uk lottery board / lottery win

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

i recieved an email saying i had won £517k through the uk lottery board and in order to get my winnings i was to email 'TNT' courier services as i had to pay for the delivery of the 'package' the details are as follows

1) i was emailed from brc.ferguson@gmail.com (claims agent) informing me of my 'win' and was to contact TNT

2)TNT - i was to contact a mr gary redknapp at tntukdelivery@hotmail.com or ring [protected]/[protected] to arrange payment type
The address of the TNT depot was given as:
Bedfordshire. LU3 3AN, UK

3) also i asked that when payment was to be made it is to be done through a western union agent by the name of Patricia Scholes at the same address as TNT.

I realise you have many complaints but they all seem to be with overseas contact details and thought you may be interested in this one as it is within the UK and maybe it could be investigated by the police.

thanks
c.batham

Comments

• Ra
      16th of Aug, 2008

we have also receieved such type of email regarding winning of prize and send some amount legal fees is correct or frued

• De
      17th of Sep, 2008
    uk lottery board - uk lottery
    ivzag

I too have received repeated notices of winning the email U.K. Lottery from such groups at Camelot Group, British Tobacco OnLine Promo, etc. They're driving me nuts. How do you know if they're for real? PUZZLED?

• Su
      18th of Sep, 2008

my name is suman chakraborty
    i m the winner of 250000 euro that the one of the agent from UK NATIONAL LOTTERY told me i also send emails as per their requirements after they told me to select the courier option and i selected the option of 600 pounds and they also told me that they will send a courier cheque by a courier agent for which i manage the 600 pounds and they also told me i will get courier in 3(working days) but after three days i got email that i have to send the money to them be before to claim the prize but i told i will pay the fees to courier agent when i will have the courier from courier agent but they neglect about that and he told to transfer to their personal account.
    Agent name: Barrister Muhammed Naveed in Jakarta Indonesia e-mail adress:barr_muhammednaveed@hotmail.com phone number:+62 21 92825885

• Si
      25th of Oct, 2008

Hello a got email that a won the lottery of £516, 778. And was told that a had to pay insurance of £379 saw a would get my winnings. To cover mailing of £60 and insurance £300 pulse vat(5%) £019.00 A payed £379 through western union. Did not no this was scam email. And tell some comments about this thicking a was to get £516, 778. Saw am going to the police about this. And saw tnt courier service MR GAY REDKNAPP.

• Vi
      18th of Nov, 2008

I recieved this email on 17th november:

Dear Winner,
    We wish to congratulate you over your email success in ourcomputerballoting held on the 15th November 2008. This is a ScientificComputer Game in which email addresses were used. It is a promotionalprogram aimed at encouraging internet users; Meaning, you do not need tobuy ticket to enter for it. Your email account have been picked as one of the ten winning emailaddress in 2008.You are therefore been approved to claim a total sum of£516, 778.00(Five hundred and Sixteen thousand, seven hundred and seventyeight pounds sterling only) or $921, 201:00(Nine hundred and twenty onethousand two hundred and one dollars only)in cash/check credited to file number UK/5678/T85.
    Ref: UK/9420X2/68Batch: 074/05/ZY369Lucky No:- 07-13-31.54-640Serial No: - MUO TI/82536
    All participants were selected through a computer balloting system drawnfrom Nine hundred thousand E-mail addresses from Canada, Australia, UnitedStates, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of ourinternational promotions program which is conducted annually.
    This Lotterywas promoted and sponsored by a conglomerate of some multinationalcompanies to promote the use of internet around the world.
    TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE. Simply contact:- Mr.Bruce FergusonEmail: brcferguson@live.com Please quote your reference, batch and winning numbers which as well yourfull name, Occupation, Sex, Age, Marital Status, Nationality address andtelephone number .
    We advice all winners to keep this informationconfidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this programme by non-participant or unofficial personnel. Note, All winnings must be claimed within 20 days from this notification otherwise all funds will be returned as Unclaimed. Congratulations once again on your winnings!!! Best Regards. Mrs.Angelica HanleyCo-ordinator(Online Promo Programme)

