Uk National Lottery / International Courier Services / Suspected online scam

1 Nigeria Review updated:

I suspect something that looks like a kind of Online Scam... I received mails indicating that i am a winner in an online lottery held sometime in September. I would sincerely appreciate if it is duly treated. I also anticipate being mailed proceeds from investigations. Thanks ahead. Below is a paste of the mails:

(A) FROM THE UK NATIONAL LOTTERY
via "British National Lottery" <sir_walterbrown87@adelphia.net> Mon, 1 Oct 2007 18:34:53 -0700

Dear Winner,
You are a winner of the UK National lottery online program that was
held on the 30th of September 2007. You have been approved to claim a
lump sum of £550,000.00 (Five Hundred and fifty Thousand Great British
Pounds ) in cash credited to file KTU/[protected]/03.

Contact our claims agent by email.

Mr. Walter Brown
Claims Department
The UKNL Foundation
Email:walterbrown_claimsagent@yahoo.co.uk

Provide her with the following information to claim your prize

Full Name: Residence address: Phone Number: Country: Sex: Age: Occupation:

Congratulations On behalf of all members of the Lottery foundation.
Yours Truly,
Sir. walterbrown.
Co-ordinator

(B) MY REPLY AFTER THE ABOVE MAIL via socrayhte@yahoo.com Tue, 2 Oct 2007 01:33:56 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Mr Walter,
Good morning today. Using the opportunity to wish you a beautiful day too.
I have an issue that causes me to bother and that is in relation to a mail i received this morning with a UK National Lottery Winner header. It also states an amount credited to a file detail with a set of alphanumerical that resembles an account number value.

I sincerely would be very grateful if i can be well detailed as regards this as the mail requests me to mail you being the Claims Agent.

Till i read from you, do have a splendid week.

Osibeluwo John-Praise O.

(A1) REPLY TO MY ABOVE REPLY(B)
via "SIR WALTER BROWN" <walterbrown_claimsagent@yahoo.co.uk> Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:24:29 +0100 (BST)
The National Lottery logo

Customer Service/Claims Department

Ref: :UK/NDU/[protected]/03
Batch: 074/05/ZY369

ATTN: Osibeluwo John-Praise O,

I want to inform you that your verification details have been received and have been processed. I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our lucky winners in the UK National Lottery Online Sweepstakes International Program.

As you already know, all participants for the online version were selected randomly from the World Wide Web through a computer draw system and extracted from over 1,000,000 unions, associations and corporate bodies that are listed online and each email address was attatched to a ticket number. Your email address attatched to Serial number 5368/02 was selected which automatically makes you one of our lucky winners.

Your funds have been approved for release and we will begin the process of remittance of your prize money to you immediately. I have contacted the UK National Lottery Advisory Board and The Internal Revenue Board on this matter and we have decided to send your winning parcel which contains your certified bank cheque, original copies of your winning certificate, consolation prizes which include a Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop, a UK Lottery Branded T-shirt, a UK Lottery Branded Baseball cap and security Documents via a secured and efficient courier service.

We have also contacted our affiliate Courier Company International Courier Systems{ICS} and have directed them to pick up your winning parcel from the National Head Quaters.

Do note, that sequel to UK Lottery Acts 249(n) of 1972 ammended in July, 1996 to ensure the actual winning prize get to Winners, the Courier charges cannot be deducted from your winning claims because your winning claim is bonded by a hard cover insurance policy that gives only the winner access to the prize money.

Hence you will be responsible for all costs incurred in mailing your winning parcel to you.

Please forward your Name and Ticket number to The Client Services Manager, International Courier Systems{ICS}and he will get to you as soon as your winning parcel is ready for delivery.

Mr. James B Williams

Congratulations once again,

Sir Walter Brown
Claims Department
The UKNL Foundation

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned !!!

© Copyright [protected] The U.K. National Lottery Inc.
You must be 16 or over to play or claim a prize

(B1) MY REPLY TO (A1) ABOVE via socrayhte@yahoo.com Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Sir Walter,
I got your mail and as much happy and extremely lucky as i would have loved to feel, i am almost getting a little confused save to say lost in the middle of my luck.

