Uk National Lottery Headquarters / I am being scammed for money!

I was told I won the UK online Lottery and would be sent my check in the amount of 1.1 million us dollars, via of courier, but I have to pay for the courier in the amount of $836.50 us dollars to the courier company. All my investigating tells me this is an ongoing scam. However my e-mail contains a picture and names and addresses so why can't the authorities catch the persons doing this? My winnings include check for 1.1 million us dollars a laptop a lottery shirt and cap. What is the deal...

More Uk National Lottery Headquarters Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• De
      18th of Jul, 2007

I was told that I had won from the UK National Lottery and that your package containing your cheque have been picked up from the UK National Lottery headquarters and is ready for dispatch from the International Courier Systems, 12 ground floor, amburst service, London E8 2BT, United Kingdom. I checked out the courier services and they are legitimate, but why would a reputable courier services be a part of a scam as this.

• Mr
      4th of Nov, 2007

I was told I won the UK online Lottery and would be sent my check in the amount of 1.1 million us dollars, via of courier, but I have to pay for the courier in the amount of $836.50 us dollars to the courier company. All my investigating tells me this is an ongoing scam. However my e-mail contains a picture and names and addresses so why can't the authorities catch the persons doing this? My winnings include check for 1.1 million us dollars a laptop a lottery shirt and cap. What is the deal???

• Ka
      6th of Nov, 2007

I received a mail which I am lottery winner in your company. Let me know is it true or false mail.

Thanking you,
    k.kamali.

• Do
      6th of Nov, 2007

I, too, have received similar emails informing me having won 300000£.

Can't any thing be done to these people?

Donga.

• Ra
      14th of Nov, 2007

This is the original text of the message I received from the UK Lottery Board, I identified it as a scam when I observed the e-mail address at the bottom of this message, Please try to get to the bottom of this scam, and arrest the person(s) doing this?.

Regards,

London SE3 8RZ
    England.
    Dear Winner,
    CONSOLATION WINNER NOTICE
    We wish to congratulate and inform you on the selection of your email coupon number which was selected among the 6 lucky consolation prize
    winners Your email ID identified with coupon No. PBL2348974321 and was selected by our E-games Random Selection System (ERSS) with entries from the 50,000 different email addresses enrolled for the E-game.you have been awarded the sum of (£2,600,000)You are to contact the claims agent with the following details for the release of your winnings.
    Claims Requirements:

Mrs. Monical Walter
    (Group Coordinator)

• Vi
      16th of Nov, 2007

I have received an e-mail claiming that my e-mail address was picked to win the UK National Lottery. It states that I have won 850,000.00 pounds sterling. It wants me to respond with the winning numbers of 2-18-31-38-39-46-(42). It wants me to respond to Bar. Richald Huke. It is signed Fred Thomson Claims Dept. British Lottery. It included a phone number 447031966670 and a address of Lottery Company PO Box 789 Harrogate. I have never entered in any lottery or contest in the UK. I am a citizen of the United States of America. I am sure that this is some sort of scam. Please confirm.

Victoria Moynihan

• Ts
      19th of Nov, 2007

I have received the very similar letter (I am from Russia):

От кого: ukloto24@aol.in
    Дата: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:30:09 -0500
    Тема:
    CONGRATULATIONS YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS HAS WON £950,000.00 (NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS)
    UK National Lottery.
    8 LOWER MALL, HAMMERSMITH.
    Liverpool, L70 1NL UNITED KINGDOM.

THIS MESSAGE IS FROM THE PROMOTION MANAGER,
    INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT
    UK NATIONAL LOTTERY.
    DEAR WINNING NOTIFICATION

All Participants were selected through a
    computer ballot system drawn from (6.500,000) email
    addresses of individuals and companies from all part
    of the world as part of our electronic business
    Promotions lottery held here in uk london
    (ENGLAND). Attached to a free ticket.

Note that your email address qualified for the draw,
    as a result of you visiting various websites we are
    running the E-business promotions for You/Your
    Company email address.

We therefore approved you a lump sum pay out of
    £950,000.00 (NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS) in cash,which is the winning pay-out for Second category
    winners.
    This is from the total of £2.47,000.000.00 pounds
    sterlings shared among the (26) international lucky
    winners who won on the 16 NOVEMBER,2007, your
    ticket number is attached to it,

Please be informed that your fund of £950,000.00
    pounds sterling is insured in the email address
    which won you this prize, therefore you should
    contact your claims agent and give him your full
    names so that he will re-insure your winning
    CERTIFICATE and CHEQUE under your full names.you have
    to hurry up and contact him immediately.

