uBid.com / Won't honor auctions

I have been a long time customer of uBid, spending a couple thousand dollars over a 10-12 year period.

Recently, I decided to buy some mp3 players as gifts, and found some at uBid.com with low opening bid prices. I won four of these units, in separate auctions, all at the opening bid price, because nobody bid against me.

uBid confirmed I had won, and later sent me USPS tracking numbers. But, it turns out they never mailed the items, they just issued the tracking numbers. When I complained that I had not received them, they just ignored me. It took many repeated attempts before they would even respond, and then they said they would just issue a credit.

This is NOT acceptable. They cannot cancel a contract just because I won at the opening bid price.

They obviously have more in stock, as they put several of these units up for auction every single day.

As I see it, the only option I have left is to file four complaints with the Federal Trade Commission. At least I will have the satisfaction of knowing it will cost them hundreds of times as much in legal fees to respond to those complaints, as what they are trying to cheat me - a long-time loyal customer - out of.

Obviously, I will NEVER buy from them again, and would advise others to STAY AWAY FROM UBID.COM. They are NOT honest, and do not even respond to customer complaints!

Ro

Comments

• Th
      20th of Feb, 2010

• Ub
      23rd of Feb, 2010

There was an issue with the vendors items being stolen from a Postal Service truck which is why the customer was going to be refund; however, they were able to get another shipment of these into their location and have since shipped all 4 units out to this customer. He should be receiving them within the next few days.

Amanda M.