EVER ENTERED OR JOINED ANY LOTTERY OR WHATEVER THEIR GAMES ARE.
    2ND- WHY WOULD THEY WANT YOU TO PAY AN AMOUNT FIRST BEFORE THEY GIVE THE MONEY?
    3RD- $50, 000??!!! ..AND THEY WANT YOU TO KNOW YOU WON A MILLION THROUGH MAIL???!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

THANKS FOR THIS SITE THOUGH...

• To
      25th of May, 2012

RECEIVED ALMOST THE SAME LETTER, IT SAID I HAD WON THE DRAWING FOR $50, 000 AND A CHECK ENCLOSED FOR $2500. DO NOT CASH UNTIL YOU TALK TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVE MR. RICHARD SMITH OR MRS. JOY LEE. CALLED THE 866 NUMBER, IT IS NOTD A WORKING NUMBER. CHECKED THE ROUTDING NO. IT WAS JP MORGAN CHASE IN TAMPA FLA. THE ACCT NO. WAS AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT. HERE IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU FALL FOR THIS, YOU CAN DEPOSIT THE CHECK, WIRE THEM THEIR "TAX" MONEY AND THE CHECK WILL BOUNCE PROBABLY UNOUTHORIZED SIGNATURE OR WHAT EVER AND YOU ARE STUCK. "DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, GET IT TO THE BANK AND LET THEM TURN IT OVER TO THEIR FRAUD DEPARTMENT. THE MOST DISAPPOINTING PART WAS I CALLED THE LOCAL FBI OFFICE, THEY BLEW ME OFF, SAID THEY GET SEVERAL CALLS EVERYDAY. THEY DONT CARE!!!