To begin your claim,please contact your claims agent.

.FINAL PRIZE AWARD NOTIFICATION.

Further more your details (winning numbers) falls
    within our Afican representative office in
    Africa, as indicated Your play coupon,
    your prize of ( £950,000.00) will be released to you
    through our head branch office in(africa) from the(UNION BANK PLC) where your email payment centre falls in.

This is part of our international promotions draws
    according to the second category winners of this
    lottery promotion.

NOTE:Due to mix up of some numbers and names, you
    are advised to keep your winning information
    confidential until your claims has been processed and
    your money remitted to your nominated bank. This is
    part of our security protocol to avoid double claims
    and unwarranted abuse of this programme by some
    participants.

All participants where selected through a
    computer/mail balloting system drawn from (6.500,000)
    Email addresses from Canada, Australia, United States,
    Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part
    of our international promotions program which is
    conducted annually. This Lottery was promoted and
    sponsored by a conglomorate of some multinational
    companies and also the united kingdom Government.

WINNING DATE:16 NOVEMBER,2007.

Winning numbers for Lotto #893 (1, 4, 7, 10, 16,23 ,26)

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY AGENT

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY
    MR RICHARD K. LIOYD.

• Ts
      19th of Nov, 2007

This is the next letter.

От кого: unionbankplc_nig@aol.in

INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE
    # NO.1 BANK ROAD WUSE FCT ABUJA-NIGERIA
    PHONE:+2348039680013
    DATE:19TH NOVEMBER,2007

(EXCHANGE CONTROL INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE)

ATTENTION:...Radnayev,Tsydyp Edingovich ......
    We the staff of this bank congratulates you on your approval and having submitted the correct answer to our official questions.

We have received your mail, and all the contents were well undertsood.You are required to pay the transfer fee of $450.

............YOUR BANK DETAILS.........

beneficiary: /30109978400000148501

BAIKALBANK, ULAN-UDE, RUSSIA

in favor of: Radnayev Tsydyp Edingovich

acc.: 615653

................THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO...................
    1. Rush down to Western Union Money Transfer and send the Transfer fee of $450 dollars. Below is the name of our accounting officer.MR.RUBEN VICTOR

2.Scan and send the payment slip given to you by western Union Money transfer for confirmation of the payment.

3.KEEP THE PAYMENT RECIEPT FROM WESTERN UNION CONFIDENTIAL TO AVIOD DOUBLE CLAIMING OF FUND.

THIS IS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO AFTER YOU PAY $450.

1.We undergo a lot of process to make sure that we do not release or transfer this winning money into the hands of terrorist, and we expect you to make this payment immediately. We do not deduct the Transfer fee from the amount won,because it has not being processed for payout ,and so nobody has the right to touch it.

2.Secondly we have to process ,issue a certificate of winning and a copy of the certificate is to be sent to your bank and these you will use to withdraw the money.

3.This is why the transfer fee is being paid, to enable us do that.Please note, you have the right to reject the offer.For any question concerning the UK lottery , feel free to contact Your Claims Agent for more information.

The transfer fee is $450 dollars only and as soon as we confirm the transfer we shall transfer your fund into your account within 24hrs. Without any further delay.

You are required to rush down to Western Union Money Transfer and send the Transfer fee of $450 dollars. Below is the name of our accounting officer.

RECEIVERS NAME: RUBEN VICTOR

RECEIVER ADREES: # NO.1 BANK ROAD WUSE FCT ABUJA-NIGERIA
    TEXT QUESTION....WHAT FOR.

TEXT ANSWER.....2007.

AMOUNT TO BE SENT.....$450USD.

< font size="2">
    THANK'S FOR YOUR CO-OPPERATION.
    LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR URGENT RESPONSE..
    Sincerely Your's,

Online Banking

WERE IS THE INTERPOL???

• Lo
      21st of Nov, 2007

I think its a scam. I too just received an email claiming I too won the lottery. My letter is worded just as the others have posted but with different names. I find it hard to believe that I would have to pay anyone anything to claim my so called "wining money". Here is another thing why did I not get anything in the mail. I requested information to be sent through the mail and not my email. I don't think they will send it through the mail because I think it's a federal offense. (I think, not sure) But that just goes to show that it is a scam. If it was real they would be able to send a certified letter claiming that I had officially won this lottery i never entered. I don't think any law exist for online scams and that is why they are able to cheat and scam people online and take our hard earned money.

