UK Mystery Shopper Employment Agency / FALSE ADVERTISING

1 64 Borough high Street, London Bridge, London SE1 1XFLondon, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: none provided

£39.10 was deducted from my banking account on 24 November 2009. I have never had a username or password from this company.
EXTRACT FROM THEIR ADVERTISING
If you have trouble logging in or if you didn't receive your username and password, please email us at support

I have been e-mailing this company that does not provide any contact telephone number since January 2010 to 13 August 2010. Karen Somers who is the head of this company has failed to respond to any of my e-mails. I was told several times that I would receive a refund by Kevin Connelly and he finally rejected my refund and has since not contacted me. This company has falsely advertised on their deliveries. eg. I had one e-mail from an Anne Sturtivant asking me if I would like to go to a chip shop and spend £10, they would refund me £5, but my travel would be £5 pounds to get there and back. How can one honestly make money like this, does this even make sense to anyone out there and I have an e-mail from her confirming that is how they work. So basically you are gaining nothing but wasting your time and money doing a survey. I cannot believe that these people are allowed to advertise a website like this where they are cheating people out of money.

Tr

Comments

• Fr
      18th of Feb, 2011

I am so glad I found this site I have just been targeted by Karen Somers and you saved me £22.00 from my bank account.
    fcmclennan@hotmail.com

6th of Mar, 2011

Anne Sturtivant works for MarketChecker Ltd and has nothing whatsoever to do with this company or Karen Somers. I consider this to be libelous and in need of immediate correction.

• Va
      6th of Mar, 2011

Who are MarketChecker? I joined today...I have no history or credibility. Hmmmm...! Assumption, enough said.

• Va
      6th of Mar, 2011

On a side note, I would love visit Cheshire. You guys make lovely cheese!

7th of Mar, 2011

Tracy P is confusing different companies and I have asked for her defammatory comments towards me to be removed. May I stress again that MarketChecker Ltd have absolutely nothing to do with the "UK Mystery Shopper Employment agency". MarketChecker Ltd are based in Cheshire. We never charge registration fees and we DO NOT issue user names or passwords to anyone. Who are MarketChecker? We are here www.marketchecker.co.uk Thank you.
    PS - Thanks for your compliments re Cheshire Cheese!

• Tr
      7th of Mar, 2011

The point here is that you advertise a FREE Mystery Shop, but that's not true at all. How can my comments be defamatory when I have your e-mails in black and white? I may have got the two companies mixed up but the point is, you are still ripping off the public by putting them out of pocket and advertising that it's within their best interest when actually it's in your best interest. The word free means 'at no cost', look it up.

7th of Mar, 2011

We are not "ripping off the public" nor advertising anything that is false.
    The Free Mystery Shop is TRUE and available for prospective clients - this has nothing to do with mystery shoppers.
    The assignments to which you are referring pay a £5 fee, PLUS expenses of up to £10. If you consider this not to be worth your while, then obviously you do not accept the assignment. It could be that your address on our system is not up to date, as we certainly wouldn't expect anyone to travel any distance for the fee involved. At no time would be expect any of our 30, 000 shoppers to be out of pocket. We run a completely straight, honest business and offer the best value we can to our clients and the best fees we can to our shoppers. You appear to have perhaps misread the email, in addition to mixing us up with other companies who charge shoppers fees to register, which we do not and never would.
    If you would care to email me directly, I can update your details on our system, or remove your details from our emailing list if this is your preference.

7th of Mar, 2011

Quote "I cannot believe that these people are allowed to advertise a website like this where they are cheating people out of money". This IS defammatory. MarketChecker Ltd are NOT advertising on any website, nor are we "cheating people out of money". The facts need to be corrected immediately and a full retraction made.

• Ke
      9th of Jul, 2011

Are you a mystery shopper in the UK? Well if you are not and no-one is in
    your household you are missing out. REPUTABLE UK COMPANIES DO NOT CHARGE UPFRONT EVER...
    Why miss out on money for your views and opinions

• Why miss out on writing a blog for £25

• Why miss out on your address being commissioned for £5

• Weekly competitions and surveys enter as you like 1, 2 or all you decide

• All this and the mystery shopping jobs on offer as well

• Click on the link to earn a supplementary income and start earning straight away. http://myconsumerintel.co.uk/account.aspx?t=X&r=dbe8dc8f-9aa6-41bb-9740-e68eb5064695.