UK Car Rental / Rental Problems

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

On August 23rd, 2007 we reserved a FVA Large Auto seven seat and paid in full using our credit card. Upon arrival at Edinburgh Airport on December 22nd, 2007, we were told by the rental car company that the Rental Voucher from UK Car Rental had been “suspended” and that no vehicle had been reserved for us. Thankfully, there was a van available that we were able to use, however, we had to have a hold placed on our credit card until the issue with the rental voucher was resolved. After numerous phone calls to the main office which stated the office hours but had no anwering machine and unreturned calls from the “Emergency Contact Number” we have now returned the vehicle (January 6, 2008) and have been charged , in full, again for the vehicle since the voucher issue had not been resolved prior to our leaving the country. When speaking with car rental comapny at the end of our trip they expressed their concern over this situation and mentioned that we were not the only customers that used UK Car Rental with this same experience during this holiday season.

Other than the phone messages left on the emergency line, I have tried emailing the company at the two email addresses that I have for them but both email addresses have been rejected. On their website it states that "UK Car Rental will endeavour to resolve complaints within 28 days of receiving full details in writing. Should additional information be required from the supplying company the complaint may take longer to resolve." Unfortunately, there is no mailing address on the website and I have yet been able to find an address to attempt to resolve the issue (I have contimued to try and call the main office, however the message is still just listing office hours and does not allow you to leave a message). At this point we will be contacting our credit card company to see if we can have the charges reversed.

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am

Comments

• Am
      15th of Jan, 2008

UPDATE
    Contacted Consumer Direct (South West) which is the Government Helpline funded by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) dealing with calls and emails to Trading Standards departments in the South West of England w.consumerdirect.gov.uk. They were able to give advice on what to do if the credit card company would not assist us.

I contacted www.ContactCarHire.com because it was listed on our rental voucher. I went to that site and most of the functions were not functioning however the email link was so I emailed them the complaint. The response was from a rental company but not UK car Rental. They gave me the following information:

They believe that they are now trading as;

The managing Director of UK Car rental - they believe is the managing Director of Select hire - Mrs. Tanya Millington

Telephone 0870 432 9392
    Email sales@selecthire.co.uk

UK Car Rental Ltd / Select Hire
    Roskrow Manor
    Roskrow
    St. Gluvias
    Cornwall
    TR10 9AP

I personally, checked the address of both Select Hire and UK Car Rental and they do share the same address. I was able to find the address after a lot of searching by Googleing the Registered Company Number... Select Hire has a different Registered Company Number.

We were able to get our money back after a long argument with the credit card company!!!

I hope this helps anyone else looking for help in getting their money back!

9th of Feb, 2009

Get a life you loosers keep writing this stupid ###, how bored are your lifes?