U S Fedelis / Fraud and cheating

After seeing an add on TV, I contacted US Fedelis to inquire about an extended warranty for my 1998 Buick Regal. My car will be a classic and has been meticulously maintained.

I normally perform some minimal due diligence before transacting any business on line; however, I did not this time, and risked the loss of $125.00. This company did not offer a complete full disclosure of the terms of their warranty contract. They over looked the fact that a $75.00 cancellation fee would be charged if their contract were canceled early, and that they automatically charge the insurred's account for monthly payments. Both of these issues caused me to demand immediate cancellation of any verbal agreement I may have had. I never allow any company to charge my accounts on a continuous monthly basis. I believe everyone should have the right to review a final hard copy of any contract before it is accepted.

Since I used my banlk's debit card for the required initial down payment, I immediately notified my bank of my concerns and my bank immediately refunded the $125.00. A formal dispute was initiated. Within a week after returning all documents and unopened contents of a package I received from US Fedelis, I received a $100.00 of the $125.00 downpayment. I am still waiting for the remaining $25.00.

This entire transaction was misrepresented and not fully disclosed; therefore, the contract was recinded. All monies must be returned.

All I can say is be careful, do your due diligence, know the company you are doing business with. Their website does not visibly provide access to the company's ownership, contact information, or mailing address on its home page which is an ICAN requirement. Just be careful.

Sn

Comments

1st of Mar, 2009

I to purchased a warranty from US Fedelis and i had nothing but good with the company. Most people just dont realize the terms of agreement. I carefully went over contract with warranty specialist and i was good to go. I then got my package stating everything that was covered on my truck and i read all fine print and it is exactly what i was told on the phone. they are a great company my parents bought a warranty several years ago and dads motor blew up and they paid for everything except for the 100 dollar deductable so if thats not good then i dont know what is. also they sponsor one of the best nascar drivers rusty wallace and his son steve so for a company to be a scam they sure spend alot of money on advertisement for nothing i just think people just want a good product for nothing and thats the bottom line so dont listen to all the crabing from people that dont know what they are talking about. Do the reserch the company has been in buisness for over 20 years so they must be doing something right. they also employ hundreds of people a year so to have about 800 people working for them i think its not hard to say that they are not a scam. and every company has complaints on them and lawsuites so people just need to grow up and do research before the crab about nothing and also with the guy not getting 25 dollars of 125 dollars thats because the contract states that if you cancel before a certain time they will charge a 25 dollar penalty just like if you would with any type of contract so the other guy just didnt read contract carefully.

• Us
      10th of May, 2009

It looks like Jay the commenter is a USFidelis company representative. He goes line by line for every complaint on this site. Except he must not have read the part where everyone is saying that NO CONTRACT IS PROVIDED UNTIL AFTER SIGNING UP. Nice try, Jay, but if you are going to be a liar and a shill then you should at least make an effort to be believable. You'd better get busy, you have DOZENS of complaint sites listing multiple complaints regarding the USFidelis scam. As their sole satisfied customer who doesn't mind shilling for them you have your work cut out for you.

• Cb
      16th of Jun, 2009

HA, HA, THAT ON EWAS RIGHT ON THE MONEY, SOCK IT TO EM, HE'S WRONG FOR TRYING TO SCAM PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY AT THE WAY THIS NATION IS PLINGGING IN THE CAR INDUSTRY. THANKS I WILL INVESTIGATE EVERY COMPANY I COME ACROSS, MY MOM ALWAYS TAUGHT ME THAT. GO TO BBB, THEY HAVE MAJORITY OF YOUR CONCERNS AND ANSWERS

• Jm
      28th of Jul, 2009

Thanks for the information. Thought the ad was a scam - You saved me a telephone call and possibly some money. Thanks.

• Mo
      1st of Feb, 2010

Iam Michael and I just wanted to say that I want all my Damb money back from this peace of ### or I will file charges on US. Fedelis.