UEI / Worse School Ever

UEI does nothing but lie to there students. They promise you success in writing and verbally, but nothing is honored. I took the pharmacy technician course there in 2009 and graduated with high honors and still don't have a EI job. I took CPR training in june 2009 and still do not have my CPR card. Every time I ask about it my instructor tells me it should be here any day now. They weren't that relax about getting my tuition payment. Every single day they had no problem interrupting class to harass students about there tuition payments. Why has it been 8 months and I still do not have my CPR card. I am still waiting to be registered to take the PTCB exam that was included in my tuition. I filled out the application in October 2009, and still have not been registered dby the school. I went to check on the reason why, and Found that my application was sitting in the desk of one of the instructors for 4 months! Then they invited students who were not yet employed to come to a job fair that would have employers from all fields, but when we arrived there were no employers at all! They gave us some cookies and soda and asked us why we think we haven't got a job. Then they took down our phone numbers (like they don't have that info already) then told us, " Thank you for coming". They wasted my time and my gas. Career services does nothing to help students find jobs. I tried to utilize my counselor, and all I got was a list of outdated job leads that she had given to other students 3 months before. All their information was on the job leads including the dates she faxed their resumes months before. I found my own externship site because my coordinator said she did not have any sites. I am not the only one who feels this way. I have over 20 classmates that attended school with me as well as previous students who all share similar issues. I found out that this has been going on for years. If anyone is planning a lawsuit I would like to join in. Please don't be fooled.These are the type of services you receive when you attend UEI College. What a waste of time and money.

Comments

• T8
      9th of Jun, 2010

Yeah...What joke(played on us)this so called school is. My wife and I went through the same type of BS...check out our complaint. You are so right...nothing but lies on top of lies. I'm sorry about to hear your experience...have you found a job yet? I have given fight and won(or at least refunded in full) in a similar experience I have had recently. It involves a lot of time calling/ writing/ filling out forms on complaint boards, with BBB, Attorney Generals, FTC, Gov., blogging, etc. ..but it does work.

There's much research to be done when doing something like this...But my wife and I are not going anywhere and we sure aren't working...

I guess it's time to start fighting for our money back.
    This isn't over!

• Bi
      31st of Aug, 2010

I agree 100%. I took the Criminal Justice program in San Diego and completed my course in July-or so I thought. I had medical issues due to my pregnancy and a death in my family which caused me to miss class. I was never told I was in danger of not graduating. My grade point average was 3.5 and I always turned in my homework and passed my test. It was only after having completed the program that I started to get numerous phones calls on early Sunday mornings from random staff at UEI telling me that I was not going to graduate because my attendance was 79.3 and I need 80%. It did not matter that I had medical problems which I could document and it did not matter that I passed with flying colors. They only cared about getting my money and now they wont gradutate me unless I got back and complete a course with I have already passed once before-all of ths beacause I'm less than 1% away from the 80% attendance..This school is such a joke. Books were never in on time..we never but once in the nine months completed the survey which I was told we are supposed to so after every course. Half the time the computers didn't work in our class room and it wasn't until 4months into the couse that we even got computers. Half the time our power point presentations didn't work. There is no communication within this school. They scheduled job fairs on days where the night students could not attend because if we did they would count us absent..what kind of bullcrap is that. They say they want to help find you a job but then when they do have the job fair they will count you absent from class if you attend the fair. PLEASE save your time and money and go to a city college...UEI IS A JOKE!!
    if anyone out there is interested in fighting you get your money back I'm game!

29th of Sep, 2010

I'm going to UEI and .. i hate it! it sucks .. Couple months ago I was told that everything was ready on my Financial Aid, yesterady they took me out of class and to tell me that i need some papers to process everything. right now I'm in my 4th module and Guess What .. I've thinking to drop out of school this fu * school!!! SERIOUSLY...

• Mi
      22nd of Oct, 2010

soory to hear al your complains but i also went thro the same thing were i went to UEI elmonte and i graduated in 09 it is now oct 2010 and i still have no job . I called UEI several of times to tell them i need a job and they said keep applying and i told them you promised to help me get a job after i gradfuated and she just said well were trying. but yet when they needed there money they were really on it though. now i got sallie mae calling me saying there sending me to collections because i havent made a payment but yet i havent even worked. an other thing that gets me is when se got are financial aid refund they kept iot they never gave it to mee wtf is that so this school is very crapy i wounld not rec ommend it to ANYONE..

