U-Haul / u-haul is a monkey business!

I will never Use U-Haul Again!

Behrouz Roomiany- July 24 07
I have not received any answer back yet!!!

1) Tursday July 12th- My first E-mail

I made a reservation for a van on 06/14/2007 with maria at u-haul branch in bakersfield.

I told her my destination is monroe, wa. She said that she can not find monroe in the list and she wanted to know if we have u-haul location in monroe. I told her that i'm pretty sure that there is one in there.

She still was telling me that she can not find anything for monroe. Finally she told me that she will put seattle as my destination but i can drop the van off in monroe if i saw a u-haul location .

Few days later when i was sighning the paper work, i asked her again about the destination and she again asured me that as long as i return the with no more milage or less amount of gas there is no problem.

Today i check my credit card on line and i noticed that there is an additional $553.30 charge from u-haul branch in monroe, wa.

I called the bakersfield branch and and i talked to april mallwood. She introduced herself as the manager assistant. She said you can not do any thing because you sighned the contract for seattle not monroe. I explained what had happend in detail. But she said she can not do any thing about it. I requested to talk to the manager but she said she is not in. Then she put me on hold and after few minutes she came back on line and told me that she can refund the charges back in to my account but u-haul has to change the destination now from seattle to monroe which has different fee and is way more expensive.

To me it sounds like u-haul staff made a mistake but i have to pay for it. Customer service in that location is horrible. I mention just few of them:

1- The van that i got was dirty and was not washed. Windshiled was full of dead bugs. When i mention this to felisha, who is the lot attendance, she said that they are short in staff and i'm the only one in here. She was complaining about william mcthrow who is the manager/owner. Finally they did not wash the van. I have pictures and video film.

2- I was promised a locker for the cargo. When i asked maria, she went to a guy who was covering for the manager and he said "we don't have any locker, buy one".

3- I wanted to put my car on transporter. I asked felisha if any one can show me how to secure the car on the transporter. She said "as you can see i'm the only one and i have no time to show you this. You can go to service department and get help. Customer safety is not a concern for this u-haul branch.

4- We came to inspectin part and again i was told to go out and do the inspection yourself and mark the green sheet. I did it my self and i wrote it down.

This was the worst u-haul customer service that i've ever seen. Your web site says that i will recieve a respound with in next 24 hrs. I hope so.
B. Roomiany

2) July 12th- first respond

Dear b. Roomiany,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your rental concerns. We apologize for the difficulties experienced and any inconveniences caused by this matter.

Your communication has been forwarded to the office responsible for the area in which your situation is based. We have requested they review your situation and contact you in two business days.

Customer satisfaction is vital to our success. Again, we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

Katy arnold
U-haul customer service

3) Monday july 16th- my second e-mail

Hi katy,

Thanks your response to my e-mail. You have mentioned that with in next two business days u-haul will contact me. I received your response on thu, 12 jul 2007. Today is monday and i have not received any response from u-haul yet. Please let me know why is that?

B. Roomiany