21st of Nov, 2007

This is terrible and something really needs to be done about these lies. I knew it was a scam which is why I did my research. I prayed to God not to let me do something like send these people the money they requested. They even had someone called and talked with me and assured me it was legit. I am very upset and these people need to be stopped. I pray real soon because they are stealing people money. Also be aware they will send a phoney so called letter of guarentee which looks real but its all a part of the scam.

• El
      25th of Nov, 2007

I have read all the above complaints and concur that I have received a similar letter from UK NATIONAL LOTTERY. I appreciate all your inputs. They have helped to remove any doubts that the letter is a scam.

29th of Nov, 2007

I Too have received this email more than once. they tell you that you have won then tell you that the money is in South Africa bank and a cost has to be paid to get document to collect it because of some international law. So i tell then to deduct the cost from my winning and send me the balance, i am awaiting their respond. I will keep you updated if they respond.

• Di
      30th of Nov, 2007

I too received a similar UK National Lottery Winning offer to me. Do we contact these people above, maybe someone has received the lottery monies. That has not been told. Contact me, because what if this is on the up and up. It may be, I'm neutral until someone says "Yes" I paid the cost the the courier and this is what happened. Did they get the money or not. We need to hear the conclusion of these above complaints.

Dianna.

• Hs
      3rd of Dec, 2007

I was sent the very same letter, and I decided to call the National Lottery Headquarters Customer Service number: +44 70 31 96 4429 which was busy. Since they informed me that the agent in their South African office will "commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize." Ladies & Gents, this is a scam as anything from Africa especially dealing with money is a scam altogether. I have heard of other types of scam generating from there where they send you a bogus check to deposit into your account, but you must withdraw a small percent and wire it back to them.

Don't bother with replying as that only opens up your email to the potential of more scams. There is no such thing as free money especially if you don't even remember entering it. The money may look good, but it is not real, however, the money you part with to get it is real and it is yours.

• Al
      21st of Dec, 2007

Hello everybody, My name`s Liliana and I live in La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

3 days ago i received a mail where it was written i had won 1.000.000 pounds in the UK National Lottery. Aparently my e-mail was selected between 250.000 e-mails and bla bla bla. It is absolutely difficult to believe, don´t you think so?

Today i received a mail from Scarlet Couriers where i am noticed i have to chose an option among four classes of delivery and i have to pay since 540 pounds to 470 pounds. Of course i do not have that summ of money. Unfortunatelly i'm a poor woman, it`s impossible to me to save money in a bank since i am alone to grow three children.

Allow me to tell you that it is very weird and unfortunatelly i already sent all my personal details and nobody contacted me by phone to tell about this important prize or whatever. I would like to know if this whole story is true or false, could you please help me?

It `s very extrange the idea to ask for money in the internet telling people that they become millonaire and remember please i m from Buenos Aires Argentina.

Is this possible that people could believe all this fantasy and finally they send their money to these creep people?
    best regards.

Liliana,
    sinceresly yours.

• Gh
      24th of Dec, 2007

Hi! It is a definitlivy scam. Don't belive this information and save your money. If you will pay, you will pay your stupidity. I has payed my. Thanks.

• Vi

MOTTO: PROMOTING GLOBAL USE OF THE INTERNET
    UK ONLINE NOTIFICATION DESK,GOVERNMENT ACCREDITED LICENSED
    UK ONLINE INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY IS REGISTERED UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT OF 1998
    (Registration Z720633X)

United Kingdom
    Draw: N0:840
    Dear Winner,
    DETAILS ABOUT YOUR WINNINGS

All participants for this online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through the computer draw system extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online. This promotion takes place yearly. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of (£1,500,000.00 pounds) One Million Five Hundred Thousand pounds in cash credited to file [HJX/2249/07].

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claims and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.

For payment, please do provide the following information and send back immediately.

Let me know is it true or false mail.

pls give information about this lottery!!!!!!!!

• Ga
      9th of Jan, 2008

AN EMAIL I JUST RECIVED RANG THE NUMBER AND SOMEONE ANSWERED.......