I had reasons to revisit the first mail i received and observed that i probably missed out giving you some very vital details.

I tender them as follows:
Full Name: Osibeluwo John-Praise Oladiipo

Residence Address: 1B JD Gomwalk Way, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria,
W. Africa.

Phone number: +[protected]

Country: Nigeria

Sex: Male

Age: 27

Occupation: Fresh Graduate.

Please if i could make further enquiries, with respect to the last mail you sent me which i am supposed to use as reference to mailing The ICS, i would love to find out which of the numbers represents my Ticket Number( The Ref, The Batch or the file number detail that the cash was credited to). I addition to your next reply, i would love to know if it might be necessary to inform The ICS Courier Service which Courier Service(s) that i think operates as standard in my country or do i leave it to their prudent experience and judgement?

I appreciate your patience and as well anticipate your favourable reply. Once again, Thanks!

Osibeluwo John-Praise O.

(A2) REPLY TO (B1) ABOVE via "SIR WALTER BROWN" <walterbrown_claimsagent@yahoo.co.uk>
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:33:59 +0100 (BST)
ATTN: Osibeluwo John-Praise O.

Thanks for your swift response to our mail, sequel to your mail this is to inform you that you are to send the ref numb,batch numb.and the file number to the courier company for verification.

Note that your winning parcel is set for delivery to your country NIGERIA so you are to act fast in contacting them.with your winning informations.

Regards
Sir Walter Brown

(B2) REPLY TO (A2) ABOVE via "john-praise o." <socrayhte@yahoo.com>
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:52:27 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Sir Walter,
I just got your reply and i'm well appreciative of it. Thanks.

I shall do well to mail the courier service The ref, Batch and File data.

I honestly do hope to be indeed lucky. At least i would have by such no excuse not to further my academic pursuits.

I kindly ask you to accept my detailing you with my progress so far especially since you have being in some way become connected to both my luck and success.

Thanks Ahead.

Osibeluwo John-Praise

(B3) MAIL I SENT TO THE International Courier Servicces(ICS) Client Manager
via "john-praise o." <socrayhte@yahoo.com>Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mr James Williams,
I have been in contact with the person of Sir Walter Brown. I recieved mails from him regarding my being a winner in The UK National Lottery.

He requests that i send to you (The Client Service Manager, International Courier Systems) the following details of my data for verification.

Full Name: Osibeluwo John-Praise Oladiipo

Ref Number: UK/NDU/[protected]/03

Batch Number: 074/05/ZY369

File Number: KTU/[protected]/03

I would appreciate answering any form(s) of question(s) as regards anything relating to any other inquiries needed.

Hoping to read soonest from you. Do have a splendid night and a lovely week ahead.

(A3) REPLY RESULTING FROM (B3) MAIL ABOVE
via "ics courier" <icsdelivery_icsdelivery@yahoo.co.uk> Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:39:21 +0100 (BST)
Customer/Delivery Services Department
ICS Parcel Office locations (England)
London NW (linked to ICS Park Royal Terminal)
ICS UK Ltd. 5 Bashley Road 0 Park Royal
London NW10 6SD
tel +447 [protected]
tel +[protected]

Email: icsdelivery_icsdelivery@yahoo.co.uk

ATTN : Osibeluwo John-Praise Oladiipo,

Welcome to International Courier Systems(ICS). We are a private courier company that ensures a safe, sound and secure delivery of your parcels, making sure you get them when expected.

Your package containing your cheque, original copy of your certificate and security documents alongside your consolation prizes have been picked up from the UK National Lottery Foundation head office and is ready for despatch.

Kindly provide us with the information requested below accurately to help us deliver your package as the information provided will be used to contact you and the address provided is where your winning package will be shipped to. When This is done you will be issued a tracking number with which you will be able to monitor your package online.

