U - Save Car Rental / service

1 CYPRESS BLVD TAMPATampa, FL, United States Review updated:

WE ARRIVED AT TAMPA AIRPORT AT 3:15 PM, PICKED UP THE U-SAVE PHONE AT BAGGAGE CLAIM TO CALL FOR THE SHUTTLE TO U-SAVE PARKING LOT. AFTER THREE CALLS AND 50 MIN LATER WE WERE PICKED UP. THEY GAVE US A FAIRLY NEW PONTIAC GRAND PRIX WITH 15, 000 MILES ON IT.
AFTER DRIVING FOR 45 MIN WE STOPED AT OUR DESTINATION FOR 1/2 HOUR. UPON RETURNING TO OUR CAR TO GO ON TO OUR NEXT DESTINATION THE CAR WAS COMPLETELY DEAD. WE COULD NOT EVEN GET INTO THE TRUNK BECAUSE IT HAD NO KEY SLOT IN THE TRUNK LID AREA. IT WAS LIKE SOMEONE TOOK OUT THE BATTERY. AFTER 4 CALLS BACK TO THE RENTAL LOT AND 1HOUR LATER, THEY TOLD ME THAT I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE A TAXI 30 MIN BACK TO THE LOT FOR ANOTHER CAR, BUT THEY WOULD REIMBURSE ME FOR THE CAB FARE. I PULLED DOWN THE BACK SEAT AND REACHED THRUOGH TO PULL OUT MY SUITCASES BECAUSE THERE WAS A TOW TRUCK COMING TO TAKE THE CAR AWAY. A HOUR AND 30 MIN I WAS BACK AT MY DESTINATION WITH AN OTHER CAR. IT LITERALLY TOOK FOUR HOURS OUT OF MY DAY TO SCREW AROUND WITH RENTING A CAR FROM U-SAVE. AFTERWARDS I FOUND OUT I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO BE LEFT STRANDED WITH THAT CAR. I DON'T RECOMMEND USING U-SAVE FROM THE TAMPA AIRPORT.

Comments

• Us
      17th of Apr, 2008

they cheat me on my gas and charge me extra for the same level of gas that i return. dont rent there car bad costumer service

19th of May, 2008

I had a great experience there. But just like with own personal cars, things happen during rentals. Just like things happen with airlines. I have rented their several times and have been satisifed each time.