21st of Jan, 2011

UEI is a Huge SCAM!! PLEASE BEWARE OF UEI, THEY HAVE NOTHING BUY LIERS WORKING THERE. THEY DO NOT GIVE A DAMM ABOUT YOU, ONLY THE MONEY. AND WHEN THEY PROMISE YOU ONLY PAY FOR THE AMOUNT THAT YOU ATTEND, THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE.
    I DROPED OUT 1 WEEK AFTER ATTENDING, AND I GOT STUCK WITH OVER 6, 000. THEY NEVER RETURN MY PHONE CALLS. UEI IS THE WORST SCHOOL EVER-EVER-EVER...

21st of Jan, 2011

Any UEI is the same every where. there all a SCAM!! if you want real Education, go to a real collage. Not a Joke like UEI. They are only ther to take your money, and leave you hanging with the bill. They do not help you find a Job, and lie to you just so you sign up.
    Just SAY NO TO UEI, YOU WILL THANK YOU GOD YOU DID!!

• Th
      11th of Feb, 2011

UEI College is the worse vocational school that anyone could attend. The Admissions Department are full of people who do nothing more then lie and mislead people just to get them to sign up for one of their programs. Once a student get past the first 6 days and the Admissions Rep gets the credit for the enrollment, they could care less about you. More sadly is the fact the UEI College thinks nothing about the fields they offer training in and the reason I say that is the fact that UEI will enroll anybody. It does not matter to UEI College if a person comes in who has a felony conviction for drugs, they will still enroll them into the Pharmacy Tech program knowing full well that the student will not pass a backgrounds check.
    This school needs to be investigated and shut down for the good of the general public.

• Pa
      6th of Mar, 2011

I had it out with my instructor for my AAS in Business in 2010, he was obviously being very sarcastic; and didn't deny it when I asked him why he was acting like that. Apparently he was upset about some things that another student in my class was saying about him and decided to vent his frustrations on me, wrong answer. I reported my teacher actions to one of the deans, of course nothing was done about it. I also attended UEI College for Computer Systems Technician in 2009, when I finished the campus portion; they had me do my externship in Miramar; and I live in Chula Vista, CA where the school is also located. If that's not some BS, I don't know what is. I'm most definitely down for a class-action lawsuit.

• Ha
      25th of Mar, 2011

I am currently attending UEI fresno campus and am having doubts about the school. I was enrolled on Wensday Febuary 16, 2011 and started class the very next day, my finacial aid wasnt even completed, I started with one intructor Mrs. Mellisa and finished to books in the first month, they put her on a 3 month probation for unknown reasons, then a week later they terminated her contract stating she did not have propper control over the class because other students and faculty over heard a few words being exchanged over people getting into others buisness in class, now we have a new instructor who supposedly tought at kaplan but no one likes her because in the week shes been our instructor we havent learned anything, havent even finished a chapter in a book and was overheard talking crap on students she hadn't met yet. The first day she was there she did nothing to help the new students she just handed them paperwork and said get started. We the students took upon ourselves to help the new students and are basicaly teaching ourselves with reading the material givin to us. And I thought when you apply for financial aid you are given the option of taking out a student loan or loans but they told me it was manditory that I take out the loans, and as of the free aid appointed to me, I havn't seen a dime and they say i still owe $416 left over not covered by loans or free aid.

• Li
      13th of Apr, 2011

I AGREE WITH THE FIRST COMPLAINT AND YES I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN A LAWSUIT TOO BECAUSE THIS STORY COMES AROUND OVER AND OVER WITH ALL STUDENTS THERE..THIS AINT FAIR HOW DO THEY EXPECT US TO PAY THE LOAN IF WE DONT WORK!!!EVERYWERE I TRY TO APPLY TO THEY ASK FOR EXPERIENCE OF 2YRS AND ON HOW IN THE WORLD ARE WE GONNA GET THAT EXPERIENCE IF NO ONE GIVES US A CHANCE.!!!

• Wa
      29th of Apr, 2011

Anyone ever have an experience with an instructor at UEI? If so, send me a private message.