Contact Name:

Residential Address:

City:

State:

Postal Code:

Country:

Telephone Ext.:

Number of Packages: 1 PKT

Parcel Description: Certified Bank Cheque, Original Copies of Certificates, A Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop, A UK Lottery Branded T-shirt, A UK Lottery Branded Baseball cap and Security Documents.
Delivery time :...anytime after 10 a.m...................( time of recipient's availability)

Service Options: You are required to select a service option below.

GOLD DELIVERY

CLASSIC DELIVERY(3DAYS) Shipping &Handling = £175.00

Insurance Cover = £200. 00

Value Added Tax = £15.75

Total = £390.75

If you need a currency converter, click on the link below:

Currency Converter http://www.xe.com

Be informed that we do not operate a cash on delivery service for packages of this nature because of the required insurance.

Note that your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that the above charges cannot be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by you before your prize delivery.

On acknowledgement of this email, I will furnish you with information on how to make the required payments for the cost of delivery.

ALSO SCAN TO THIS OFFICE YOUR DRIVERS LINCENCE FOR IT WILL BE NEEDED UPON DELIVERY.

Thanks for your patronage.

Mr. James B Brown
Client Services Manager.
(dispatch officer)
Management.
International Courier Systems{ICS}

Comments

Ol
  12th of Oct, 2007

I also received this kind of scan on Tuesday with the same courier service that I won one million British pound and a BMW car. There has been contact since and now I was told told to pay certain fee for delivery of my prize.
Please I will like to know if such promotion exist (i.e BMWpromotion) and the authentication of ICS as a courier service in u.k.

Ni
  23rd of Nov, 2007

I also received the same kind of Online scam... Indicating that I am a winner...

Ni
  13th of Dec, 2007

Even I got the mail from same courier company & I replied for that mail thinking this is genuine mail, but then i got around 20 of same mails from different companies, then i thought these all mails are fake & verified their authenticity & i came to know that these all are scammers so I request to the readers dont reply for such mails.

Ki
  15th of Jan, 2008

TNT COURIER SERVICE (TNT)
Customer/Delivery Services Department

Email: tnt_deptcourier@yahoo.co.uk
Web: www.tnt.com

ORDER NUMBER: AT4532678BT

Attn : Valued Customer,

Welcome to TNT Deliveries. Thank you for choosing TNT courier we are a diplomatic courier company that ensures a safe, sound and secure delivery of your parcels, making sure you get them when expected. This is to inform you that we are in possession of a certified cheque and a lottery winning certificate which is to be couriered to you. You are to confirm your alternative mailing address to enable us dispatch your parcel immediately.

Your parcel containing your cheque of Seven Hundred and Fifty Three Thousand,Four Hundred and Thirty Seven Pound Sterling, the original copies of your winning certificate, alongside with consolation prizes which include a Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop, a UK Lottery Branded T-shirt, a UK Lottery Branded Baseball cap together with a covering document (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the British government stating that the money was obtained legally through their National Lottery. Your cheque and consolation prizes have been picked up from the UK National Lottery Foundation head office and is ready for dispatch.

Kindly provide us with the information requested below accurately to help us deliver your package as the information provided will be used to contact you and the address provided is where your winning package will be shipped to. The charges are a little bit high because of the Hardcover insurance Policy we have undertaken incase of loss,Damage or Theft of your highly sensitive document and funds. We assume all responsibilities incase of any eventualities and we don't deliver on cash on delivery(C.O.D) because we don't accept cash.

Contact Name:

Residential Address:

City:

State:

Postal Code:

Country:

Telephone Ext.:

Service Options: You are required to select a service option below.

PARCEL DELIVERY INVOICE

INSURANCE (CCI) £ 375 £ 320 £ 230
VALUED ADDED TAX £ 105 £ 80 £ 50
TOTAL COST (GBP) £ 805 £ 655 £ 441
TOTAL COST (USD) $1,610 $1,276 $ 888

Please respond to this email by making a selection from the three ptions above. On acknowledgement of this email, I will furnish you with information on how to make the required payments. We have received instructions from the Lottery Board that all winnings not claimed after one month should be considered forfeited as it shall be sent back to their headquarter where it shall be reused for this year's promotion. However you must be quite aware that we only operate on pay before delivery. Please send your response within the next 24hrs to this same email address

We are glad to be of service to you!