2008 AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION‏
    From: UK INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY (ukadmin@uknationlotto.org)
    Sent: 04 January 2008 21:25:17
    Reply-to: clamward@yahoo.cn
    To:

Dear Winner,We are pleased to inform you that as a result of our recent UKNATIONAL LOTTERY DRAWS (#669) held on the 20th of December, 2007.Youre-mail addressattached to ticket number: 82689846671030 with serial number 009/01whichconsequently won in the category "D" with the following Winning Numbers8,10,13,22,32,38 Bonus No. 4. You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of?2,500,000.00 POUNDS STERLING.{Two Million Five Hundred Thousand Poundssterling}.Note that all participants in thislottery program have been selected randomly througha computer ballot system drawn from over 200,000 companies and30,000,000 individual email addresses from all search engines and websites.This program is strictly for international participants ONLY! You have to send following details in order to fascilitate theprocessing andrelease of your winning.Name: ..............................Nationality:........................Country of residence: ..............Tel number: ........................Occupation: ........................Sex: ...............................Age:................................Winning E-mail Address:.............Draw Number:........................Amount Won:.........................Ticket Number:......................Winning Numbers:....................Serial Number:...................... This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claims andunwarrantedabuse of this program by some winners.You arerequested to contact your claims officer Mr. Hendrik Rykaad,to assistyouwith theprocessing of your winnings and subsequent payments.--------------------------------------------Phone: +447031967576Fax: +447005938279Mr. Hendrik RykaadEmail:ukglobclam@yahoo.de-------------------------------------------- Yours Truly,Harry James.Congratulations! Your E-mail Address Won In Our Sweepstakes.

9th of Jan, 2008

I HAVE RECEIVED AN EMAIL THAT I HAVE WON AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT FROM UK NATIONAL LOTTERY THAT I THINK IT IS FRAUGHT BECAUSE I DID NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY.

JAYANTA.

• Mo
      9th of Jan, 2008

Hey!!! Look what I won, come on people if you believe this kind of stuff then you deserve to continue to get this kind of stuff in your email. How can you take this so serious. If your stupid enough to send the money that they ask you for then shame on you.
    (Hey if this is for real and anybody helps me collect I'll pay you handsomly)

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY (HEADQUARTERS)
    The National lottery.
    16 Kempsford road, GL7 4WZ,
    London. England,
    UNITED KINGDOM.

Date: 9th of January,2008.

TICKET NUMBER: 74454774

Batch number BT-4478474121P.

Your email address attached to the ticket number: 74454774 that drew
    the
    lucky winning numbers which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd
    category i.e match 5 plus bonus.
    You have been approved for a payment
    of £800,000.00 POUNDS (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND Pounds Sterling.) in
    cash
    credited to file reference number: UKL/K5998/U4.

This is from a total cash prize of Eight million pounds shared among

the ten international winners in first
    categories.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn
    from 50,000 (Fifty thousand) names of email users around the world, as
    part of our international promotion program. Due to mixed up of some
    names and addresses,we ask that you keep this award personal, till
    your
    claims has been processed and your funds remitted to you.This is
    part of our security measures to avoid double claiming or unwarranted
    taking
    advantage of the situation by other participants or impersonators,You
    are
    to contact our accredited agent for your winnings.

MR.MARTIN SPENCER.
    UNITED KINGDOM LOTTERY CLAIMS AGENT.
    UK NATIONAL LOTTERY SECURITY AGENCY.

Email: martinspencer_uklotteryclaims@yahoo.co.uk

Tel:+447024068137
    Fax:+448704791170

He is your agent, and responsible for the processing and transfer of
    your winnings to you. YOUR SECURITY FILE NUMBER IS

Z-90237-Y°67/U4(keep personal) Remember, your winnings must be
    claimed
    not later than
    (30th of January, 2008)

In other to file for your claim,you have to Contact your Lottery Agent
    with the following information and fill out this

form;

6.OCCUPATION:
    7.TELEPHONE(HOME):
    8.TELEPHONE(MOBILE):
    9.FAX:

Our Lottery agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate
    the
    release of your funds as soon as you contact him. You may wish to
    establish contact via e-mail with the particulars

presented above citing the batch and reference numbers to this letter.

Please note that you are to select between this two optionsfor the
    delivery or transfer of your winnings to you.

a) DELIVERY OF CHEQUE VIA COURIER:

(b)CONTACT THE TRANSFERRING BANK & TRANSFER OF

YOUR WINNINGS INTO YOUR
    ACCOUNT IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY:

Choose one of the options and inform your agent about this option.

Our winners are assured of the utmost
    standards of confidentiality, and press anonymity until the end of
    proceedings, and beyond where they so desire. Be further advised to
    maintain the strictest level of confidentiality until the end of
    proceedings to circumvent problems associated with fraudulent claims.
    This
    is part of our precautionary
    measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.

Goodluck from me and the entire staff of the UK LOTTERY.

Yours faithfully,
    Miss. Mary R. Kerns.
    Online coordinator for UK NATIONAL LOTTERY
    Sweepstakes International Program.
    Copyright © 1994-2007 The UK National Lottery Inc.
    All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Guidelines.