26th of Jun, 2011

UEI is a huge SCAM! RIP OFFS. They do and say anything to sign you up, after that, they do not give a damm about you. This is not over, if anyone know how i can start a class action law suit, please let me know, and join in on it if you want your money back from this worsless school ever.

• Ro
      28th of Jun, 2011

Worst school out there. I went to the El Monte campus and ended up filing a Better Busines Bureau report against them.

• Ne
      28th of Jun, 2011

For those considering joining UEI, reconsider it. Most vocational training courses at these colleges offer low waged salaries in the field of study you enroll to. You're lucky if you land a job before your loans are due. Don't depend on Careers Services for help, you're mainly responsible for landing a "job" regardless of the title given to "Career services" you're really just getting a job, not a career. Business is business and UEI, like all business are really there to sell, so don't be fooled by even the schools saying: "Student Success is Our Success" which really reads, "Student Enrollment is Our $uccess".

When I signed up for UEI, my Admissions representative of course was "nice" and "helpful", but since my first day of class until now, I wake up not looking forward to attending this college anymore. The instructor I got for my Medical Assisting program, is rude and sarcastic, he's not someone I look forward to seeing 5 times a week for 8 months. He made me feel uncomfortable since the first day of class by making a remark that was not necessary. With all honesty and bluntness, this "college" just gives off the vibe of being fake. I think it takes advantage of the students, locking them in with high interest loans. Tuition at a community college cost you less than $15k+ and sometimes your fees are waived with financial aid. I had a gut feeling about this school these past 6-7 days and I was right, they are there for the money. The student is really on their own learning from text books and hoping they can get a job after they graduate to pay their loans back. I'm cancelling my UEI contract today and going back to community college in Fall of this year, at least I know the community college I'm applying to has more creditability, is recognized and I can actually transfer my credits to a 4yr University. I want what is best for me, not second best, if I can even call it second best. I strongly encourage people to just attend community college. I know GED classes may seem useless and the time to finish say an AA degree will take 2 or even 3yrs to complete, but in the long run it's worth it. Good Luck everyone =)

• Ca
      12th of Jul, 2011

I guess if you all want to have everything handed to you and you can't work for what you need to in life then you will complain about everything that anyone tries to do for you. I know many many people at UEI that truely care for all the students and would never lie or rip us off. You all are so full of your own BS, that you can't see what is good right in front of your eyes!! Wake up and work for you education, and quit blaming others for your lack of succes. UEI is here to give you a chance in life. There are NO guarantees about anything in life, accept that you surely will die one day. So if you don't like UEI than move on. UEI has helped thousands of students get an education an obtain jobs that changed their lives. So most of these complaints are mostly baseless and nonesense!

• Ti
      15th of Jul, 2011
    UEI - Jobs
    U.E.I
    Huntington Park
    California

U.E.I is. Nothing but a lie. I went there and theire full of it, promise to graduate and. Jobs placement for. Life so. Why am I still. Without a job, they claim to. Help but the last director was prejudice... One i
    Thing. For sure you have to on you're payments on time...

• Ti
      15th of Jul, 2011

I agree with all the complaints I my self attended U.E.I in 2001 and it was a joke then and it still is all nothing but lies and fake advertisement,

• Sc
      23rd of Jul, 2011

I went to check it out, and with out EVEN ASKING ME they started my paper work, and had me take a test...WTF??? I JUST WANTED A TOUR! They then out right registered me when i told them I never graduated high school! They didn't care i had no education. Today i called to cancel my registration, no response or calls back.

• Fl
      11th of Aug, 2011

This is so true!! I have not been able to secure a job. Everything everyone has said is the absolute truth. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY IT IS OK. They are being fooled in school as we were. Stay far away from this place unless you want to owe a student loan that cannot be paid back. I also have been looking for a class action suit. Something needs to be done about these schools that are only there for the money and do not give a damn about the students. They lie from start to finish.

• Ca
      12th of Aug, 2011
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

When you all look in the mirror you must see nothing but failure. I am so very sorry that you are all failures in life. If you go somewhere as a failure then you will be a FAILURE. WAKE THE [censored] UP PEOPLE! Grow and quit blaming others for your own ###. All the people complaining on here will never amount to anything because you always blame others for your short-comings.