I asked for so kind of authentication as there was no way that I would give out my details, to which I recieved:

I am happy to inform you, your Original Certificate and your Certified bank cheque has been fowarded to the courier company.
    Find below the details of the courier company.
    TNT COURIER SERVICE
    ADDRESS OF HEAD OFFICE: TNT Luton Depot
    Bedfordshire
    LU3 3AN, UK.
    NAME:MR GARY REDKNAPP(dispatch officer)
    EMAIL: tntukexpress@hotmail.co.uk

TEL1: +447045642660

FAX : +448704787844
    EMAIL: tntukexpress@hotmail.co.uk

You are advised to send the courier company a mail to their email address for their courier cost.When contacting them, you are to include this order number as your subject.Please you are adviced to write down the order number and save it.

ORDER NUMBER:U562725
    Ref:UK/9420X2/68
    Batch:074/05/ZY369

Note: you are to Quote your complete names, Ref/Batch Numbers and your direct phone number so that they can honour your letter.Once again i say congratulations and always inform me with your dealings with the courier company.

Thanks,
    BRUCE FERGUSON(MR)
    Claims Agent

I decided to google the address to check out whether it was real or not, which is when I came across this complaint forum. I think that it is unacceptable that this person is still getting away with this scam considering that the first complaint was from August. I have been hounded with emails from this so called lottery representive and through curiosity I responded. Fortunately I haven't fallen for the scam unlike other people. However there are still emails going around. What is going to be done to make sure that this person gets reprimanded?

22nd of Jun, 2010

I won 750.000.00 GBT

• Ra
      22nd of Jul, 2010

Hello a got massage that a won the 750, 000, 00 GBP.contact Dr.Fergurson, with full Name, Address, Tel, via email:fergursonrobin@gmail.com
    yashraj091@gmail.com
    and my Mo. No.:-9890316256

5th of Sep, 2010

Please let me know that the below is correct address and representative agent of TNT Courrier company.???

I am happy to inform you, your Original Certificate and your Certified For the NATIONAL LOTTERY UK
    bank cheque has been fowarded to the courier company.

Find below the details of the courier company.

TNT COURIER SERVICE
    ADDRESS OF HEAD OFFICE: TNT Luton Depot
    Bedfordshire
    LU3 3AN, UK.

NAME:MR GARY REDKNAPP(dispatch officer)
    EMAIL: tntexpressdept@live.com
    TEL: +44 7045702964
    FAX : +448704787844

• Ta
      17th of Jan, 2011

I Won 750, 000.00GBP
    Name=Tafseer ahmad khan
    Address=Halkey wali ziarat, rampur (U.P)
    Mob=07737464704.
    E mail id=tafseerahmadkhan@gmail.com

• Sh
      18th of Jan, 2011

I HAVE GOT A MESSAGE THAT I HAVE 750000 GBP. NOW THEY WANTED ME TO LOG ON TO FERGURSONROBIN@GMAIL.COM . SO WHAT SHALL I DO NOW .I THIS INFORMATION IS TRUE OR NOT . PLEASE TELL ME

• Ni
      24th of Feb, 2011

also today I have a got massage that i have won the 750, 000, 00 GBP.contact Dr.Fergurson, with full Name, Address, Tel, via email:fergursonrobin@gmail.com
    nsakpal14@gmail.com

• Ga
      7th of May, 2011

also today I have a got massage that i have won the 750, 000, 00 GBP.contact Dr.Fergurson, via email:fergursonrobin@gmail.com
    dhondu007@gmail.com

29th of Jun, 2011

hi my name is karan makker today I have a got massage that i have won the 750, 000, 00 plz send my payment on my account
    my mobile no is 9580706030