Best Regards,

MR.RICHARD FROST
Client Service Manager
TNT COURIER SERVICE.

Ce
  23rd of Jan, 2008

I rceived the same emails from the NAtional Lottery and TNT Mr. Richard Frost. I hope you can do something to stop these scams. Thanks

Iv
  25th of Jan, 2008

i also received the same email. i don't know this email is true or not, if it is not true please tell me. thanks!

Ro
  30th of Jan, 2008

i also received the same email from UK lottery and also on from italian lottery, i knew this is a scam. it is just too good to be true! there is no way i am going to send them any money! i hope this scam will stop.

Ta
  6th of Feb, 2008

I also received same email. Could you pls confirm me that it's true or not. How can we belive in UK National Lottery. I think it would be scam.

Thanks.

Ma
  7th of Feb, 2008

I also received the same email from 5 days ago. I don't know this email is true or not. UK National Lottery is true or just scam.

Regards

Sh
  8th of Feb, 2008

Hello, I also have received this email, please contact if it is true or not.

Sh
  8th of Feb, 2008

I send copies of my identification, please communicate that danger can run with this, I am Colombian.

De
  15th of Feb, 2008

hello Mr. Frost:
i received an email from british national lottery, they told me to claim a prize, but im not very sure if this is for real or not, that is too good to be true , i have to send them some money for the delivery.
please contact me and let me know
dennyse

Np
  21st of Feb, 2008

I have also received 25 mails that i have won in the UK Lottery. Kindly confirm whether it is true or not.

Ba
  22nd of Feb, 2008

I also receive same email from uk national lottery, could you please confirm me tha it's true or not. How can i belive this mail. I think it would be scam. Please contact me. Let me know.

With regards,
A.Basheer.

23rd of Feb, 2008

i receive the same mail from uk national lottery and after i answer that i got mail from tnt courier service.plz let me know abt it.is it a scam or real?

Sa
  5th of Mar, 2008

Respected,

This is santosh Ithape. Lucky winner of uk lottery. My complaint is that,can you deduct transformation cost from my winning money. I can't send transfer money because currently i am student. So, Help me Aobut this problem.

God Bless You.

Pr
  9th of Mar, 2008

Hi i am pravin from india , few days back i had received the same email from uk lottery department and they were asking for some courier charges for the final dispatch of the prize . I feel all this is scammer because all the conversation was through email in the above format and i tried to call on the given number but i couln'nt get through that number .

I would request the uk government to find the authencity of this company.

If any one get to know contact me on my above mention email id please

Many thanks

Na
  10th of Mar, 2008

hello

I received las month the same thing and the manager has called me and say its treu, but I dont no if its treu. So if someone know anything please give me a advice because i am a student and I cant send money for them becease i cantt believe it.

Thanks

Ha
  10th of Mar, 2008

This is the message I received 5 days ago, please verify if this is for real or scam!! and how people can do this to others using your name and tademark and causing us headaches and a lot of hassle!!!

Subject: NOKIA 4780: FILL THE INFORMATION

To:
Date: March, 2008.

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE SWEEPSTAKES. My names are Dr. Jose Luis. I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 5780 Nokia Mobile Anniversary we rolled out over ?16,000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Euros) for our 1758 Nokia Mobile Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia , New Zealand , North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Central Europe .

On behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.

.....................................................................................................................................
FILL THE INFORMATION BELOW AND SEND IT TO US ON TIME

STATE:
COUNTRY:
TELEPHONE:
FAX NUMBER:

As soon as you send your information to us by Email these will enable us start your Verification Procedure from our Verification Office here in Europe .
Yours faithfully,
Dr. Jose Luis
TelFax: +34- 691-928-126
Copyright ?2008 Nokia. All rights reserved.

Ro
  16th of Mar, 2008

that is happenig to me.. i send my adresss many times.. please help meeee